Pitt - Final Regular Season Series

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
In Mercer post-game interview, CDH said Xay threw today (Tues). He (Curry) said he felt ok. Hall said Curry won't pitch this weekend v PITT. Same rotation we saw at Duke. He was asked about Curry & ACCT... said he does not expect him to be ready to go for that either.

My half full thought is they have no interest risking any setback in ACCT that could keep Xay from seeing the mound in a regional.

First things First... Beat Pitt over & over until we have Coastal division wrapped up.

https://ramblinwreck.com/no-6-yellow-jackets-blast-bears-7-1/

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Often, it is how you feel the day (or two) after that tells the tale with injuries.Any chance we have rests with getting X back for the Regionals.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t post often. We live in Marietta and I retired so attending more gt sports events. Went to the game last night. Usually sit against the wall on then3rd base side. As mentioned several times this season this is a very good team and enjoyable to watch. Last night maybe 200 -250 people attended which is a poor showing of support for a 6th ranked team. Mercer had a good following for a small school. Why is attendance so poor this season. Not hung up in “we’ve been underperforming for years” . It’s a very good team that people should enjoy watching . Other than NCAA regional last chance to watch team at home this year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I don’t post often. We live in Marietta and I retired so attending more gt sports events. Went to the game last night. Usually sit against the wall on then3rd base side. As mentioned several times this season this is a very good team and enjoyable to watch. Last night maybe 200 -250 people attended which is a poor showing of support for a 6th ranked team. Mercer had a good following for a small school. Why is attendance so poor this season. Not hung up in “we’ve been underperforming for years” . It’s a very good team that people should enjoy watching . Other than NCAA regional last chance to watch team at home this year.
For me, every game I have gone to this year (not many) we play poorly and lose. I am old and semi-retired but also highly susceptible to cold weather, and dressed improperly last night for that game, so was freeezing my butt off when the sun went down in my T shirt and shorts. Between that and the fact that I have come to believe I am a bad luck joujou for this team, I decided to leave. They promptly went out and scored 6 runs, so clearly I was right. I'm not sayin' that baseball fans are superstitious or anything, but...well...I'm just sayin'.

I want to be there to support the team against Pitt, but I worry about my joujou affecting the team and we need to sweep this series.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
For me, every game I have gone to this year (not many) we play poorly and lose. I am old and semi-retired but also highly susceptible to cold weather, and dressed improperly last night for that game, so was freeezing my butt off when the sun went down in my T shirt and shorts. Between that and the fact that I have come to believe I am a bad luck joujou for this team, I decided to leave. They promptly went out and scored 6 runs, so clearly I was right. I'm not sayin' that baseball fans are superstitious or anything, but...well...I'm just sayin'.

I want to be there to support the team against Pitt, but I worry about my joujou affecting the team and we need to sweep this series.
Since you try to attend this post was not directed at you. I wore shorts and pull over. Left in 8th due to cold.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Once again we’ve put ourselves in a good position with pitch counts relative to the opponent - seems to be a common theme this year both during the week and in-game.

We got through the game last night throwing 112 total pitches across 5 guys - probably only burned Gibson and Carpenter for Thursday. Only faced 33 batters all game. That was a big performance with the early weekend series start.

Pitt threw 157 pitches across 5 guys. Had to face 45 batters. Probably burned 3/4 for the Thursday game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
For me, every game I have gone to this year (not many) we play poorly and lose...... I have come to believe I am a bad luck joujou for this team, I decided to leave. They promptly went out and scored 6 runs, so clearly I was right. I'm not sayin' that baseball fans are superstitious or anything, but...well...I'm just sayin'.

You sir are a great GT fan! Bravo, well done indeed.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

I go whenever I can. My kids and my husband just love the downtown setting of RC.
My boys run around with their GT hats, and baseball gloves on hoping to a catch a foul ball. After the game they wait patiently to get a ball signed by the "cool" college baseball boys.
In fact, our GT baseball players are so gracious. They always have a smile on their face win or lose and sign balls, caps, and stand for photos.
What a wonderful wholesome setting Russ Chandler is... And my boys love to hear the coarse, yelling adults that get frantic, then squeal with pleasure inning after inning.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Do we do anything to promote baseball games with the students? They should be the most readily accessible fan base. It is good baseball and if you enjoy the game and love GT it is a great place to watch a game. Great value too.

I have been to one game this year (ND .... we lost). I took on some umpiring commitments that have tied me up for most weekends and nights this fall. I will come to (at least one) a regional game. For me personally it is just difficult to invest the time of 1+ hour commute each way + 3 hours game time.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Do we do anything to promote baseball games with the students? They should be the most readily accessible fan base. It is good baseball and if you enjoy the game and love GT it is a great place to watch a game. Great value too.

I have been to one game this year (ND .... we lost). I took on some umpiring commitments that have tied me up for most weekends and nights this fall. I will come to (at least one) a regional game. For me personally it is just difficult to invest the time of 1+ hour commute each way + 3 hours game time.
Students get in free and there have been a few give away nights.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I live far away and do not like to assume I'd automatically be a regular attendee if I lived close enough... but I'd like to think I would. I would love to know why attendance remains relatively low.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I live far away and do not like to assume I'd automatically be a regular attendee if I lived close enough... but I'd like to think I would. I would love to know why attendance remains relatively low.
Three students sat close to me at the Mercer game. I asked them why there was not better attendance by students ( did not know tickets were free). Their feedback was the bb games and or start times are not promoted well on campus. Something the AA might correct in the future. Anyway.... on to a noisy, packed house for the Pitt series ( Thur, fri,sat- senior day Saturday.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I go to a lot of games. Didn't go last night. I have to be at work at 5:20am, and I fell asleep watching during the 8th inning. I'm 1 hour away and 5-6 hours for me is too much time to invest during the week. uga game is the only mid-day game I went to this year. I do find that espn app makes it a lot easier to not go.

We have lost a lot of fans over the years, but this year it is much more fun to watch. I love Ramsey and have made it to more games this year than the last few years.

Last edited:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I usually make it to about 5 games a year and I'm planning on going to one this weekend and one regional game. Hoping to get to go to one super regional game too.

65Jacket

GT Athlete

You need to cut back your scheduled and enjoy life.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-6-jackets-wrap-up-regular-season-with-pitt/

My favorite bullet...
Nick Wilhite been red-hot in the month of May, hitting .652 with 15 hits, two doubles, a triple and two homers through seven games.

Only UIC & Ga State currently hold lower rankings in RPI than Pitt... looking at entire 2019 schedule.

The table is SET.... LET'S EAT! Win today... then again tomorrow & Sat. Let's do this...easy for me to say from 3 states away, but if you can get down to Russ Chandler this weekend to cheer on this team, please make the effort. As @NW GA JACKET very accurately put it in perspective (after Mercer win)... these young men (kids to me) are what is great about Ga Tech & college student athletes. They put on the Old Gold & White & play for the Institute, & as important... for the man beside them.
GO YELLOW JACKETS!!

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m a firm believer in team chemistry, and I think that is the strength of this bunch of guys. They are all pulling for one another, and we need to support them in any way possible. Attend the games if you can, and make some noise. We need to establish a home field advantage. It’s way too quiet, especially in big moments.

Deleted member 2897

k87jDx.gif