Player suspensions

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why, Kenny?

Kenny Anderson, a Georgia Tech alum and the No. 2 overall pick of the 1991 NBA Draft, has become friends with Bell over the past year after realizing he played AAU basketball for Bell's uncle in the 1980s. He told CBS Sports on Monday he has no knowledge of what Bell or Pastner did or did not do. But when asked if he believed Bell would make up stories to falsely incriminate Pastner, he said, "I don't think so. And you can quote me on that. I don't think so."

ETA: Anybody confirm whether or not this Bell guy has committed a crime here? Does this not fall under the anti-agent stuff the UGA folks put on the books a while back?

ETA: And why do these Memphis folks like Parrish still have the hots for Pastner anyways?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So the obvious question here is, why?

Why would Bell turn on Pastner -- the man he once described as a brother, the man he many times said saved his life -- in such a vindictive and public way? Asked that question several times, Bell explained it in a variety of ways. He said he feels Pastner has failed to compensate him properly for the "work" he's done. He said Pastner didn't call him on his birthday this year, which is something he interpreted as disrespectful. He said he has for a while had a bad relationship with Georgia Tech's program and operations manager, Ellie Cantkier, and that when the two had a disagreement recently he felt Pastner "took her side."

"I just started to realize he's not a friend," Bell said. "I told him 'I hold your career in my hands. You're going to show me respect.' ... I said, 'I've been protecting you for two years. And if you don't watch yourself, if I start self-reporting, you're going to be coaching high school basketball.' And he said, 'Are you threatening me?' And I remember it like it was yesterday. I said, 'Josh, I don't make threats. Everything I say I'm going to do, I do it.'"

Wow...the depths of this guys mind in trying to rationalize his actions. Man. Pastner doesn't look great, but more so in the fact that he would let someone with this mindset close to any program and threaten his livelihood and the eligibility of his players.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
GT and Stansbury are going to have to come out with a statement of more than just we are letting compliance deal with it. This is such BS and I hope Pastner and players learned a valuable lessson. At least the article doesn’t add much damning evidence.

And p.s.: Kenny Anderson needs to stfu

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Why the hell would Kenny Anderson be on this guys side?

Kenny felt entitled to an assistant coaching job with CJP was hired. CJP was diplomatic but declined for obvious reasons. Kenny is on Twitter constantly, so he's bonded online with this whack job.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Question: Does hanging out at some guy's house represent an impermissable benefit? He has photos of Tad and Okogie chilling in the pool at his house. Is that an infraction?

I'm asking, because I know a lot of UGA football players hang out and go boating on Lake Burton during the summer at a certain lakehouse. I can tell you, it's not a house of a parent or a coach. It's been going on for decades now.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kenny felt entitled to an assistant coaching job with CJP was hired. CJP was diplomatic but declined for obvious reasons. Kenny is on Twitter constantly, so he's bonded online with this whack job.

Isn't Jon Brown, the walk on, Kenny's nephew? Awkward...

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Question: Does hanging out at some guy's house represent an impermissable benefit? He has photos of Tad and Okogie chilling in the pool at his house. Is that an infraction?

I'm asking, because I know a lot of UGA football players hang out and go boating on Lake Burton during the summer at a certain lakehouse. I can tell you, it's not a house of a parent or a coach. It's been going on for decades now.

I'm not sure if that is, but it sounds he's trying to get them in trouble for the plane ticket cost to Arizona.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Also, from the article, the guy is KA's former AAU coach's nephew or something.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
The fact that he mentioned his bad relationship with Ellie Cantkier is comical - sounds like she was the one within the program who sniffed this guy out for who he is, and the fact that he thinks that anyone views his "relationship" with her as relevant points exactly to where his head is.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is awesome, this makes our case look so much better. The guy is nuts and he just exposed himself. He felt disrespected because he didn't get a birthday call? Yeah, I remember being 8 years old too. The NCAA should look at this and just throw out the case.

I legit lol'd.

Honestly, unless CPast is just some diabolical, pathological liar, sounds like he probably got in over his head with a legit nutjob then tried to slowly break it off when he got to GT?