Pitt Postgame

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Braun transferred, Morgan out of football altogether for back problems. Cooper our for the year. Lee out for the year. Hansen missed games due to injury, so did Minihan I think. We already had problems on Ol, but of all teams we certainly are going to struggle playing multiple walkons and guys like #10-13 on our own team.

...and Marshall graduated. We replaced all those with one transfer who was a backup at Vanderbilt (no incoming signees). What could anybody expect?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
We can look outplayed, and outcoached offensively, and defensively, I can accept that. What I can’t accept is two illegal substitutions in back to back series. That is poor coaching, and makes Collins look like a clown while he’s trying to wave at the crowd to hype us up. Quit worrying about crowd participation and start paying attention to what you’re hired to do for the next 7 years. Unacceptable.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
your defense gave up a total of 30 yds until then. You kick and get a stop with your timeouts
So even if you get a three and out and call your remaining timeouts, a punt probably pins you inside the 20 with no timeouts 3:30 left down two possessions. I'm sorry, but that's just a terrible formula for trying to win a game. If it's a one possession game, it's more defensible, but it makes no sense in the situation that was presented.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry if I missed it if it was already posted, but I think Antwan Owens was on crutches at the end of the game. Sigh.

Deleted member 2897

Did he mention that this is the biggest offensive transformation in 1000 years ? I’m tired of hearing that

I mean the unfortunate irony is that yes he’s correct - but our offense has almost always been extremely good. It would be a different story if he was taking over one like ours this year. The irony is interesting.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
A few did. Most didn't before the O-line injuries. Still waiting for someone to reveal the offensive game plan that requires no blocking.
Yeah, I think the line was really predictable, even without the injuries. We have no tackles on our roster, so it makes hard to pass without holding a back or TE to block or chip. That screws with the numbers in the pass game. Add to that the fact that we are using different techniques, and we were almost certainly going to struggle. The issue is that even when we do block, we can’t get it done. There were a few plays in the first half that should have gone for 20+ and we ended up with, like, seven yard gains.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
CGC is now 17-16 so far in only his third year as a head football coach. But he is learning a lot and gaining invaluable knowledge and experience every day, especially at an institute like Georgia Tech. Let’s see what he can do with four more years of additional recruiting and coaching.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
CGC is now 17-16 so far in only his third year as a head football coach. But he is learning a lot and gaining invaluable knowledge and experience every day, especially at an institute like Georgia Tech. Let’s see what he can do with four more years of additional recruiting and coaching.
But can he pass Calculus I?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The CGC approach and style fans will continue to say that this season (to some degree, even losing to the Citadel) was to be expected, while many of us who are still skeptical of CGC will say that if the offense had been molded to fit what we had, we might could have won 5-7 games. I think the wild card though, even for the skeptics like me, is the unbelievable lack of fortune with all of the O line players. If you told me we would lose Braun and then another 4 guys to injuries, I would have told you 4 wins would be big. With that said, I never dreamed the O would look this impotent. I still believe that P-nut must think out of the box, and I really don't see any out of the box thinking. I for sure don't see any identity to the O. I thought we had learned that QB under center more was a good way to establish the run in the Miami game, but then today, I really saw basically none of that.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Setting the performance of the team aside, we were down two two scores and the game was unlikely to be won but not over when we punted with a little under 5:00 to go. I would love to know the reasoning behind that.
We had 2 timeouts and rather than giving them a touchdown or at the least an automatic field goal, you punt. I didn't like it, but with where we were, I think Collins had to. You hope the defense gets them 3 & out and then you have 3 minutes to score twice.