Pitt Postgame

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe next season we can request that our bye weeks both be moved until after the UGAg game. Clearly they are our kryptonite.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So he was a WR even when he wasn't a WR? Okay then lol. That being said, our "WR" is a better QB than our current starter.

Sorry, he was a player who had all the skills of a WR and none of a QB playing at the QB position. Didn't think I had to spell that out for you.

And yes, the fact that we don't have a good actual QB on roster was one of the many reasons this year was going to suck. Graham might develop into a good QB with experience as a lot of the issues he has shown is common with young QBs forced to play before they are ready.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know what happened to Graham today. He looked better in his first start than he did today. But it is just one game. Too soon to say he might not be good eventually.

I think to make the rest of the games more competitive we need to be awarded a point for every first down.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope we can get 2-3. Commits after today's. Game. We need DT''S to apply pass rush pressure and shut down the inside run. QB is on the way . I think the short pass completions and pass blocking will Definitely improve.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Graham would probably be a pretty special QB, assuming he could make the reads, in our previous offense. I believe if you could combine the best of our 3 guys, TO, LJ, and JG, you would have what we need, but we don't have that, and even if we did, with the pass protection so bad, I don't know if Joe Montana could do anything right now.

I was disappointed our QB wasn't lining up over center more today with quicker hitting running plays. Also, I did not see hardly any attempts at option plays. Pitt is fundamentally very good on D. Our O is bad - we all know that . This game went almost exactly how I thought it would go, but it would have been nice to have gotten at least one more TD.

For us older guys, this season is especially painful, and although I do believe the coaches are doing what they can to improve the guys we have, I don't see a quick fix with just recruiting. Hoping that our performance does not negatively affect our recruiting. We still need size and speed in our front 7 future players. (more of it) It is an extremely uphill battle for the Institute, and it appears to me we are in for a few years of pain. We might get to 0.500 by 2021 if everything goes as well as possible.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what happened to Graham today. He looked better in his first start than he did today. But it is just one game. Too soon to say he might not be good eventually.

He's a freshman QB (and teh Fr year might as well have been useless with the scheme we were playing) playing before he is ready. Inconsistency is to be expected, especially playing behind this line.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Our defense is doing a good job making these games respectable. Frankly this game shouldnt have been this close. Pitt played awful today and won by double digits on the road.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I dunno what you call if you cant run block or protect.
exactly. look at the contracts our AD gave out. This staff has at least 2 mulligan years in their eyes because they don't see our personnel being the fit to run anything else but the TO and we lost our 1 OL that was a quality P5 starter to transfer. I know we want to win as fans but everyone in a position of power in the AD and in the media has assessed us as being literally years from being competitive with the scheme change. It's gonna suck but we'll stick through it cause we're fans. hopefully things get better sooner rather than later but I would mentally prepare yourself for next year being pretty damn rough to watch too regardless of who is calling the plays