Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He’s had 3 really good years , 2 of them with a load of talent he didn’t recruit . Not saying I liked Chan , I’d take Paul over him

Dude. Come on. Thats bs. 2016. 2014. Were great years all pauls team. What 2 are u referring to other than 09? 08? Then thats 4 years then not three.

Because both 16 and 14 trump any other years than 09. And we can argue 14 trumped 09 in many facets including a uga win.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
How many game changers are actually visiting ?

The biggest fish is probably 4* DL Rashad Cheney Jr. but Britton Allen from IMG Academy who was a 4* safety until 2 weeks ago could also be really good for us. The other two are a 3*s one of which has already committed to us and the other is uncommitted, but nearly committed to Iowa a while back.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The biggest fish is probably 4* DL Rashad Cheney Jr. but Britton Allen from IMG Academy who was a 4* safety until 2 weeks ago could also be really good for us. The other two are a 3*s one of which has already committed to us and the other is uncommitted, but nearly committed to Iowa a while back.
What about Boykin ?

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2018/11/26/18111592/monday-musings-forging-a-path-forward

“Hire a guy with an innovative spread offense
Stop caring so much about UGA in football
Focus on teams like VT, Miami, and Duke
Start with consistent 8 win seasons, then look beyond
Go to games, yell a lot, sing the songs”

My only issue with this is if we win the bowl game, we have 8 wins including wins against VT and Miami and we finished 2nd in the Coastal. Therefore, it’s been a good season according to this. If that’s the case, why do we need to start over with a new coach?

My only issue with this is if we win the bowl game, we have 8 wins including wins against VT and Miami and we finished 2nd in the Coastal. Therefore, it’s been a good season according to this. If that’s the case, why do we need to start over with a new coach?

- for the new innovative spread offense...

If we're gonna be a "G5 team" like this guy wants, might as well be an exciting one rather than one that runs 30 QB Keepers.

CPJ isn't going anywhere though. 2019 home games will be as quiet as a library, at least when that idiot PA guy isn't playing stupid rap songs over our band.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

If we're gonna be a "G5 team" like this guy wants, might as well be an exciting one rather than one that runs 30 QB Keepers.

CPJ isn't going anywhere though. 2019 home games will be as quiet as a library, at least when that idiot PA guy isn't playing stupid rap songs over our band.
Yeah 2019 is probably gonna be some of the lowest attended games we've ever had in the modern era. Literally no excitement around the program

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yeah 2019 is probably gonna be some of the lowest attended games we've ever had in the modern era. Literally no excitement around the program

I’m shocked you won’t be in the stands. Did you miss out on much of 2014 because of 2013? Did you swear off football altogether after we lost to Duke and UNC? Did you ever get back on board after smashing Miss St? Or did all of that success that year crush your dream of a shotgun spread coming soon?

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2018/11/26/18111592/monday-musings-forging-a-path-forward

I agree with a lot, probably the majority, of what he said, but even if we go to a more spread-oriented offense, we still have the problem of signing a QB who can run and pass. Would it be easier to find one with that kind of offense? I don't know, but I sorta doubt it, for the same reasons we have difficulty signing pretty much any high-caliber player --- academics. And that ain't going away.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

We are 15th in the country in points per play(2nd in ACC). 23rd in the country (4th in ACC)in offensive points per game.

Compare that(which isn’t even our best offensive year under CPJ) with Chan’s modern pro style offense under his best year (2006) with CALVIN JOHNSON. We were 52nd in points per play and 53th in points per game (averaging 12 points less than we are this year) and 74th in offensive points per game.

I think scoring regularly is more exciting than not, regardless of how the offense gets it done.

This issue is the defense which is 111th in the country in opponent’s points per play and 86th in the country in opponent’s offensive points per game. If CPJ should be fired, it’s for his defense, not because the offense is “boring”.

Last edited:

Bogey

Helluva Engineer

Exactly. And work it out so CPJ leaves on a positive note. It's getting harder and harder to qualify for a bowl game with this offense and it's affect on our recruiting, our defense, and our attendance.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. And work it out so CPJ leaves on a positive note. It's getting harder and harder to qualify for a bowl game with this offense and it's affect on our recruiting, our defense, and our attendance.

I have to laugh. This is exactly what was being said at Alabama in 1971 when Bear Bryant switched the offense to ... the wishbone.

I don't think there is any data that establishes a relationship between a team's offense and the effect it has on recruiting, defense, or attendance. Mostly, it's probably anecdotal evidence if there is any at all. No, I think if Tech were to go 12-0 every year and play for the national championship with this offense, most people would be just fine with that.

When I was at Tech and taking Transport Phenomenon with Dr. S. Peter Kezios, he said over and over, "Engineers don't live in an ideal world. They live in a world of constraints. And based on the constraints you have, you have to adjust your solution. Mechanical engineering is not Physics."

We need a program (recruiting, offense/defense, tutoring, development) that works for the school (and constraints) we have. Not the one we hope to have (e.g., be Alabama).

Football changed forever in 1970 with integration. Comparisons to Dodd, Neyland, Pop Warner are almost meaningless now.

I for one don't really care what we run. But, if the TO gives up the best opportunity to compete as a STEM school and remain in D1 ... I'm for it. If we change and we go 2-10 .... that will destroy attendance, recruiting, and donations more than anything.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
We are 15th in the country in points per play(2nd in ACC). 23rd in the country (4th in ACC)in offensive points per game.

Compare that(which isn’t even our best offensive year under CPJ) with Chan’s modern pro style offense under his best year (2006) with CALVIN JOHNSON. We were 52nd in points per play and 53th in points per game (averaging 12 points less than we are this year) and 74th in offensive points per game.

I think scoring regularly is more exciting than not, regardless of how the offense gets it done.

This issue is the defense which is 111th in the country in opponent’s points per play and 86th in the country in opponent’s offensive points per game. If CPJ should be fired, it’s for his defense, not because the offense is “boring”.
Dude, people aren't interested in facts

rhino gold

Georgia Tech Fan
I have to laugh. This is exactly what was being said at Alabama in 1971 when Bear Bryant switched the offense to ... the wishbone.

I don't think there is any data that establishes a relationship between a team's offense and the effect it has on recruiting, defense, or attendance. Mostly, it's probably anecdotal evidence if there is any at all. No, I think if Tech were to go 12-0 every year and play for the national championship with this offense, most people would be just fine with that.

When I was at Tech and taking Transport Phenomenon with Dr. S. Peter Kezios, he said over and over, "Engineers don't live in an ideal world. They live in a world of constraints. And based on the constraints you have, you have to adjust your solution. Mechanical engineering is not Physics."

We need a program (recruiting, offense/defense, tutoring, development) that works for the school (and constraints) we have. Not the one we hope to have (e.g., be Alabama).

Football changed forever in 1970 with integration. Comparisons to Dodd, Neyland, Pop Warner are almost meaningless now.

I for one don't really care what we run. But, if the TO gives up the best opportunity to compete as a STEM school and remain in D1 ... I'm for it. If we change and we go 2-10 .... that will destroy attendance, recruiting, and donations more than anything.
True what you said about comparisons after 1970. I may go back a little earlier to the time two platoon football emerged in the early 1960's. Changed recruiting and player size. Coaches who could adapt excelled. Those who couldn't didn't coach for long.

Animal02

Banned

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
It is getting harder to qualify for a bowl game because Tech has fallen so far behind in the $$$ wars. But then, that doesn't fit the narrative of the CPJ haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.