Petition to stop noon home games

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If I started a petition to help us stop getting noon home games would you sign it? I know it wouldn't really matter but at least we can actually do something and try to make some noise about how we are getting treated like crap as fans.

Jmonty71

Banned
If I started a petition to help us stop getting noon home games would you sign it? I know it wouldn't really matter but at least we can actually do something and try to make some noise about how we are getting treated like crap as fans.
You can sign whatever.. When it comes down to it... It is about ratings. GT does not draw ratings, when we cannot even reach bowl games.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You can sign whatever.. When it comes down to it... It is about ratings. GT does not draw ratings, when we cannot even reach bowl games.
Does wake forest draw ratings? Syracuse? Virginia? No they don't yet they get plenty of non noon games

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I would. There's nothing I hate worse then having to sit there boiling in the sun until the shade gets to my seats around the middle of the 3rd. I'm sure that this won't cut much ice, however; tv counts and we want to get on it as often as possible. (AOAP! A new short cut!)

Still, 12:00 and 12:30 games are nowhere near as comfortable as I'd like.

Jmonty71

Banned
Does wake forest draw ratings? Syracuse? Virginia? No they don't yet they get plenty of non noon games
Complaining about other teams? Do I think they are better than us? No. Do they draw more ratings? Maybe??? I am not up to date on what the fan bases are.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Complaining about other teams? Do I think they are better than us? No. Do they draw more ratings? Maybe??? I am not up to date on what the fan bases are.
They don't. The majority of Wake Forest home games are at 330 or later. That's ridiculous

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

I know one person who wouldn't sign it...

CPJ. He'd play them at 9:00 AM if they'd let him.

Jmonty71

Banned
It may not be a pleasing answer, but I think it's the only answer he could give. It's simply not up to Tech (or any school) when the TV networks decide to televise a given game.
Pretty much... I guess being on TV at noon is better than some 3:30 game and not being on the TV, at all. This is a classic case of "It is what it is". I just hope we win 8-9 games and throw some stink into other team's eyes... LOL

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
As others are saying, not much can be done regardless of petitions. Somebody plays at noon to fit the ESPN schedule. The better your team and reputation, the better chance of a later time slot. I'm against noon games on the simple principle they are unAmerican. Muscular people should not be running into one another at noon.