Pitt Postgame

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
lol what?
Lemme help you out. When you have a fast flowing defense getting up field, draws, screens, & RPO. We consistently did 2/3.

CDP first playcall (QB Draw) shouldve been 30yd plus run but James decided to cut right into our OLineman.

CDP saw the Miami game and saw Pitt is vulnerable vs. the RPO, Graham was highly inaccurate. As soon as LJ, got we had success with the RPO.

QB draw was a great playcall at the 7 and should’ve been points but he coughed it up.

LJ also missed AB one on one on the 2nd down play on the out route

moral of the story: CDP AINT the issue. Let’s wait until we get an OL and a reliable kicker and then we can talk
You also defended punting when down 10 with 4.5 minutes to go.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure how many fans will be around ... I mean Bill lewis had two 5 win season before he lost the locker room and 1 for and was fired.... We might not win another game...I wonder if wins or lack of matter to recruits... especually to the ones who get OVs at other schools ...would Tech's lack of wins and Bowl Oppurtunity play into thier decesion to choose another school over Tech....I mean it would appear GT might not win 5 games next year with this coaching staff....

Yea, but we’ll finish with a Top 30 class. We do that a couple years on a row and it will be very difficult come 2021 to not win a lot of games. I don’t see any way he’s on a hot seat until at least 2022.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, but we’ll finish with a Top 30 class. We do that a couple years on a row and it will be very difficult come 2021 to not win a lot of games. I don’t see any way he’s on a hot seat until at least 2022.
I'm discouraged by the fact that we look lost with recruits that were in classes ranked between 40-50.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What does it take? I mean, really. What. Does. It. Take?!?

We have a successful game plan against Miami, one of the best run Ds in the ACC, nay the country. That game plan was to run the ball, use a lot of under center sets, and give Mason the ball 20 times. We were lucky to win, admittedly, but we had ToP and drove the ball. Just like you would expect a team that ran the ball successfully for 11 years to do.

So what does our crack O staff decide to do, against, mind you, one of the best pass rushing teams in the country? Why, pass the ball, of course. They were "vulnerable to the RPO" or something like that. And the results are plain to see. Again.

I've been castigated here before as an "armchair offensive coordinator" and the like. Yes. I am. And I could have put together a better game plan in my den then our offensive staff put together for this game. There seems to be an active dislike for adopting offensive strategies that our players can execute and succeed with. I don't know why this is the case or why we continue to see players on the sidelines celebrating when we are still behind. As usual, we didn't look like a well-coached team. By now it seems to be a trademark.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
What does it take? I mean, really. What. Does. It. Take?!?

We have a successful game plan against Miami, one of the best run Ds in the ACC, nay the country. That game plan was to run the ball, use a lot of under center sets, and give Mason the ball 20 times. We were lucky to win, admittedly, but we had ToP and drove the ball. Just like you would expect a team that ran the ball successfully for 11 years to do.

So what does our crack O staff decide to do, against, mind you, one of the best pass rushing teams in the country? Why, pass the ball, of course. They were "vulnerable to the RPO" or something like that. And the results are plain to see. Again.

I've been castigated here before as an "armchair offensive coordinator" and the like. Yes. I am. And I could have put together a better game plan in my den then our offensive staff put together for this game. There seems to be an active dislike for adopting offensive strategies that our players can execute and succeed with. I don't know why this is the case or why we continue to see players on the sidelines celebrating when we are still behind. As usual, we didn't look like a well-coached team. By now it seems to be a trademark.

Run pass ratio was 70/30 and was getting stuffed. The Crack attempted to get the ball out quickly vs Our porous OL. Didn’t help that Graham didn’t execute or guys Carter dropped the one pass that was on the money. I’m not sure what more do you want

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Lucas was banged up and went into the locker room after his fumble.

Banged up....that’s an understatement. He had the shat knocked out of him on that play. It happened in front of me and it appeared the Pitt defender that made the hit was shot out of a cannon. You gotta protect the ball and we didn’t on that play. As badly as things appeared, we had a chance to tie the game up and things could have ended differently. We ran 20 less plays than them and were still in the game at the point of the fumble. We are playing better, so keep supporting your Jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I thought we had started to turn a corner with the Miami game,.offense wasn't great but it was improved. Today, I expected to see even more improvement on offense, and yet still some of the same issues even after a bye. Maybe the bye hurt us for once

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jolly Good Fellow
OL injuries killed us.....BUT....Our quarterback play has been atrocious.... if Tyler Yates can only get one meaningless snap in this "Nightmare on Techwood" season, then he must not be as good as he projected coming out of Milton.. In fact, he should enter transfer portal, as Geoff obviously believes Graham and Lucas are the future for GT...and, if that is so, we are dead...

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
For those talking about Collins and a hot seat I can only assume you don’t follow GT football that closely. Even if you can’t stand him you should at least realize our AD is the one who hired him and not only that he was given a 7 year contract. What in the world makes you think this same AD would put him on the hot seat before 2025? Seriously now. We are about to have one of our highest ranked classes in a long time and some of you are thinking hot seat? If anything I could see an extension when Collins brings in a top 25 class in 2021. Wins and losses do not matter right now for Collins just like they didn’t for Johnson. If they did our last coach would have been gone after 2015 after winning 1 ACC game in year 8.

Many of you just don’t realize the positive things taking place. I’m down here in Albany and the in roads Collins is making in this area is awesome. After only 9 months on the job Collins has turned our reputation around and players are actually talking about GT. I’m the first to say the public schools down here aren’t good, but they’re are some gems who could make it at GT (remember guys like Shaun Jones and Joe Burns from Thomasville or a Daryl Smith from Albany. I know some players at Lee County and some dads at Lowndes and Colquitt and GT is now a player for these kids. UGA can only take so many and FSU who poaches this area is a true dumpster fire and Collins will take advantage of that.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
OL injuries killed us.....BUT....Our quarterback play has been atrocious.... if Tyler Yates can only get one meaningless snap in this "Nightmare on Techwood" season, then he must not be as good as he projected coming out of Milton.. In fact, he should enter transfer portal, as Geoff obviously believes Graham and Lucas are the future for GT...and, if that is so, we are dead...

Gleason is the future. I expect Tobias, Johnson, and possibly Yates to portal out. Collins isn’t moving forward with short questionable throwing QB’s. He tried to give it to Johnson but right now the only option is Graham.