Pitt Postgame

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Run pass ratio was 70/30 and was getting stuffed. The Crack attempted to get the ball out quickly vs Our porous OL. Didn’t help that Graham didn’t execute or guys Carter dropped the one pass that was on the money. I’m not sure what more do you want

He wants the option back.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is far from a nightmare season. 2015 we won 1 ACC game. It was glorious, but winning 1 conference game in year 8 was way worse than this year. I think we’ll win 3 conference games this year.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
2 for 13 third down conversions is really bad but most of that problem comes from pathetic execution on first down. We are forever in 2nd and 9 to 15 as a result of a flop on first down. Then our OC calls the predictable one yard gain up the middle on second down and we get in the usual third and long. We need to get much better and consistent gains on first down and do something better on second and long. This O is really hard to watch as only about one out of five plays are a "success". Throwing does not seem to be in our DNA with these players.

I like a lot of what the coaches are doing to transition the program on all days but game day. It seems they are still very much in the learning mode on game day. Examples: 2 penalties for 12 men on the field, TE lined up as a wide receiver time and time again on third and long (passing down) and they are too slow to get any separation from a wide out position., second and goal from the 4 yard line and we throw on second down (and waste a down) and then run Johnson (our worst choice) on third down. If we run on third down for 4 yards why not run on second down and give ourselves an extra down to get in? (we could Oliver the ball in from the 4 with 3 chances 19 times out of 20!), coaches are still confused about who our place kicker should be. In spite of the terrible blocking and execution overall and a QB having a really bad day we had a chance but the coaches failed us IMO when there was an opportunity.

Graham seems fixated on throwing to Brown way too much. Brown is great on the bombs but too easy to tackle and too small to find on the short throws short of the first down sticks. Carter, Oliver, and Sanders need more touches.

Not a single option pitch outside today or screen pass or reverse, but I am happy doing without the swinging gate. This O is hard to watch.

Congrats to the players for their hard play and no quit. Better coaching would have gotten us at 17 all and a 20-17 lead with a good very makeable field goal earlier.

I really miss success on most downs and great stats in the red zone for scoring when we got close. I do believe this O scheme/OC play caller can only get us there if we get an elete QB and I am not holding my breath.

The O improvement I see is with the center snaps in the gun. I had hoped and expected more. We do not always get the best players on the field on crucial plays and do not get the ball in their hands enough. I see this as a game day coaching learning/failure. The Brown/Graham game is beginning to look too much like the Johnson QB/BB game.

I believe our problems on D are lack of pass rush, D line size and ability, and below par LB play and can be fixed with recruiting and a little more game day coaching experience.

I see a long time to get this O fixed and I will stick it out at BDS, but it is really hard to watch this O knowing we can do better..

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
For those talking about Collins and a hot seat I can only assume you don’t follow GT football that closely. Even if you can’t stand him you should at least realize our AD is the one who hired him and not only that he was given a 7 year contract. What in the world makes you think this same AD would put him on the hot seat before 2025? Seriously now. We are about to have one of our highest ranked classes in a long time and some of you are thinking hot seat? If anything I could see an extension when Collins brings in a top 25 class in 2021. Wins and losses do not matter right now for Collins just like they didn’t for Johnson. If they did our last coach would have been gone after 2015 after winning 1 ACC game in year 8.

Many of you just don’t realize the positive things taking place. I’m down here in Albany and the in roads Collins is making in this area is awesome. After only 9 months on the job Collins has turned our reputation around and players are actually talking about GT. I’m the first to say the public schools down here aren’t good, but they’re are some gems who could make it at GT (remember guys like Shaun Jones and Joe Burns from Thomasville or a Daryl Smith from Albany. I know some players at Lee County and some dads at Lowndes and Colquitt and GT is now a player for these kids. UGA can only take so many and FSU who poaches this area is a true dumpster fire and Collins will take advantage of that.
Hey, Geoff. Maybe put down the phone and get some rest.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Gleason is the future. I expect Tobias, Johnson, and possibly Yates to portal out. Collins isn’t moving forward with short questionable throwing QB’s. He tried to give it to Johnson but right now the only option is Graham.

Why would you expect Yates to portal out? Hell, he just got here.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Why is after ever loss I keep hearing they showed us something we haven’t seen before? I will say I don’t think he said anything about the biggest transformation in the last 50 years during post game pc.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We played worse at home on Homecoming after two weeks rest than we did on the road at Miami. So much improving week to week.

Counter-intuitive, but I don't think it helps to have a week off. It just makes you rusty. In fact I remember someone doing so research on that and found that over the last ten or so years we actually have a pretty poor record after a week off.

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would you expect Yates to portal out? Hell, he just got here.
Because if Geoff believes Yates isn't a better option at QB for us NOW over Graham and Lucas, then he must not be in our future plans....because our QB play is horrible...

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot more people, while they are feeling the pain of this season, are starting to realize that this is a season where we'll have to find successes in more places than just the final score. These post game threads after losses this season are normally at 20 pages by now. Which is, in itself, another success. Keep getting better!!(y)