Player suspensions

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Speaking from experience?

But yeah, that just reads like a fake to me.

Sigh, I feel sorry for the guy. Clearly he has issues. After all this is done, what kind of life does he go back to? Apparently CPast was a big part of his identity.

Independent of the vitriol I feel related to him attacking GT, I can't help but feel sorry for him.

Agreed. He needs to go “woooooo-sah” something.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I don't get why he would throw Markel Crawford under the bus as well. Why possibly get a kid punished that has had a tough life and needs a big final season to help his professional aspirations?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Want a different perspective?

Imagine the NCAA investigates GT going back 8 years, finds a handful of edited papers by a tutor and a failure to enforce a voluntary drug program on maybe 5 student-athletes. Precedent has been set that those violations are considered as a failure to monitor.

At least that's how it went down at Syracuse w/ Boeheim and some folks here said Boeheim and 'Cuse should have been hit harder. The payments to Syracuse players amounted to $8k across football and basketball by some dude at a YMCA.

And the NCAA may not give Pastner an opportunity to be interviewed/respond to the allegations.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
GT and Stansbury are going to have to come out with a statement of more than just we are letting compliance deal with it. This is such BS and I hope Pastner and players learned a valuable lessson. At least the article doesn’t add much damning evidence.

And p.s.: Kenny Anderson needs to stfu
Incredibly disappointed in Kenny Anderson.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
If the pic of JO & TJ in the pool are accurate, the "NCAA" has precedent of viewing that as an impermissible benefit. (see, UNLV 1990. Anderson Hunt and others in hot tub with a booster) That incident didn't involve airfare, staying at the booster's house etc. If Bell provided airfare, ground transport, meals and lodging, it's a clear violation. The question will become whether Tech knew, when they knew, who knew etc.

Bottom line, the guy clearly set this all up with one goal in mind. He has to answer for that. Sadly, it looks like he got Josh & Tadric to accept the favors and that may impact their eligibility. That would massively suck for them, but if they took the favors he alleges, they won't have a leg to stand on.

The whole thing sucks.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
At first, he was probably all, "Ah man, I didn't even say any of that ... oops. {edit}"

The worst part is I was gonna say that I doubt Ron Bell would go watch Iman Shumpert in high school play against Illini recruit Jereme Richmond, but then I remembered that Memphis recruit Angel Garcia was playing in the second game of the showcase doubleheader!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What was the tweet? I think its been deleted because I cant see it anymore.

It was basically a screenshot of a txt conversation between "Ron" and the tweeter with "Ron" saying he's doing all this because he's reckless and doesn't care what happens to the parties involved. Basically him confessing to making it up or w/e.

The worst part is I was gonna say that I doubt Ron Bell would go watch Iman Shumpert in high school play against Illini recruit Jereme Richmond, but then I remembered that Memphis recruit Angel Garcia was playing in the second game of the showcase doubleheader!

We get it, you can use google, Ron. (y)

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I don't get why he would throw Markel Crawford under the bus as well. Why possibly get a kid punished that has had a tough life and needs a big final season to help his professional aspirations?

could be his doing that shows the level of 'hatred' he now has for cjp. he wants to take cpj down at all cost. i dont care if he is lying or not.... to have cpj involved in this is really disappointing.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If the pic of JO & TJ in the pool are accurate, the "NCAA" has precedent of viewing that as an impermissible benefit. (see, UNLV 1990. Anderson Hunt and others in hot tub with a booster) That incident didn't involve airfare, staying at the booster's house etc. If Bell provided airfare, ground transport, meals and lodging, it's a clear violation. The question will become whether Tech knew, when they knew, who knew etc.

Bottom line, the guy clearly set this all up with one goal in mind. He has to answer for that. Sadly, it looks like he got Josh & Tadric to accept the favors and that may impact their eligibility. That would massively suck for them, but if they took the favors he alleges, they won't have a leg to stand on.

The whole thing sucks.
I said the same thing on KQ's board. It has that Fixer Perry/UNLV feel to it. First thing that popped in my head.