Pitt Postgame

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
The refusal to take Graham out is pretty scary. I'm sorry, but he shouldn't be taking any more snaps. He can't hit the easy passes and his decision making is just flat out bad. He gives the offense absolutely no chance. I know Tobias isn't the QB going forward, but with athleticism and the fact that he's no worse passer than Graham, why is not getting reps?

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
The refusal to take Graham out is pretty scary. I'm sorry, but he shouldn't be taking any more snaps. He can't hit the easy passes and his decision making is just flat out bad. He gives the offense absolutely no chance. I know Tobias isn't the QB going forward, but with athleticism and the fact that he's no worse passer than Graham, why is not getting reps?

Overreaction.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
It comes down to offensive and defensive lines. It’s all about recruiting. That we aren’t getting blown out by ACC teams shows we are on the right track. By 2021 teams like Pitt won’t touch us.
I would agree with you, but at this point, I don't see us ever making the transition and improvement with Coach P. He is sporadic, indecisive, and a very singular play caller.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree on Oliver. I was high on Graham but as the season has worn on he hasn’t shown much besides being able to hit the deep ball occasionally. Can’t hit anything under 20 yards. I don’t think there’s a good option at QB unfortunately.

Deleted member 2897

What hursts too is not just losing, but doing even worse than what the naysayers predict. We’re like 1-7 against the spread this year.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
The idea that a WR should be playing QB.
You realize he wasn't playing WR until a few games ago, right? He's exactly the same type of player Graham is except a better runner and looking at Graham's passing stats, it' tough to believe he'd be a worse passer going forward.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Looking at the team stats, the wonder is that it was not worse. Three turnovers and a blocked punt and all we can get is 10 points? We had less than 200 yards total offense combined with going 2 for 13 on third down. This offense may end up being historically bad for the modern era. I do not see another win remaining unless something is done about the offense.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You realize he wasn't playing WR until a few games ago, right? He's exactly the same type of player Graham is except a better runner and looking at Graham's passing stats, it' tough to believe he'd be a worse passer going forward.

And he was a WR playing QB then. The right move was having him move to WR in the spring instead of waiting until 4 games in.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t Graham’s day, but when they rush 4 and 2 get through, you could have Hamilton back there and go backwards.
Lucas had a good drive going before the fumble, and a great call by Patenaude that should have worked for a TD. I was critical of pulling Graham, but the last two drives might have proved me wrong.
Defense played well overall.

Missed a makeable FG which can’t happen with an offense that struggles. Any points are good points.

Good Virginia team next week, who has a good front 7 as well. Need to see the defense play well again and hope to steal a low scoring game.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
the only person on this team recruited to be a P5 QB was Yates. You have to remember that. I think some people got suckered in by the spring game or something but it was always going to be a rough year at that position and there was no point in wasting a year of yates throwing him to the dogs