Paul Johnson's job

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They are staying away because they are not what I call real fans. Loyalty is #1 in my definition of being a true fan. Do you know that some Dwags are already calling for Smartypants' firing?
I bet Kirby Goff will be on the Coaches Hotseat website list very soon.

Scubapro

Banned
They are staying away because they are not what I call real fans. Loyalty is #1 in my definition of being a true fan. Do you know that some Dwags are already calling for Smartypants' firing?
Yeah...the Karma bus should have lots of mass and velocity stored up when it ever decides to his the Mutts.

4thandLongGone

Georgia Tech Fan
I've never been on the fire Paul Johnson train but I was wondering how long do you guys think our new AD will give him if we continue to lose. Not necessarily play poorly, but still lose.
My questions would always be: "Whom do you think you are going to get that will be better? And how many years will it take until they are? Finally, if they happen to do really well, how long do you think they will stay at Tech? (Even Bill Curry left for a better job!) Then you have to start the whole process over again.

I think UGA will find out that they wished they had kept Richt. Kirby will most likely turn out to be another Muschamp. Be careful what you wish for...

Milwaukee

Banned
Soooooo I have a very random question. What size is the black fitted hat with the sticker on it with buzz inside the GT? I had that hat and lost it. Was my favorite damn hat. I'll buy if you're willing to part ways and if it's my size.

7-3/8. Let me know if it would fit you and it's yours, no charge.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My questions would always be: "Whom do you think you are going to get that will be better? And how many years will it take until they are? Finally, if they happen to do really well, how long do you think they will stay at Tech? (Even Bill Curry left for a better job!) Then you have to start the whole process over again.

I think UGA will find out that they wished they had kept Richt. Kirby will most likely turn out to be another Muschamp. Be careful what you wish for...
Richt was not losing all the time to the top teams on UGAG schedule, we are why not take a chance on Mike Mcintyre if he fails and continues losing to the big 4 every year we are no worse off. We might improve recruiting a bit with a conventional offense.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think we will be fortunate to end up with 6 wins this year. Our best bets are Duke, UVA, and Ga South. We will need to upset Pitt, VT, UNC, or UGA. None of the teams left on the schedule are guarantees with this team. We may not even get to a bowl again this year. It will be interesting to see how Stansbury will handle the FB situation if no bowl again this year. Will our new AD put pressure to force changes on PJ's staff ? It would be interesting to know just how much control or lack thereof, PJ places on the defensive coaches. From his presser comments, it almost sounds like he lets his defensive coordinator make the decisions and then he holds them accountable.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we will be fortunate to end up with 6 wins this year. Our best bets are Duke, UVA, and Ga South. We will need to upset Pitt, VT, UNC, or UGA. None of the teams left on the schedule are guarantees with this team. We may not even get to a bowl again this year. It will be interesting to see how Stansbury will handle the FB situation if no bowl again this year. Will our new AD put pressure to force changes on PJ's staff ? It would be interesting to know just how much control or lack thereof, PJ places on the defensive coaches. From his presser comments, it almost sounds like he lets his defensive coordinator make the decisions and then he holds them accountable.
In my opinion No Bowl=New Head Coach in 2017.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Pitt? The same Pitt that was in a dogfight against Marshall until very late in the game? UNC? The same UNC that has nnot shown to be able to stop anybody on D? uga? The same uga that barely escaped a loss against a horrible Nichols team and won on a case of coach brainfart against a horrible Mizzou team than got blown out by a mediocre LSwho team? SMDH

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitt? The same Pitt that was in a dogfight against Marshall until very late in the game? UNC? The same UNC that has nnot shown to be able to stop anybody on D? uga? The same uga that barely escaped a loss against a horrible Nichols team and won on a case of coach brainfart against a horrible Mizzou team than got blown out by a mediocre LSwho team? SMDH

Those same teams. After all if you look at us objectively, what have we shown? We beat a very mediocre BC, whipped a hapless Vandy, got absolutely manhandled by Clemson (who just gave up 500+ yards and 36 points at home), and self destructed against Miami - with our 5th year senior QB leading the way. I think we have the potential to beat any team on the schedule, but we haven't shown what it will take to do it yet.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Those same teams. After all if you look at us objectively, what have we shown? We beat a very mediocre BC, whipped a hapless Vandy, got absolutely manhandled by Clemson (who just gave up 500+ yards and 36 points at home), and self destructed against Miami - with our 5th year senior QB leading the way. I think we have the potential to beat any team on the schedule, but we haven't shown what it will take to do it yet.

My point being that the 4 teams mentioned have the issues as well, maybe to a worse extent than Tech. To assume at this stage that would all be favorites over Tech and any Tech win would be an upset is, imo, silly and overreacted.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we need new coaches, I think we need more investment in the staff we have. You aren't going to have a top tier ACC program with a low tier budget. Over the last 8 years we have beaten programs with more money and talent. That is a pretty good ROI with our budget and recruiting restrictions IMO.

Clemson's budget is almost double ours and we are almost even with them in wins/losses.

We are no different than an underfunded race team. We aren't going to get the top tier team members and drivers because other team owners will pay them more than we can. We don't have the money to have the best equipment.... But we still manage to beat teams that do.

I have no problem holding CPJ to a higher standard in terms of performance, but for it to be an accurate comparison to other programs he needs the same budget.