1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Petition to stop noon home games

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Gold1, May 18, 2018.

1. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

If I started a petition to help us stop getting noon home games would you sign it? I know it wouldn't really matter but at least we can actually do something and try to make some noise about how we are getting treated like crap as fans.

HurricaneJacket and upwgdrb like this.
  2. Jmonty71

Jmonty71 Helluva Engineer

You can sign whatever.. When it comes down to it... It is about ratings. GT does not draw ratings, when we cannot even reach bowl games.

3. JacketFromUGA

JacketFromUGA Helluva Engineer

Dang you’re entitled.

4. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

So not wanting to go to every home game at noon makes me entitled. Wow

5. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

That's not what you suggested.

You suggested never having noon home games. And yes, you come off as entitled.

6. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

I dont want 4 out of 6 home games at noon. If that makes me entitled so be it

Dirty Jacket and Ramblinwreck07 like this.
  7. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

Does wake forest draw ratings? Syracuse? Virginia? No they don't yet they get plenty of non noon games

8. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

9. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Unless you send that petition, with LOTS of signatures to the ACC offices and ESPN, it won't matter at all. Tech unfortunately has no control over the timing of TV games.

gtsucks, New Old Guy, lauraee and 2 others like this.
  10. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

I would. There's nothing I hate worse then having to sit there boiling in the sun until the shade gets to my seats around the middle of the 3rd. I'm sure that this won't cut much ice, however; tv counts and we want to get on it as often as possible. (AOAP! A new short cut!)

Still, 12:00 and 12:30 games are nowhere near as comfortable as I'd like.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  11. Jmonty71

Complaining about other teams? Do I think they are better than us? No. Do they draw more ratings? Maybe??? I am not up to date on what the fan bases are.

12. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

They don't. The majority of Wake Forest home games are at 330 or later. That's ridiculous

13. Jacketman1

Jacketman1 Helluva Engineer

Do you remember what state Wake is in? And what state the ACC office is in?

14. SidewalkJacket

SidewalkJacket Helluva Engineer

I know one person who wouldn't sign it...

CPJ. He'd play them at 9:00 AM if they'd let him.

gtcs05 and TechPreacher like this.
  15. TechCubed

TechCubed Helluva Engineer

16. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

Lol he basically said nothing. I got the same exact response from someone in the GTAA I emailed

17. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

What does linear on Tv mean? Can I see it in Wyoming?! I’m all for noon games if this is the case.

18. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

It may not be a pleasing answer, but I think it's the only answer he could give. It's simply not up to Tech (or any school) when the TV networks decide to televise a given game.

19. Jmonty71

Pretty much... I guess being on TV at noon is better than some 3:30 game and not being on the TV, at all. This is a classic case of "It is what it is". I just hope we win 8-9 games and throw some stink into other team's eyes... LOL

ThatGuy likes this.
  20. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

As others are saying, not much can be done regardless of petitions. Somebody plays at noon to fit the ESPN schedule. The better your team and reputation, the better chance of a later time slot. I'm against noon games on the simple principle they are unAmerican. Muscular people should not be running into one another at noon.

TechPreacher likes this.