Player suspensions

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Hey buddy. I still think you're Ron Bell.

Cool ask me anything related to GT basketball or football over last 27 years and I will be happy to answer :) I used to get my GT updated following Dale McDuffie on Prodigy's college basketball message board

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If your Parrish and you investigate it and find what he found, you can’t not report it. It’s a good story. He also didn’t do **** face any favors in how he portrayed him. I’m thankful for that and see it as a “I’m not saying I’m just saying” type thing from GP

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Well I guess we are finally trying to catch up with the blue bloods of college hoops. Lol. I don't or I should say hope none of this is true but this crazy **** has been backing up everything he's been tweeting. Even if we come out clear on this it still hangs over the program for a little while.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey buddy. I still think you're Ron Bell.

Ooh, are we doing this? Can I post who I think is Ronnie? Granted, it'd be mostly a kind-hearted shot at the guy so maybe I shouldn't. :sneaky:

I really don’t think they’ll miss more time. If anything this helps our case on how this guy is a nut job

At the same time though, the UNCAA folks could be like, "if he was such a nut, why'd you give him access?".

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So outside of the trip to Phoenix, did I miss anything new that hadn't already been reported?

Basically he has no evidence other than his word...Yeah, we should all listen to someone with his credibility.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Saw this story posted on BarStool and I especially loved this piece of the article:

BarStool Story - CBS Reports Crazy Story

But, how much of a piece of **** does Ron Bell have to be to self-report what’s essentially small violations in terms of value over a non-birthday call? Or the fact Pastner took Georgia Tech’s program and operations manger’s side in an argument vs Bell. Or that he didn’t ‘properly compensate’ Bell for the work he did? Mind you Pastner essentially saved Bell’s life – Bell’s own words – during his battle with a prescription drug addiction. The one thing Bell doesn’t realize here is he’s not hurting Pastner, he’s going to end hurting the kids and ruining their college careers depending on how far this goes.

Ron.. If you are reading this through one of your various handles, you are indeed a huge piece of ****!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So outside of the trip to Phoenix, did I miss anything new that hadn't already been reported?

Basically he has no evidence other than his word...Yeah, we should all listen to someone with his credibility.

The benefits to JO and Tad are not in question. GT has admitted to it, and are taking steps to rectify the situation by sitting out JO and Tad until the NCAA doles out their punishment. Everything above that is he-said-he-said

Here's where it may backfire against that guy: There is proof on social media that he is willing to doctor "evidence" (see "attendance" at last home exhibition), and he's also on record via social media that Pastner runs a clean program and isn't willing to compromise it. There is just too much incongruity with that guy to take seriously.

Pastner's rep is pretty clean, and that guy has a troubled history...even more troubling considering his reasons for going to the media. Pretty hard to take that guy's stories seriously.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That could easily be faked

Speaking from experience?

But yeah, that just reads like a fake to me.

Sigh, I feel sorry for the guy. Clearly he has issues. After all this is done, what kind of life does he go back to? Apparently CPast was a big part of his identity.

Independent of the vitriol I feel related to him attacking GT, I can't help but feel sorry for him.