Per the Ajc: CPJ working through contract extension through 2022

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
So a few things of note for all of you who are ready to get rid of CPJ.
1. Since Bobby Dodd we have had only 9 seasons of nine wins or better. 5 under Carson,Curry, Ross, O'Leary. CPJ has had 4
2. Since Dodd we have only had 4 seasons of 10 wins or better. half of those belong to CPJ
3. For those that don't like our offense, guess what you wanted a Georgia Tech brand, well that is our brand. It comes up often and is very feared by many HC and DCs around the country. Saban wont play us.

I hope we get at least 4 more years out of CPJ, preferably 8, and then go get Jeff Monken and keep the train rolling.
You sir are just the kind of Tech fan, that real Tech fans shake their heads at. Loser mentality, don't care about winning as long as you get to keep you're man and your TO.Please stay far away.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Every fanbase are literally laughing at us and how we are run as a program and then you've got people in here saying he's the greatest and should be treated like Bill snyder. This board is not in touch with the majority of our fan base

and you are, of course, the reigning expert of Tech's fan base and all that's right and holy! SMFH

Jmonty71

Banned
To those bashing CPJ and his inability to reel in 4 and 5 star recruits. Just keep this in mind. CPJ and GT actually make their kids go to class. Most, not all, but most 4 and 5 star kids use college as nothing more than a 3 to 4 year NFL audition. Do you think they want to attend a tough school or go to some school with BS classes and/or not even attend? GT and CPJ look for character, I think. Ugag and Bama just look for high rated kids. Doesn't matter if they have police records or dumb as a sack of rocks. Ugag, Bama and other football factories, pretty much.

Just my 2 pennies.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
and you are, of course, the reigning expert of Tech's fan base and all that's right and holy! SMFH
No I'm not but I've talked to people from numerous fanbases including ours and the fans of other teams are happy and the fans of GT that I've talked to are not happy about this.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
To those bashing CPJ and his inability to reel in 4 and 5 star recruits. Just keep this in mind. CPJ and GT actually make their kids go to class. Most, not all, but most 4 and 5 star kids use college as nothing more than a 3 to 4 year NFL audition. Do you think they want to attend a tough school or go to some school with BS classes and/or not even attend? GT and CPJ look for character, I think. Ugag and Bama just look for high rated kids. Doesn't matter if they have police records or dumb as a sack of rocks. Ugag, Bama and other football factories, pretty much.

Just my 2 pennies.
Here we go again. You don't think Tua or jalen hurts have character? You probably don't even know who those players are

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Every fanbase are literally laughing at us and how we are run as a program and then you've got people in here saying he's the greatest and should be treated like Bill snyder. This board is not in touch with the majority of our fan base
Then why aren't you over on the other GT message board with those jerks?:rolleyes:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
To some of the guys bashing CPJ, I understand why you want him gone and honestly I'm not content with only winning 5 or 6 games (even though Johnson has only done worse than that twice). Tech should be able to consistently win 8 games a year with occasional great years. In saying that, I'm 20 years old and only remember 2 coaches, CCG and CPJ. Give me CPJ all day every day and twice on Sunday. I will take the lows with the highs that he brings. Some of y'all are still living in the 90s and guess what, it isn't the 90s anymore. College football has changed completely with the biggest change being APR. CPJ brings us an advantage with his offense (I do believe that this isn't the only offense that will work here as some have suggested) and saves the school some money by being the HC and OC which is more important than I think some of y'all realize. I said it earlier, but I hope that he is able to retire here as he is one of the best coaches in Tech history.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
No I'm not but I've talked to people from numerous fanbases including ours and the fans of other teams are happy and the fans of GT that I've talked to are not happy about this.

Frankly I don't give two hoots in hell what other fan bases do or don't do, think or don't think. In all the Tech folks I interact with very, very few have any issue with this extension. Nature of the business that you keep the HC on 4 year window and if you don't get that then that's your issue. We get you hate CPJ and his offense but it seems to color everything you post.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Frankly I don't give two hoots in hell what other fan bases do or don't do, think or don't think. In all the Tech folks I interact with very, very few have any issue with this extension. Nature of the business that you keep the HC on 4 year window and if you don't get that then that's your issue. We get you hate CPJ and his offense but it seems to color everything you post.
+1000000(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I don't hate CPJ or the offense, I just hate the results the last few years.