Pitt Postgame

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what happened to Graham today. He looked better in his first start than he did today. But it is just one game. Too soon to say he might not be good eventually.

I think to make the rest of the games more competitive we need to be awarded a point for every first down.

From what I've heard, Pitt has a really good defense. So, a poor offense with a first year QB looking worse than they have in other games is not a surprise to me. Disappointing, yes. A surprise, no.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry, he was a player who had all the skills of a WR and none of a QB playing at the QB position. Didn't think I had to spell that out for you.

And yes, the fact that we don't have a good actual QB on roster was one of the many reasons this year was going to suck. Graham might develop into a good QB with experience as a lot of the issues he has shown is common with young QBs forced to play before they are ready.

Well when your logic is "he was a WR even though he's never played the position or caught a pass before," you might want to provide a better argument there, Sherlock. Graham could develop, but he has showed very little promise. Apologies if I refuse to buy in on a 43% completion percentage and a 3-13 day when Lucas Johnson came off the bench and went 5-8 after not playing for over a month. Good day to you, sir.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I can't believe we don't see TO shift into the wildcat or a throwback to JG. This is a very unimaginative offense. They talk about him being elite - well get him the ball . Where was our TE today. Is he just a decoy. I admit we do not have a OL side or dominant player that we can run behind. I haven't really seen elite on this team all year. I have seen some good players at times and a lot of effort but we are very shorthanded to run this offense the way they want to run it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I can't believe we don't see TO shift into the wildcat or a throwback to JG. This is a very unimaginative offense. They talk about him being elite - well get him the ball . Where was our TE today. Is he just a decoy. I admit we do not have a OL side or dominant player that we can run behind. I haven't really seen elite on this team all year. I have seen some good players at times and a lot of effort but we are very shorthanded to run this offense the way they want to run it.

Trick plays are a progression. You have to do this in order for X to work. If you want to run reverses you better be running playside plays Wells that the defense are over pursuing

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Setting the performance of the team aside, we were down two two scores and the game was unlikely to be won but not over when we punted with a little under 5:00 to go. I would love to know the reasoning behind that.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I was disappointed today to not feel like we had any identity in offense. I know we have been struggling all year to define a set sir okays we like on O but it just felt like we were throwing okays against the walk to see what popped.

I’m probably not mature enough in my understanding of the concepts CDP is running but it just looks garbled to me. Sad to see this kind of loss on homecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was disappointed today to not feel like we had any identity in offense. I know we have been struggling all year to define a set sir okays we like on O but it just felt like we were throwing okays against the walk to see what popped.

I’m probably not mature enough in my understanding of the concepts CDP is running but it just looks garbled to me. Sad to see this kind of loss on homecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any offense will look garbled with this kind of offensive line. The guys are trying, but they just can't block.

Deleted member 2897

Braun transferred, Morgan out of football altogether for back problems. Cooper our for the year. Lee out for the year. Hansen missed games due to injury, so did Minihan I think. We already had problems on Ol, but of all teams we certainly are going to struggle playing multiple walkons and guys like #10-13 on our own team.

Animal02

Banned
I’m just waiting to see if Animal will show up the week

Horrible game by Graham

Still playing segmented football

Thought playcalling was solid again but execution was the worst all season
Haven't been able to watch or listen to the last two games, so really could not comment....but glad you are thinking of me. ;). Not to mention a couple of mods going all in on the hat with no cattle.