Pitt Postgame

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
From just watching the game I was impressed with our defense. Pitt is typically well coached and disciplined. To force them to make errors and turn it over is pretty good.

I didn’t think going in that we were consistent enough on offense to win the game. I don’t fault Graham. He is going to have games like this as young as he is.

Game day coaching decisions still baffle me at times, but the kids are still playing hard. On to the next one.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We can look outplayed, and outcoached offensively, and defensively, I can accept that. What I can’t accept is two illegal substitutions in back to back series. That is poor coaching, and makes Collins look like a clown while he’s trying to wave at the crowd to hype us up. Quit worrying about crowd participation and start paying attention to what you’re hired to do for the next 7 years. Unacceptable.
One was unacceptable, but on the other one Pitt substituted and the Center judge didn't stay over the ball. I about threw the remote through the TV and Collins was pissed too.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
People get so wild after games. Remember last week people were engaging in the how can we win the ACC talk. Be patient. We are what we are right now.

You are right. When I saw more than 50% of our board predicting a GT win, I was like, "did they believe something magic had happened with our offense?" It is amazing how many people speak and make picks based on their "heart" instead of their mind.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We can look outplayed, and outcoached offensively, and defensively, I can accept that. What I can’t accept is two illegal substitutions in back to back series. That is poor coaching, and makes Collins look like a clown while he’s trying to wave at the crowd to hype us up. Quit worrying about crowd participation and start paying attention to what you’re hired to do for the next 7 years. Unacceptable.

The question is was Pitt allowed the sub and did the refs not allow us to sub. Couldn’t tell from the screen

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We had 2 timeouts and rather than giving them a touchdown or at the least an automatic field goal, you punt. I didn't like it, but with where we were, I think Collins had to. You hope the defense gets them 3 & out and then you have 3 minutes to score twice.
Right, I get that. I think the odds of getting eight yards is greater than the odds of having all the other things happen.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
This one was on the O.
Graham just didn’t play well and Johnson fumbled the chance. Johnson looked good up until then too. Kid just on some can’t get right.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Steve Spurrier won the ACC championship at Duke with an out manned team (actually tied with UVA). His OC was Barry Wilson who inherited the team as head coach, used the same play book and had a terrible losing record. There is an art to play calling and when Spurrier left it exposed mediocre coaching with the same talent.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
A love our players but you are going to play hurt, then have to leave it on the field and not play scared

Charlie Thomas trying time take on a block without using his hurt shoulder is something you can’t do. This was a back breaker

giphy.gif

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Right, I get that. I think the odds of getting eight yards is greater than the odds of having all the other things happen.

You have to factor in the defense playing so much better than the offense, and the off chance we could come up with a turnover as well. I would have gone for it too, but I could see it both ways.

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not sold, at all, on JG as a winning QB. I see flashes of ability, but then long stretches of poor play. Slot on f problems can be attributed to the fight side of the OL.