Petition to stop noon home games

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty simple. Games that are more likely to be watched are put in better time slots. That doesn't mean that the teams are better...it just means that based on the network's research, more people will tune in.

I know everyone hates it, but even when North Carolina is playing 3-9 football, they draw a much larger TV crowd than Tech does when it's playing 8-4 football. To get it changed you need to grow interest in Georgia Tech football

Just. Stop. This makes entirely too much sense for this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's pretty simple. Games that are more likely to be watched are put in better time slots. That doesn't mean that the teams are better...it just means that based on the network's research, more people will tune in.

I know everyone hates it, but even when North Carolina is playing 3-9 football, they draw a much larger TV crowd than Tech does when it's playing 8-4 football. To get it changed you need to grow interest in Georgia Tech football
Bingo! We need to win 9 games! Lets do it.

You make a good point, but I would argue that we are a more popular national brand that the likes of unc although not necessarily a more popular brand in the southeast. I believe that when we get national coverage, we are probably in the top third or maybe top quarter of FBS teams in coast to coast draw. I think more folks like watching our spread option on a national basis than many are willing to admit. Not to mention that we are already a very well known national brand in comparison to many other FBS teams.

Bottom line is that there's really no reason not to spread the noon time slots around a little more.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Once again. Not true

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You make a good point, but I would argue that we are a more popular national brand that the likes of unc although not necessarily a more popular brand in the southeast. I believe that when we get national coverage, we are probably in the top third or maybe top quarter of FBS teams in coast to coast draw. I think more folks like watching our spread option on a national basis than many are willing to admit. Not to mention that we are already a very well known national brand in comparison to many other FBS teams.

Bottom line is that there's really no reason not to spread the noon time slots around a little more.

I love Tech but to non-GT fans I think we are the Kentucky of the ACC. I also like watching CPJ’s offense but a lot of folks don’t like watching it. I cringe every time I see one guy who likes to start out a conversation with, “Y’all still running that high school offense?” I say, “The one that got 4,000 regular season rushing yards in 2014? Yep.” It falls on deaf ears.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck

The noon games on ESPN and ESPN2 are considered highly desirable time slots and we get those games all the time. What you say about UNC is simply not true on a national level.

I love Tech but to non-GT fans I think we are the Kentucky of the ACC. I also like watching CPJ’s offense but a lot of folks don’t like watching it. I cringe every time I see one guy who likes to start out a conversation with, “Y’all still running that high school offense?” I say, “The one that got 4,000 regular season rushing yards in 2014? Yep.” It falls on deaf ears.

I understand that some folks like to belittle our offense, but I just chalk that up to jealousy.

I'll say it again. There are a lot more folks out there who are intrigued by our spread option than many are willing to admit or give credit to.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I don't think it's that simple. Iiuc, you also have to look at TV coverage.

TV > Online only
ESPN > ESPNU or ESPN News etc
7:00 ESPN > 12:00 ESPN
etc

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It's a true post. I don't think anyone is arguing which tv time slots are better than others, but maybe some are.

Maybe I misunderstand his posts, but I though he was saying that a 12:00 game on ESPN is better than a 7:00 game on ESPNews. I took it to mean: being on a TV channel is most important, being on a better channel is second most important, being in a certain time slot is third most important.

Maybe I misunderstand his posts, but I though he was saying that a 12:00 game on ESPN is better than a 7:00 game on ESPNews. I took it to mean: being on a TV channel is most important, being on a better channel is second most important, being in a certain time slot is third most important.

As I understand it, that is the hierarchy for tv. Was someone confused on that?

I guess I just didn't quite understand your post that I responded to. I took it that you were saying the time was most important.

As for television, the channel is certainly most important. However, for fans who attend games, atmosphere, and players who boil in the September heat, time is certainly most important.