Pitt Postgame

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I totally understand and also feel the pain from this loss, but some of yall are freaking insane. On a day when our strarting QB couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn and our run game got shut down we were going ahead to tie the game in the 4th quarter until the LJ fumble. People who can’t see the progress this team is making just don’t want to see it and nothing is going to change your minds apparently. There’s no quit in our team, i wish the same were true of our fans.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Johnson had the crap knocked out of him on the dreaded fumble at the goal line. The defender was shot out of a cannon and laid the wood on him. Ball protection is a must in that situation and we failed. Plain and simple. Different circumstances could have resulted in a different outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our best offensive player is Mason. Why does Lucas carry the ball on the biggest play of the game?[/QUOTE]

LJ made the correct read on that play

Last edited:

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Lucas throwing but I hate him running. He goes down way too easily and has zero vision. We should have broken the huddle with TO on that play and snapped before Pitt had a clue who was back there. He was already on the field, it would have been an easy switch. Even his naysayers recognize his ability as a wildcat qb.
But TO can't run a Pro Style offense! ;)

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Lucas throwing but I hate him running. He goes down way too easily and has zero vision. We should have broken the huddle with TO on that play and snapped before Pitt had a clue who was back there. He was already on the field, it would have been an easy switch. Even his naysayers recognize his ability as a wildcat qb.
He is less elusive when pressured, but I’ve seen him run well once he gets going. He was close to scoring on that play, and let’s not forget TO had his own goal line fumble, followed by another fumble this year. With our current protection, he might not be our best option, but given decent blocking, he could be.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
OL injuries killed us.....BUT....Our quarterback play has been atrocious.... if Tyler Yates can only get one meaningless snap in this "Nightmare on Techwood" season, then he must not be as good as he projected coming out of Milton.. In fact, he should enter transfer portal, as Geoff obviously believes Graham and Lucas are the future for GT...and, if that is so, we are dead...
Maybe he’s just not ready yet? Do you honestly think that if he was practicing better than Graham and Johnson that the Coaches wouldn’t play him? There’s got to be a very good reason why he’s not seeing the field, and it’s not retarted coaches i’m betting.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I just find it comical this entire board was screaming Graham should be the starter and now he sucks and yates is the guy...im glad you guys aren't the head coach. We would have 12 different starting qbs and a new offensive system after every loss

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he’s just not ready yet? Do you honestly think that if he was practicing better than Graham and Johnson that the Coaches wouldn’t play him? There’s got to be a very good reason why he’s not seeing the field, and it’s not retarted coaches i’m betting.
I wonder how many snaps he’s getting at practice. JG needs all of them if he’s our starter.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
I just find it comical this entire board was screaming Graham should be the starter and now he sucks and yates is the guy...im glad you guys aren't the head coach. We would have 12 different starting qbs and a new offensive system after every loss

They said the same thing about Lucas Johnson until he started against USF and Citidal.

Deleted member 2897

Well for y’all who don’t care for LJ, you got your wish. He got hurt again and knocked out of the game. So did Antwan Owens. I’m worried we’ll learn of a few more end of season injuries.

On the bright side, we have up 61 yards of offense to Pitt after half time. That’s amazing.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
They said the same thing about Lucas Johnson until he started against USF and Citidal.

I'm not the biggest fan of coach P but it takes time. Look at Scott frost first year at Nebraska. What was he 2-10? Bronco at UVA inherited a team that recruited top 30 and also went 2-10 his first year

GT_EE78

Banned
two or more QB's in the huddle does offer interesting opportunities, even a jet sweep to TO with a pass option could create big plays. I'm dissappointed this hasn't been used.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It would have been a nice change of pace to try this......

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I keep hearing that P'nut wants a taller QB. I have no idea if that is true, Graham is listed at 6'1" Yates is listed at 6'0 not much difference. But was not Gleason the QB that CGC wanted listed at 6"1" or 6'2" ?

Deleted member 2897

That was a really disappointing game yesterday i thought that GT was starting to turn the corner. I guess 2-3 wins will be all this team is currently capable of.

Well remember our offense only scored 7 points in regulation against Miami.

And technically still our entire schedule of 12 opponents could all get bowl games this year. The Citadel won their 7th game yesterday. South Florida has since beat UConn, BYU, and East Carolina. We really don’t have any place on our schedule this year or next year to hide.