Player suspensions

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The guy probably needs help and counseling. This isn't the behavior of a guy who's got his head together.
I would view this as "get rid of anything from this guy and direct him to the help he needs" and detach from this guy, and I hope the NCAA looks at it the same way.

Yes, but @connell62 is a member of this forum and deserves patience and respect.

crut

Helluva Engineer
A couple questions to clear up:

1. "They" will not be playing Saturday. "They" is Okogie and Moore?
2. Why was this guy upset about that b-day T-shirt?

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
A couple questions to clear up:

1. "They" will not be playing Saturday. "They" is Okogie and Moore?
2. Why was this guy upset about that b-day T-shirt?

1. Josh O and Tadric
2. It’s way more than just the t-shirts.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m guessing an afternoon announcement time similar to when the Mills news broke. Fingers still crossed our internal punishment, payback and just missing the 2 exhibition games is enough. If it goes beyond that I don’t think it will be much more and nothing long term.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not specifically making any judgment on what our SA's did or did not do in this particular case.

However, if any of our opponents found some of its SAs guilty enough of something to punish them publicly... and that public punishment was to suspend them for 'exhibition' games only, would we consider that a 'nothing punishment'? We'll see what happens; but making a public statement about broken rules and suspensions that result in the SA making the critical season opener will not look too good IMO.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not specifically making any judgment on what our SA's did or did not do in this particular case.

However, if any of our opponents found some of its SAs guilty enough of something to punish them publicly... and that public punishment was to suspend them for 'exhibition' games only, would we consider that a 'nothing punishment'? We'll see what happens; but making a public statement about broken rules and suspensions that result in the SA making the critical season opener will not look too good IMO.

So we should look good suspending our players longer because the people on this board & others complain about what a joke other suspensions have been at other schools? Like how football players might be facing a preseason suspension at other schools, but conveniently, they serve it 3rd week of the season against Prairie View A&M?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
So we should look good suspending our players longer because the people on this board & others complain about what a joke other suspensions have been at other schools? Like how football players might be facing a preseason suspension at other schools, but conveniently, they serve it 3rd week of the season against Prairie View A&M?
Short answer... YES. I want to look better that everyone else.