Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Uh not sure if serious on trying to improve. Tech is in a very delicate spot. Let's say we fire Paul Johnson and hire a Larry Fedora and tank to 1-11. We are already in a financial mess with coaches another "chance" puts you deeper in the hole. Sure we could hit it big but that is not the correct move at the moment.
Well, in your opinion, when would be theright time? One more year? two more years,3 more years, or just let pj pick the time? Meanwhile we continue to sink lower &lower, fan attendance average 20,000 , 6 & 6 , 7 & 5 seasons considered great?

What competency has CPJ shown that would enable him to offer any kind of productive input on the program? His hiring practices, media relations or recruiting? He is a glorified offensive coordinator not a P5 football coach. TStan should thank him for his service and let him hit the golf course when they decide the time is right.
Who is the 4th winningest active coach, has 2 national championships, turned the Navy program around and went to 7 bowl games and beat ND. Taken Tech to 3 ACCCG, 2 Orange Bowls and 2 11 win seasons,......yea what does he know.

Seriously wtf is your relation to CPJ?
My relation is that I have watched Tech Football since 1969 and CPJ has been the best coach we have had at Tech in my lifetime. Also in a Football World that is getting harder and harder for schools like Tech. He realizes that our shortcomings will always be Defense, as it always has. His style of offense keeps other teams off the field. Or tries to as sometimes he scores too quickly. I have watched pass happy coaches at Tech turn us into a toilet bowl team. CPJ will retire and then the question will be asked. For this year if we win our bowl game we will have an 8 win season. During the Rodgers, Curry, Lewis, and even Ross years this would be a very good season.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
My relation is that I have watched Tech Football since 1969 and CPJ has been the best coach we have had at Tech in my lifetime. Also in a Football World that is getting harder and harder for schools like Tech. He realizes that our shortcomings will always be Defense, as it always has. His style of offense keeps other teams off the field. Or tries to as sometimes he scores too quickly. I have watched pass happy coaches at Tech turn us into a toilet bowl team. CPJ will retire and then the question will be asked. For this year if we win our bowl game we will have an 8 win season. During the Rodgers, Curry, Lewis, and even Ross years this would be a very good season.
Your defence of everything CPJ does almost makes people just igonre what you are saying because you are never critical about anything

Your defence of everything CPJ does almost makes people just igonre what you are saying because you are never critical about anything
LOL, I don't need to be critical, there is enough of that right here on the board. I can give you critical, don't call a fake punt on your 25 yard line. For yesterday, don't go for it on 4and 6 punt it away and hope your D gets a lucky brake. Not sure TaQuon should have been the number 1 guy after we saw what Oliver had been doing. Oliver is a better passer as I noticed he bothers to look at more than 1 receiver. There, how is that.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We are hemorrhaging fans and constantly missing out on gaining new ones. The long term financial health of the program is in way worse shape than the short term.

Right now our financial strategy seems to be to squeeze blood out of a decreasing number of stones.

We have a way bigger issue than buyouts.

Firing Paul isn't going to make us have more fans in the next two years. Look at our surrounding schools they could all go 0-12 and still sellout

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ is going to be our coach next year and the year after we need something to amp up the fan base (more than just a locker room), was just talking with some other Alumni who said that as a whole the program just feels stale right now. It wasn't really until our last few games this season where we really saw what this team could be, all to have that crushed yesterday.
As a whole I think thats the challenge for Tstan at the moment, how to you keep selling CPJ to a fan base that is eroding and a majority are ready for something new.
Its a hard sell right now even knowing where this program needs to be at to compete with bigger schools. Tstand and CPJ both know what needs to be done to get the program to compete again, but as a whole CPJ is the face of it all right now

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Kliff Kingsbury got fired (foolishly) from Texas Tech. Now he would be a really good fit at GT. Get a DC and that looks not a bad hire at all.

His offense is exciting, he’s charismatic, he’s young, and he can recruit.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ is going to be our coach next year and the year after we need something to amp up the fan base (more than just a locker room), was just talking with some other Alumni who said that as a whole the program just feels stale right now. It wasn't really until our last few games this season where we really saw what this team could be, all to have that crushed yesterday.
As a whole I think thats the challenge for Tstan at the moment, how to you keep selling CPJ to a fan base that is eroding and a majority are ready for something new.
Its a hard sell right now even knowing where this program needs to be at to compete with bigger schools. Tstand and CPJ both know what needs to be done to get the program to compete again, but as a whole CPJ is the face of it all right now
I know CPJ has 2 good seasons but our fan base has been dwindling under him. He needs to take a lot of blame for that.

Sparkybob

Georgia Tech Fan
Kliff Kingsbury got fired (foolishly) from Texas Tech. Now he would be a really good fit at GT. Get a DC and that looks not a bad hire at all.

Kliff's record as a HC
8-5
4-8
7-6
5-7
6-7
5-7

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Last years recruiting class at Texas Tech was ranked in the 70's, and he's normally in the same ballpark as CPJs recruiting classes. In Texas. In a school without near the academic hurdles. Not hanging my hat on his recruiting ability. His offense is exciting, but it didn't win him enough games to stay a head coach though....

Status
Not open for further replies.