Pitt Postgame

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I keep hearing that P'nut wants a taller QB. I have no idea if that is true, Graham is listed at 6'1" Yates is listed at 6'0 not much difference. But was not Gleason the QB that CGC wanted listed at 6"1" or 6'2" ?
I'm still on the idea we go after gatewood the way P-Nut makes it seem like he want's his offense ran then gatewood would be the guy no doubt I mean he's 6'5 around 235

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The offense has a long,long way to go

Jeez - the whole team has a long, long way to go.

The point is we are now dedicated to “getting there” by being great in all 3 phases of the game and by recruiting better at every position. And recruiting the big boys.

Any that were delusional enough to think that would happen this year after not recruiting enough numbers of OL & DL for a decade and not recruiting a true QB should give up any notion of reason.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Nobody here knows either way.
If he’s our starter next year & you think there’s discontent on this board now, Katie bar the door. Oh forgot, we don’t have starters only guys that play the first play because we sometimes like to play the 2nd best guys at the beginning of the game. He’ll beat out Byrne, but not Graham or Johnson. Have not seen enough of Yates lately to have any idea what he’s turning into. The critical 2pt conversion he was brought in for didn’t work out so hot.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If you are posting on a message board I assume you care about and follow the GT FB program. If you do, you realize our coaches have no idea who to play at QB this year because we do not have a true Power 5 QB on the roster. To their credit they are giving every QB a chance to prove something. Graham is the only one who has shown us something. If Gleason enrolls early he will be the starter from day 1 next year. No other QB was recruited by Collins or Key. Collins won’t say it nor should he say it but if you listen to his actions you know what is happening.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
If you are posting on a message board I assume you care about and follow the GT FB program. If you do, you realize our coaches have no idea who to play at QB this year because we do not have a true Power 5 QB on the roster. To their credit they are giving every QB a chance to prove something. Graham is the only one who has shown us something. If Gleason enrolls early he will be the starter from day 1 next year. No other QB was recruited by Collins or Key. Collins won’t say it nor should he say it but if you listen to his actions you know what is happening.
I think there's a good chance that Jordan Yates winds up transferring

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
If this is truly a rebuild, which I don’t think it had to be, then why take JG out of the game ? Players need adversity to improve. You learn from failure.

I think CGC’s was trying to win yesterday and he himself lost focus of what he has been telling us everyday. He has played every QB this year as we went crazy yelling for just one ( I wanted LJ). Changing QBS because he played poorly prevents him from learning how to win on off days and it points to him as the reason we were losing. I saw a couple of dropped balls, poor blocking and poor play calls. Does everyone take a seat ? If he followed the same logic for the rest of the team he would have had to pull the entire fist string, I mean he would have put those who weren’t ATL in and sit those who were.

If this is a rebuild then stick with whoever your QB is

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Lights out the last two games in the second half. A 2nd half shutout at Miami followed by a 3 point second half against Pitt. The defense is coming on strong.
Not just second half. They turned Pitt over three times in first half. Great showing by defense.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm wondering why targeting wasn't called. Lucas was lying motionless for several seconds after he was hit and the player that hit him was shaken up on the play too. From my vantage point in the stands, it seemed like Lucas was going to score until he was knocked out. The only replays I have found don't really show a good angle to see the hit.

Not sure targeting is a penalty for a runner between the tackles. LJ was essentially a RB on that play.

Deleted member 2897

Yeah. We need a good kicker. Someone who doesn’t miss. Someone who has never missed a FG in their career. Anyone know where we can find one?

Even someone that’s 50/50 would be acceptable. Even more, I’m not sure we can reach the end zone on a kickoff. But yea, we had Mr. Ice until we screwed with him.