Player suspensions

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What an empty life Ron Bell must have. He needed and received help from CJP years ago for drug addiction and depression. He seems to have also had trouble with law enforcement somewhere in his past. Pastner, in what seems to have been an act of kindness, allowed Ron access to the program in Memphis. His presence among the players made him feel better about himself, I suppose, and he did not cause any problems. Or, none that we know about. So, when Pastner comes to GT he provides the same access to Ron. But the GT admin was not used to groupies hanging around and did not treat him with the respect he felt he deserved. So, Ron started causing trouble when Pastner didn't come to his aid. The brouhaha surrounding the T-shirts seemed pretty trivial at the time, but no disrespect is too trivial for some people.

At some point in the not too distant future, this problem will be resolved. Whether GT comes out of it with only minimal impact is yet to be determined, but it will end. Then what happens to poor Ron? No program anywhere will let him have anything more than sidewalk fan access to their program. Maybe not even that. He is a sad, pathetic individual.

On second thought, I would be willing to pay him to befriend Coach K.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
The most damning evidence will be Okogie and Jackson’s testimonies. Whether CJP knew what was happening and if not, did he find out on Oct. 2nd or did he find out before and wait until threatened by Bell. This will be the deciding factor IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
The NCAA needs to think this through and get out of their self imposed box.

If they do anything to GT it will open the doors to every jerk in the US to start
giving mdse/favors to players on the teams they detest and then report it to the NCAA.
The Alabama & Auburn fans will have every players on each team suspended for the season.
There would be no Iron Bowl.
There could be dozens of reports a week/month that would literally put the
NCAA out of business.
The ruling needs to be along the lines: " the evidence says the Bell set out to "entrap"
the GT program to satisfy an imaginary slight by the GT coach.
He did not do it to help the GT program but to harm the GT program.
As a result there will be no penalties handed out to GT."

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
The NCAA needs to think this through and get out of their self imposed box.

If they do anything to GT it will open the doors to every jerk in the US to start
giving mdse/favors to players on the teams they detest and then report it to the NCAA.
The Alabama & Auburn fans will have every players on each team suspended for the season.
There would be no Iron Bowl.
There could be dozens of reports a week/month that would literally put the
NCAA out of business.
The ruling needs to be along the lines: " the evidence says the Bell set out to "entrap"
the GT program to satisfy an imaginary slight by the GT coach.
He did not do it to help the GT program but to harm the GT program.
As a result there will be no penalties handed out to GT."
It was definitely done to hurt the program.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Why I'm the **** did JO and TJ think that accepting any of this was ok. I played D2 basketball years ago. We took compliance courses. If someone offered to buy us a Big Mac meal we knew damn well to call coach. Hell, they made it fell like we were violating a rule if a girl took us on a date and paid! They knew this **** was off. They're at fault as well. Now Ron Bell on the other hand needs to get his *** seriously beat for his part.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Why I'm the **** did JO and TJ think that accepting any of this was ok. I played D2 basketball years ago. We took compliance courses. If someone offered to buy us a Big Mac meal we knew damn well to call coach. Hell, they made it fell like we were violating a rule if a girl took us on a date and paid! They knew this **** was off. They're at fault as well. Now Ron Bell on the other hand needs to get his *** seriously beat for his part.
That’s why they are at home while the team is enjoying China. They should have known better.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly none of us need to worry about in season suspensions. Per Ken and NCAA rules, they can’t be suspended for more than 30% of the season. The real problem here could be recruiting sanctions and postseason bans.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Josh and Tad are the most at fault here IMO but hanging out in some rich dude's pool or having some meal at their house is **** that goes on at every school in the country in both football and basketball. The only damning thing I see about CJP in any of this is the alleged envelopes of cash that coincidentally have no proof of anywhere.

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
Josh and Tad are the most at fault here IMO but hanging out in some rich dude's pool or having some meal at their house is **** that goes on at every school in the country in both football and basketball. The only damning thing I see about CJP in any of this is the alleged envelopes of cash that coincidentally have no proof of anywhere.

Just words vs. words now

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
My thread from Twitter on why this is the players fault: I think Ron bell is psycho but the main blame is on Tadric and JO. They are at fault here for ever accepting these benefits. I hate Putting blame on players but this is mostly on them. I understand why they did it, they thought he was trusted by Pastner and was doing The best for them, but it is till mainly their fault. My father played golf at Vanderbilt and was taught that even when someone at McDs Offered to pay for his meal, he was told to deny politely or call a coach to ask. He took compliance courses which were mandatory for Atheletes. This is on them mostly but also on CJP for allowing Ron to be so closely involved.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

This is an excerpt from a very handsome little known blogger on 11/4/17

"Jax and Okogie have to know that you can’t accept anything. Zip, zero, natta. That is in the student athlete handbook. First page, before the “This goes out to UNC, we love you, kisses” dedication page, it says “DON’T ****ING TAKE ANYTHING.”