Pitt Postgame

Deleted member 2897

That's not unusual at all. Most coaches would do that, especially since the defense is playing better than the offense. I can see why we went for the field goal there. Jackets were this close to tying the score 17-17 when the fumble turned the game around. Seems reasonable to kick the field goal and get within one score.

Most coaches don’t have teams whose offense scores 12 points a game.

Deleted member 2897

It's just one of those calls that I can see going either way. I could see going for it, and I could see kicking it.

Yea there is no right or wrong answer. When I was thinking about posting my opinion, I thought what if he made the kick? And in my opinion, I thought even if we scored 3 points it would not ultimately help us win the game.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Just stating the facts we're a fumble and 27 yd fg away from being 0-8. Not sure why people are disappointed we lost; Pitt is a good team and should be 6-2. Proud of our defense today. Offense is tough to watch. Don't think we will win another game the rest of the year.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yea there is no right or wrong answer. When I was thinking about posting my opinion, I thought what if he made the kick? And in my opinion, I thought even if we scored 3 points it would not ultimately help us win the game.

You never know. But ultimately, it could well have helped us win the game had we not fumbled on the one yard line. We score there and it's tied.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I disagree. Our play calling is slow, predictable and fails to take advantage of a super-aggressive upfield push by their d-ends. We ran the same bad play on third down to poor results (you did see our third-down conversion rate, right?) How can you possibly say he called a good game? o_O Maybe the better question is, if that was a well-called game how can I tell it when it is a poorly-called one?

lol what?
Lemme help you out. When you have a fast flowing defense getting up field, draws, screens, & RPO. We consistently did 2/3.

CDP first playcall (QB Draw) shouldve been 30yd plus run but James decided to cut right into our OLineman.

CDP saw the Miami game and saw Pitt is vulnerable vs. the RPO, Graham was highly inaccurate. As soon as LJ, got we had success with the RPO.

QB draw was a great playcall at the 7 and should’ve been points but he coughed it up.

LJ also missed AB one on one on the 2nd down play on the out route

moral of the story: CDP AINT the issue. Let’s wait until we get an OL and a reliable kicker and then we can talk

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Disclaimer: I haven't read the majority of the post in this thread:

Has anyone else noticed the defensive adjustments that our coaches are making at halftime? It seems that each game, we are making adjustments to attack the opponent much more aggressively in the second half. I don't believe that it is the the opposing team taking their foot off the gas. I just want a second half effort and results to happen all game. And when that happens, we will win 7-3!

So the offense is what is hurting. We all know why, whether we admit it or not. Yet, we can't run our old offense, for the following reasons:
A.) Our current coaching staff was brought in due to demands of the fan base to change systems, cultures etc.
B.) If we did try and run it, it's harder to recruit. Right now the pitch is "With you opening that lane..." "With you taking the handoff..." "With you running a go route..." The recruits can see the offensive scheme and they can imagine themselves in those rolls. Running the 3O, However, there is no canvas for them to paint on.
C.)We are trying to run an offense that needs an average OL of at least 6'3" & 325lbs+. We just don't have those bodies and then add in the horrible losses we have had due to injuries. The qb from uga had all day to throw vs Florida today, several times of 4+ seconds. Graham and Johnson had 2 at most.
D.) Nobody runs the 3O like CPJ.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Just stating the facts we're a fumble and 27 yd fg away from being 0-8. Not sure why people are disappointed we lost; Pitt is a good team and should be 6-2. Proud of our defense today. Offense is tough to watch. Don't think we will win another game the rest of the year.

We don't fumble on the goal line and the outcome today is different and we beat that same "good" team.

Growing pains suck...trust me;) (Just a tall joke inserted for fun and relevance)

Last edited:

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean the unfortunate irony is that yes he’s correct - but our offense has almost always been extremely good. It would be a different story if he was taking over one like ours this year. The irony is interesting.
I think it looks bad on his part to bring it up all the time

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
lol what?
Lemme help you out. When you have a fast flowing defense getting up field, draws, screens, & RPO. We consistently did 2/3.

CDP first playcall (QB Draw) shouldve been 30yd plus run but James decided to cut right into our OLineman.

CDP saw the Miami game and saw Pitt is vulnerable vs. the RPO, Graham was highly inaccurate. As soon as LJ, got we had success with the RPO.

QB draw was a great playcall at the 7 and should’ve been points but he coughed it up.

LJ also missed AB one on one on the 2nd down play on the out route

moral of the story: CDP AINT the issue. Let’s wait until we get an OL and a reliable kicker and then we can talk

Tend to agree. We had WR open all game, just couldn’t connect to save our life. 10 was open the whole game; LJ had him on his first play then again on the fake draw where we waited forever to find 12 on the sidelines—both could have been TDs deep to 10.

Deleted member 2897

You never know. But ultimately, it could well have helped us win the game had we not fumbled on the one yard line. We score there and it's tied.

On the prediction thread, I said it would be 18-18 late in the game. I’m watching that like “wow it’s about to be 17-17 late in the game - ha”. NOPE. Literally nothing about this is fun!

GTFLETCH

Banned
Disclaimer: I haven't read the majority of the post in this thread:

Has anyone else noticed the defensive adjustments that our coaches are making at halftime? It seems that each game, we are making adjustments to attack the opponent much more aggressively in the second half. I don't believe that it is the the opposing team taking their foot off the gas. I just want a second half effort and results to happen all game. And when that happens, we will win 7-3!

So the offense is what is hurting. We all know why, whether we admit it or not. Yet, we can't run our old offense, for the following reasons:
A.) Our current coaching staff was brought in due to demands of the fan base to change systems, cultures etc.
B.) If we did try and run it, it's harder to recruit. Right now the pitch is "With you opening that lane..." "With you taking the handoff..." "With you running a go route..." The recruits can see the offensive scheme and they can imagine themselves in those rolls. Running the 3O, However, there is no canvas for them to paint on.
C.)We are trying to run an offense that needs an average OL of at least 6'3" & 325lbs+. We just don't have those bodies and then add in the horrible losses we have had due to injuries. The qb from uga had all day to throw vs Florida today, several times of 4+ seconds. Graham and Johnson had 2 at most.
D.) Nobody runs the 3O like CPJ.
Not sure how many fans will be around ... I mean Bill lewis had two 5 win season before he lost the locker room and 1 for and was fired.... We might not win another game...I wonder if wins or lack of matter to recruits... especually to the ones who get OVs at other schools ...would Tech's lack of wins and Bowl Oppurtunity play into thier decesion to choose another school over Tech....I mean it would appear GT might not win 5 games next year with this coaching staff....