Here's Pitt's record by day in ACC series coming into this weekend:
Fri: 4-5
Sat: 1-8
Sun: 2-7

Compared to ours:
Sat: 8-1
Sun: 5-4

This would be a shocker for Thomas to lose today. Obviously the Sunday record for us is questionable now (we were 5-2 with Hurter starting and 0-2 since he went down). Was looking at the ACC stats today and Hurter had the 3rd best ERA in the league in ACC games. Brutal loss.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Looking at it, the impact Ramsey continues to make on this team is incredible. I think a key factor last night was our guys getting the starting pitchers pitch count up knowing after him, they drop off significantly with arms. I have to believe Ramsey’s hitting philosophy plays into this. If any recall, he was a similar hitter at FSU and actually FSU has always been pretty good about working the count. Starting pitcher got tired and we took advantage.

This team is fun to watch!

Believe FSU is 2nd on the conference in OB% in league games behind us despite hitting 30/40 points lower. Indeed they are still very good at that.

Deleted member 2897

Pitt is 3-15 on the season in road games...1-12 in ACC road games. That is just brutal.

Ramblin'Man

Banned
Here's Pitt's record by day in ACC series coming into this weekend:
Sat: 1-8
Sun: 2-7

Compared to ours:
Sat: 8-1
Sun: 5-4

This would be a shocker for Thomas to lose today. Obviously the Sunday record for us is questionable now (we were 5-2 with Hurter starting and 0-2 since he went down). Was looking at the ACC stats today and Hurter had the 3rd best ERA in the league in ACC games. Brutal loss.

I believe Losing Hurter is really going to Hurt in postseason....... with him, I think we would have been in shoe in for Omaha, now that we are without.....I think Lucy yanks the ball away from us. But it's been amazing year, the offense is a true joy to watch

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t post often. We live in Marietta and I retired so attending more gt sports events. Went to the game last night. Usually sit against the wall on then3rd base side. As mentioned several times this season this is a very good team and enjoyable to watch. Last night maybe 200 -250 people attended which is a poor showing of support for a 6th ranked team. Mercer had a good following for a small school. Why is attendance so poor this season. Not hung up in “we’ve been underperforming for years” . It’s a very good team that people should enjoy watching . Other than NCAA regional last chance to watch team at home this year.
This Tech fan was at the Braves game last night...

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hey @LibertyTurns ...your app should alert you at 6pm of today's ballgame commencing. If not.... you're welcome. ;)
I really had no idea the game was last night until I clicked on this thread. I did get an end of 6th inning and game final update but maybe it was because I was in a no Wifi or cell signal zone. Happens from time to time where I work.

Tonight I have a business dinner from 6-8. Will have to sneak to restroom to get an update.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I know I am biased, but the home plate umpire tonight seems to have two strike zones. Tight for Conner, and loose and wide for Pitt. Maybe he will be better after the weather delay.