Player suspensions

slugboy

Staff member
If they’re late, I hope it’s because they’re checking their work. With compliance, I’d rather they get it right. Bobinski messed up a couple of times, and it cost us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Why are there "football guys" and basketball guys? We are all fans of Tech sports, no need for nuanced division. Other than than, I appreciate your insight into the program.
I suppose I fit into his definition of football vs basketball fan. I’m a GT fan that will go to the football board regularly even during off-season, I vary rarely visit the basketball board until right before the season unless we’re changing coaches or a big recruit is on the horizon, baseball is even rarer, then there’s golf & lacrosse.

I have no idea if any GT athlete actually did anything, but I know they go to class & take real classes even though GT’s arcane handbook system may make it hard to determine if you took the precise classes required; I know relatives giving GT athletes clothing has resulted in more severe punishment than UNC got for falsifying academics, Miami got for boats & hoes, Louisville got for hookers & booze, the whole SEC or USCw got for handing out big bags of cash, etc.

I have seen all-American GT athletes in my classes, they sat near me & took the same damn tests I did, etc. Maybe they had better Word than I had and had better tutoring, but there’s no denying they went to class and competed academically at a high level. NCAA can suck on my root. They need to take the C out of their name and call themselves what they are.

As far as being .69 of a fan because I can’t follow everything all the time I’m thankful I have a place to go where people actually follow every detail of every sport & give their insights/opinions so guys like me are a wee bit smarter on some of this crap than we’d otherwise be.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As of right now, at least one game, possibly more.
Are the suspensions being made subject to their eligibility? If so, we will have to wait for the NCAA to clear them to play. If the suspensions are internal, the GTAA determines when they return based on policy.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I'm not specifically making any judgment on what our SA's did or did not do in this particular case.

However, if any of our opponents found some of its SAs guilty enough of something to punish them publicly... and that public punishment was to suspend them for 'exhibition' games only, would we consider that a 'nothing punishment'? We'll see what happens; but making a public statement about broken rules and suspensions that result in the SA making the critical season opener will not look too good IMO.
Grayson Allen, unc....enough said. Exhibition should be plenty.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Are the suspensions being made subject to their eligibility? If so, we will have to wait for the NCAA to clear them to play. If the suspensions are internal, the GTAA determines when they return based on policy.
It has been self reported to the NCAA. We appear to be waiting on them.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
This may be on here already, but one that joker's twitter pages (cbbrules&enforcements) says that GT will have an interim coach at the beginning of the season. Jumpman, is CJP in trouble too or just players?

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
This may be on here already, but one that joker's twitter pages (cbbrules&enforcements) says that GT will have an interim coach at the beginning of the season. Jumpman, is CJP in trouble too or just players?
There are no coaches or staff members of the program in trouble. They have no involvement in this incident or any other that I am aware of.