Pitt Postgame

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
[but keep red shirt QUOTE="GT Chillin' It, post: 652405, member: 1516"]Not sure if it was shown on tv but Lucas was limping off the field after the fumble. Coach pretty much had to put Graham back in. With 4 games remaining I wouldn’t mind seeing what Yates can offer.
but keep red shirt.[/QUOTE]

Lucas Johnson had the crap knocked out of him on the dreaded fumble at the goal line. The defender was shot out of a cannon and laid the wood on him. Ball protection is a must in that situation and we failed. Plain and simple. Different circumstances could have resulted in a different outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Good Fellow
but keep red shirt.

Lucas Johnson had the crap knocked out of him on the dreaded fumble at the goal line. The defender was shot out of a cannon and laid the wood on him. Ball protection is a must in that situation and we failed. Plain and simple. Different circumstances could have resulted in a different outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Our best offensive player is Mason. Why does Lucas carry the ball on the biggest play of the game?

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Your defense played fine you don't want to demoralize the only unit that played good. They have Pride and like the offense show Improvement and play till the end.
Agreed. And giving up a garbage time score from ten yards away wouldn’t change that.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Because if Geoff believes Yates isn't a better option at QB for us NOW over Graham and Lucas, then he must not be in our future plans....because our QB play is horrible...
I think this just shows how difficult it is to transition from being a high school state champion QB to a starting college QB. Also his redshirt is still in play. I'm pretty sure that combined with our W-L record and having 3 healthy options at that position is gonna keep Yates on the sideline until the last 2 or 3 games of the season

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think this just shows how difficult it is to transition from being a high school state champion QB to a starting college QB. Also his redshirt is still in play. I'm pretty sure that combined with our W-L record and having 3 healthy options at that position is gonna keep Yates on the sideline until the last 2 or 3 games of the season
With this OL I would not play him this year?

Milwaukee

Banned
We can look outplayed, and outcoached offensively, and defensively, I can accept that. What I can’t accept is two illegal substitutions in back to back series. That is poor coaching, and makes Collins look like a clown while he’s trying to wave at the crowd to hype us up. Quit worrying about crowd participation and start paying attention to what you’re hired to do for the next 7 years. Unacceptable.

Animal02

Banned
I think a lot more people, while they are feeling the pain of this season, are starting to realize that this is a season where we'll have to find successes in more places than just the final score. These post game threads after losses this season are normally at 20 pages by now. Which is, in itself, another success. Keep getting better!!(y)
Now that is comical spin.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Banged up....that’s an understatement. He had the shat knocked out of him on that play. It happened in front of me and it appeared the Pitt defender that made the hit was shot out of a cannon. You gotta protect the ball and we didn’t on that play. As badly as things appeared, we had a chance to tie the game up and things could have ended differently. We ran 20 less plays than them and were still in the game at the point of the fumble. We are playing better, so keep supporting your Jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm wondering why targeting wasn't called. Lucas was lying motionless for several seconds after he was hit and the player that hit him was shaken up on the play too. From my vantage point in the stands, it seemed like Lucas was going to score until he was knocked out. The only replays I have found don't really show a good angle to see the hit.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Thought playcalling was solid again but execution was the worst all season
Pretty awesome to see after a BYE week, don’t you think?

I said it a after the Miami game. If we score 7 points on offense we won’t win. Well, 10 ain’t gonna do it either. I’m trying to wrap my head around how we get three turnovers and a blocked punt and only score 10 points. I saw it earlier and I think it may be true that this could be the worst offense we’ve ever had in the modern era. I’ll go past modern era...maybe since the 30’s or so.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Why would you expect Yates to portal out? Hell, he just got here.
I have heard some good things about Yates and think he will be in the mix next year for our starter at QB. I question whether he should play this year due to the problems we have on the OL which could affect his confidence level and set him back. With our injuries on the OL and lack of experience with the new scheme, best plan to me is to work really hard to get another win or 2 this year and plan for the future, as coach is doing.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty awesome to see after a BYE week, don’t you think?

I said it a after the Miami game. If we score 7 points on offense we won’t win. Well, 10 ain’t gonna do it either. I’m trying to wrap my head around how we get three turnovers and a blocked punt and only score 10 points. I saw it earlier and I think it may be true that this could be the worst offense we’ve ever had in the modern era. I’ll go past modern era...maybe since the 30’s or so.
You must not remember the Pat Nix offense that scored 6 points to lose an ACC championship with Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice on the team.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I was happy to see Lucas Johnson get some time, as much as that goal line fumble sucked. My take on LJ is that he looks less able to maintain composure when the OL is getting beat regularly than JG, but he might be our best passer. He looks more like a real QB who can confidently make a variety of throws when he has more than 2 seconds to get the ball out. He might be slightly less athletic than JG, but has shown more than enough athleticism in past spring games. If this coaching staff can get the protection to a reasonable level, I think LJ might end up being our best option. With our current protection, it’s difficult to judge any of the QBs, but JG just doesn’t look very comfortable throwing anything other than the deep ball. Although I can think of a few times when our receivers have dropped a few well thrown medium distance out routes.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You must not remember the Pat Nix offense that scored 6 points to lose an ACC championship with Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice on the team.
That team scored over 30 seven times that year. You picked one game. Look at our entire season this year and tell how good we are on offense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was happy to see Lucas Johnson get some time, as much as that goal line fumble sucked. My take on LJ is that he looks less able to maintain composure when the OL is getting beat regularly than JG, but he might be our best passer. He looks more like a real QB who can confidently make a variety of throws when he has more than 2 seconds to get the ball out. He might be slightly less athletic than JG, but has shown more than enough athleticism in past spring games. If this coaching staff can get the protection to a reasonable level, I think LJ might end up being our best option. With our current protection, it’s difficult to judge any of the QBs, but JG just doesn’t look very comfortable throwing anything other than the deep ball. Although I can think of a few times when our receivers have dropped a few well thrown medium distance out routes.
I like Lucas throwing but I hate him running. He goes down way too easily and has zero vision. We should have broken the huddle with TO on that play and snapped before Pitt had a clue who was back there. He was already on the field, it would have been an easy switch. Even his naysayers recognize his ability as a wildcat qb.