Player suspensions

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone who wants to know when and where the pool photo was taken can find out with a little work. I'm too lazy and don't care enough to do it, but I'm confident there are plenty of able persons on this forum that could.

Go to the original post and grab the photo. The metadata associated with the photo is still there. That metadata contains not only the date and time the photo was taken, but, depending on the camera, probably has exact longitude and latitude coordinates of the origin. If this was a cell phone pic, it absolutely has all that data embedded. These are the things I try to explain to my teenage kids about photos they post to the internet. Unless you are extremely careful, there is no anonymity in a public (or private) space. This guy doesn't seem savvy enough to take the kind of precautions necessary to create an airtight hoax. Besides, I don't think GT is refuting the Arizona trip. I think that's part of what was self-reported. Airfare was $233 each.

Here's a famous example of that data being used ... some online services (facebook, etc.) strip it out when you post a pic.

https://petapixel.com/2012/12/03/ex...location-of-fugitive-billionaire-john-mcafee/

Last edited:

tinduck

Georgia Tech Fan
The legend, Keith Easterwood... who called him a wacko.

Keith Easterwood is an AAU coach who currently lives in Chattanooga. He ran a very good Memphis AAU team for a long time. He is connected to Sonny Vaccaro, a former Nike and Addias executive who sponsored his AAU team.

Vaccaro is retired. Easterwood current AAU team isn't nearly as good as his old Memphis teams. Once, Penny and Thad started up he became a lot less important in the Memphis AAU scene.

But he still gets on the radio and acts important.

He also likes to call people homophobic slurs on messages boards, so yeah. That dude is trash.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone who wants to know when and where the pool photo was taken can find out with a little work. I'm too lazy and don't care enough to do it, but I'm confident there are plenty of able persons on this forum that could.

Go to the original post and grab the photo. The metadata associated with the photo is still there. That metadata contains not only the date and time the photo was taken, but, depending on the camera, probably has exact longitude and latitude coordinates of the origin. If this was a cell phone pic, it absolutely has all that data embedded. These are the things I try to explain to my teenage kids about photos they post to the internet. Unless you are extremely careful, there is no anonymity in a public (or private) space. This guy doesn't seem savvy enough to take the kind of precautions necessary to create an airtight hoax. Besides, I don't think GT is refuting the Arizona trip. I think that's part of what was self-reported. Airfare was $233 each.
The school did self report that info. The biggest issue is why he did this and the wild claims that he is making. He was never asked to recruit or make players happy. He was allowed to hang around but had no job duties like an assistant coach or other staff member. He has personal vendettas against Pastner, Ellie Cantkier, and Julian Swartz. He has posted pictures that he either copied from someone else’s social media page or took at previous games to make it appear that he is still involved with the program. Our assistant coaches do the grunt work for recruiting, this guy has done nothing.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
The school did self report that info. The biggest issue is why he did this and the wild claims that he is making. He was never asked to recruit or make players happy. He was allowed to hang around but had no job duties like an assistant coach or other staff member. He has personal vendettas against Pastner, Ellie Cantkier, and Julian Swartz. He has posted pictures that he either copied from someone else’s social media page or took at previous games to make it appear that he is still involved with the program. Our assistant coaches do the grunt work for recruiting, this guy has done nothing.

I assume our self-report is not publicly available (via a FOIA request or whatever)? Hate that Gary Parish is potentially fueling all of this bad press about how Tech likely lied to the NCAA if we were truly up front in our report. And if neither Parish nor Ron has ever seen the report, seems like a bit of bad reporting to make the strong suggestions that Parish has allowed this guy to make via him.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer

This is something everyone should turn off. It's a feature for apps and advertisers to use and serves little to no benefit for the user. I hate being the old man yelling at the clouds, but when was the last time someone looked at a picture they took of their family at the beach and asked themselves what beach was this? Metadata works great for counter-terrorism though

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I assume our self-report is not publicly available (via a FOIA request or whatever)? Hate that Gary Parish is potentially fueling all of this bad press about how Tech likely lied to the NCAA if we were truly up front in our report. And if neither Parish nor Ron has ever seen the report, seems like a bit of bad reporting to make the strong suggestions that Parish has allowed this guy to make via him.

#JournalismIsDed

If called on it, Parrish will put his palms up, raise his eyebrows and say STTE: "Itz jus' my job to tell tha story, itz up to the people to decide what they believe."

Cop-out journalism. No need to vet anything.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not sure if it’s available. Parish is only going off of Ron’s word on this. He seems to have an inflated view of himself and a rather large ego. It’s that fragile ego that set all of this in motion.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
#JournalismIsDed

If called on it, Parrish will put his palms up, raise his eyebrows and say STTE: "Itz jus' my job to tell tha story, itz up to the people to decide what they believe."

Cop-out journalism. No need to vet anything.
1) I believe that Bell knew that Parrish would be the perfect person to go to. Being that he's a national columnist who has significant ties to Memphis he would be the one to approach.
2) If Parrish asks for receipts and phone records, etc as he claims then he did do some vetting.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

You can also Google 4 words and find the address. Trust me, I found it pretty quickly on the second try.

CruncheeSportz

Georgia Tech Fan
Based on Google Earth shots, doesnt even appear as if there is a pool in Rons backyard. It's pretty clear in other houses on his street where there is a pool.

Malpharetta04

Georgia Tech Fan
Jumpman, have you heard whether the NCAA has given any indication on how long it will take for them to rule on this matter?
I know, I know, its easy to make jokes about how they will inevitably screw us by dragging their feet only to eventually drop the hammer. But I am curious to hear whether anyone has an actual idea of what the time frame may be.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Jumpman, have you heard whether the NCAA has given any indication on how long it will take for them to rule on this matter?
I know, I know, its easy to make jokes about how they will inevitably screw us by dragging their feet only to eventually drop the hammer. But I am curious to hear whether anyone has an actual idea of what the time frame may be.
No, as far as I know the NCAA has not giving the school a time in which they will make a ruling.