Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CUIEgrad21

Banned
CPJ is 5-6 against Clemson during his tenure and he’s 3-1 against Clemson at home. Not great but nothing like you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a losing record. Give Dabo 10 more years and Paul 10 more and it will a even wider margin.

Milwaukee

Banned
He has a losing record. Give Dabo 10 more years and Paul 10 more and it will a even wider margin.

Really, ya think, do ya sport? Dabo has more upside at Clemson than he would at Tech? You're on to something here. I change my mind, I like you.

You're one of those people that can't qualify for a decent college, let alone get into a decent one...so you pass off statements like "I almost went to Tech myself" when you and I both know the reality of the situation was you weren't close to even qualifying to be even considered for GT's graduate programs.

In all seriousness though, are you guys still running the $14.99 steamer pack promo? Krystals w/cheese minus the pickles please.

Come on man. You're letting your illogical hatred of PJ and his o shine through. Of course PJ tries to recruit the same athletic olinemen that Auburn, UGA, Clemson, etc recruit. Same goes with WR. He just can't reel them in. He can't reel them in because he can't overcome the stigma of the offense and school simultaneously. BTW, Thomas wasn't a very highly rated receiver in high school. He was a lowly 3 star.

I don't hate CPJ, I hate losing and irrelevancy.

Like you said, the offense is a negative stigma that makes recruiting harder than it already is. I'm tired of playing behind the 8-ball, esp. since it's resulted in a 1-3 start and likely, 3 of 4 missed bowls and losing seasons. It's year 11 - what we have now is the norm for this guy.

It's not illogical to hate losing. It's illogical to look at what's become our trend and think it's going to get any better under this coach with this scheme.

So why didn't any 5-star football player play for any other coach and any other offense we have had? Or do you not realize that Tech has NEVER signed a 5-star football player?

Calvin Johnson
https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits/

We don't get 4-stars anymore. Please stop defending the indefensible (though to your credit, no defense is a hallmark of the CPJ Era!) 3 of 4 losing seasons and missed bowls. IIWII and what it is is BS football and 6-7 win seasons, tops.

Hell, in year 11, the best we can do at QB is a converted RB!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Those guys are 38-6 under our current styles of offense. They’ve combined for 10k passing yards and nearly 100 passing TDs. Both have led their teams to a college football playoff.

I can promise you Kelly Bryant wouldn’t do well in a triple option. He can barely make the reads on our simplistic RPOs.

And you're woofing about Tech's offense being a hindrance?????? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CUIEgrad21

Banned
Really, ya think, do ya sport? Dabo has more upside at Clemson than he would at Tech? You're on to something here. I change my mind, I like you.

You're one of those people that can't qualify for a decent college, let alone get into a decent one...so you pass off statements like "I almost went to Tech myself" when you and I both know the reality of the situation was you weren't close to even qualifying to be even considered for GT's graduate programs.

In all seriousness though, are you guys still running the $14.99 steamer pack promo? Krystals w/cheese minus the pickles please.

Yea we are, do you want me cook you up some so you can take then to Charlotte for the Belk Bowl this year? Hell, what am I thinking. Y’all probably aren’t making a bowl.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't hate CPJ, I hate losing and irrelevancy.

Like you said, the offense is a negative stigma that makes recruiting harder than it already is. I'm tired of playing behind the 8-ball, esp. since it's resulted in a 1-3 start and likely, 3 of 4 missed bowls and losing seasons. It's year 11 - what we have now is the norm for this guy.

It's not illogical to hate losing. It's illogical to look at what's become our trend and think it's going to get any better under this coach with this scheme.

I actually don't mind you hating the system - I'm pissed because I like it and wish he would add some wrinkles to combat all of the negative recruiting. I was simply referring to your comments about him not even bothering to recruit good players or not going after players because they're not Navy enough. That's the biggest crock of crap that GT fans that hate PJ like to throw out.

Status
Not open for further replies.