Paul Johnson's job

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I've never been on the fire Paul Johnson train but I was wondering how long do you guys think our new AD will give him if we continue to lose. Not necessarily play poorly, but still lose.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
He'll get next year regardless of what happens (barring things like hitting a player or something)

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
Johnson isn't going anywhere. If fans start with the fire johnson dialogue it will only hurt recruiting. I am frustrated, but 2 losses isn't a huge deal. Especially against solid opponents. Miami was untested, but had a ton of talent. People that say Miami isn't good are morons. 2 fumbles go for touchdowns. Our senior qb was the difference in the game, just not how we would expect

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think PJ's fine as far as any hot seat but let say this if Mike Sewak is back next year I may lose what's left of my mind. Yes, I know he and PJ are close but Sewak's lack of being able to communicate and teach the O line scheme has continued to show in the complete inconsistency of play by the O line. Not just year but for the vast majority of time he's been here.

Milwaukee

Banned
PJ should not be fired. He just needs to hire a recruiting guru. He doesn't have much to work with, with our roster top to bottom, but it's up to him to bring in the right recruiter.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Money is not a problem. Stansbury will can him if he has a losing season again.

Go Jackets!

This! Jerry is spot on. The people who have the money and in many cases withholding their money got their guy in Stansbury. Paul better right the ship quickly. The game within the game going on the rest of the way after losing these last two games. Should be interesting to watch it play out.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
He will not be fired - ever.

The HillNerds are ecstatic when we lose as this will eventually deemphasize football.

The newer generation of GT fans have been "dumbed down" so much by the new definition of success ( nothing wrong with being 2 - 7 vs um) at GT, that they are happy out of their mind with 6 to 7 wins per year.

To wit, 2 weeks ago quite a few were contemplating why we were not ranked (after beating bs & mercer). Now wait and see how soon the "what bowl will we get?". 3rd rate would be better but we, due to academics and never wearing the right cleats of course, will gladly settle for 4th rate.