Pitt Panthers

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
This will be the worst defense we see this year. Not even close. Their defense was horrible last year and he year before. I'm shocked that Narduzzi has had consistently bad defenses since he's been at Pitt. They are still housing Canada's playbook, but something is missing on offense as well.

Now, they certainly have talent and are able to beat anyone on any given day. But I would rather be sitting where we are then where they are.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitt lost an NFL QB, NFL RB, and 2 NFL OL. Their D wasn't very good last year and doesn't appear to have made much improvement (although they didn't have their best defensive player through the first 3 games).

They are bound to take a step or two back this year

Yeah, Pitt's D was really bad last year - 97th. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef2016

And we were 94th. So I expect us to score a lot on them. I expect they'll score about 1/2 as much as we do. This is a cakewalk or we have another 3 win season coming up. I'll stick with 6 or 7 wins out of 11 right now.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Anyone think it's possible Pitt spent practice time preparing for the Jackets instead of 100% attention of OSU? Just a thought (I doubt it but would explain some things if so).

As was mentioned before, we are 100% different from OSU, so nothing from last game will help Pitt in this one.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Anyone think it's possible Pitt spent practice time preparing for the Jackets instead of 100% attention of OSU? Just a thought (I doubt it but would explain some things if so).

As was mentioned before, we are 100% different from OSU, so nothing from last game will help Pitt in this one.
I can't see that happening especially when playing a top 25 ranked team

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Narduzzi said in his presser that this isn't the first time his team will have practiced for GT. He followed that and said they spent 10 minutes per day during fall camp dedicated to GT. In the context of that comment, I take it to mean they did not practice for GT last week.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Narduzzi said in his presser that this isn't the first time his team will have practiced for GT. He followed that and said they spent 10 minutes per day during fall camp dedicated to GT. In the context of that comment, I take it to mean they did not practice for GT last week.
Just got time to listen to the full press conference. I agree with your conclusion.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
#28 JJ Green LIKES noon games!!!! He likes getting up early & not waiting around. He also figures that the opposing teams DOESN'T like getting up early & having to deal with cuts!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

I love JJ's attitude, it really shows how much the A's as a group have embraced the blocking aspect to the position. It definitely shows in the games to this point...those guys are out there blocking with a purpose!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love JJ's attitude, it really shows how much the A's as a group have embraced the blocking aspect to the position. It definitely shows in the games to this point...those guys are out there blocking with a purpose!
By end of season will the a b be superior to the 2014 crew. They sure look like they are on the way.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Team seems to be saying the right things. I am looking forward to a good week of practice and prep. Hope we can get up on Pitt quickly and break their will early. They didn't handle the pressure well with regards to turn overs last week, so it would be great to give them part two of that nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Watched the replay of Pitts game versus Youngstown State while working last night and one thing they had issues with and I hope we exploit is the rb wheel route. 4-5 times during the game the linebacker didn't have the speed to make up for the mismatch.

One back for Youngtown had 5 catches for 124 yards and 2 TDs. Might be a big day for our abacks in space.