Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson graduates more players than Tech. I can guarantee we do a better job at preparing our athletes for futures outside of football than Tech does.

Clemson is a UNIVERSITY with tons of majors that virtually any dummy can get a degree in. Tech is not a UNIVERSITY and has only limited fields of study for ALL students, including athletes. And the last I checked, Tech has a higher APR than Clemson, so your point is moot. Plus, I bet Tech athletes who graduate move on to much higher paying jobs than Clemson athletes.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually don't mind you hating the system - I'm pissed because I like it and wish he would add some wrinkles to combat all of the negative recruiting. I was simply referring to your comments about him not even bothering to recruit good players or not going after players because they're not Navy enough. That's the biggest crock of crap that GT fans that hate PJ like to throw out.

My biggest disappointment is that he did not evolve the offense to change the perception. Auburn runs similar offense but it is out of the shotgun - no stigma. I also have a hard time believing he would spend a lot of time wooing recruits like other college coaches are doing. You have to sell the vision and the program and it appears that he just wants to coach offense - not talk to the media and promote. Tech has a guy (Pastner) that is just the opposite - working his tail off to sell the program and recruit, I am not sure the results come for Pastner but I am impressed with his attitude and drive.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
My biggest disappointment is that he did not evolve the offense to change the perception. Auburn runs similar offense but it is out of the shotgun - no stigma. I also have a hard time believing he would spend a lot of time wooing recruits like other college coaches are doing. You have to sell the vision and the program and it appears that he just wants to coach offense - not talk to the media and promote. Tech has a guy (Pastner) that is just the opposite - working his tail off to sell the program and recruit, I am not sure the results come for Pastner but I am impressed with his attitude and drive.

Well if he gets no results it's not worth doing...

I think PJ could do minor tweaks to basically shut down all of the negative talk. Throw about 30-35% even when not needed to win. Use a gun package 15% of the time. Use a TE. Use 3 actual WR personnel or heaven forbid 4 WR. None of those significantly change the offense and he's the only coach in his tree that hasn't done something similar. Ivin Jasper does it. Monken does it. Don't know about Bohannon.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He attempted to evolve the offense. Have we all forgotten the Vad Lee years?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Rarely do I ever give up on a season so early. Even in 2015 I felt we had a few play makers things could turn around. This year I look at our roster and I just get depressed. Honestly I see no one on offense we could lean on to win a big game or any game. I hope these guys prove me wrong.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We can't recruit decent OLmen nor a QB who can complete an 8 yard pass and that's because of the gimmicky, archaic, scored-0-pts-vs-PITT offense we run.

Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas would never step foot on campus today, not that CPJ would bother trying to recruit them.

No amount of $$ spent nor facilities upgraded is going to make any 5-star football player want to play for this coach and this offense.
Without money, facilities, and commitment to football, Tech isn’t getting a 5 star player.

You’re advocating for a topical solution to a systemic problem.

Milwaukee

Banned
Rarely do I ever give up on a season so early. Even in 2015 I felt we had a few play makers things could turn around. This year I look at our roster and I just get depressed. Honestly I see no one on offense we could lean on to win a big game or any game. I hope these guys prove me wrong.

Is this related to this particular thread or are you just venting in a retarded manner in random threads?

Reactions: Eli

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is the reason we use 11 players on offense it is hard for only one player . ( there are time it could help to add a few more to the 11 and go with 15)

CUIEgrad21

Banned
Clemson is a UNIVERSITY with tons of majors that virtually any dummy can get a degree in. Tech is not a UNIVERSITY and has only limited fields of study for ALL students, including athletes. And the last I checked, Tech has a higher APR than Clemson, so your point is moot. Plus, I bet Tech athletes who graduate move on to much higher paying jobs than Clemson athletes.

Well ****, it’s too bad the College Football Playoff doesn’t award the National Championship based on academics and how much money you make from your degree. Georgia Tech actually might be relevant then.

CUIEgrad21

Banned
Lol no, and unfortunately for you, no amount of typing on internet message boards will ever make a Clemson degree as valuable as a Georgia Tech degree.

You know your football program is absolute **** when you fall back on academics as your saving grace in a discussion regarding your offensive scheme.

Milwaukee

Banned
It's time to face facts here people, that dude didn't graduate from Clemson or any 4 year school. He's just some white trash barking because his team is finally good. You've never heard a peep from this guy when Clemson was being all Clemson for the past 2 decades.

The troll joke is on us, and I bit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.