Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, why wouldn't CPJ do something like this? What is there to lose, assuming we are out of the ACC Coastal with 3 games left?
I like CPJ I do think it's time for him to go. But the few on here like you need to talk about something else about and not wanting to see him fired all the time. I still say most of the people who always say they want him fired are not season ticket holders. I like mike I know he wants to see him go but he does talk about other things.

I like CPJ I do think it's time for him to go. But the few on here like you need to talk about something else about and not wanting to see him fired all the time. I still say most of the people who always say they want him fired are not season ticket holders. I like mike I know he wants to see him go but he does talk about other things.

4 things:

1. Just a few posts ago, I said "I'd welcome CPJ back if he puts in a shotgun formation and lets Graham start the last 3 games. That would show the fans "Hey look at what's coming next year!"."

2. I've never actually said anything about him getting fired. I've also been on the record numerous times as believing he's our coach in 2019 regardless of what happens this year. While I DO want a new coach, I've not posted things about "wanting to see him fired all the time." I believe that situation will take care of itself. Again - no denial that I WANT a new HC but I don't go around posting about him getting fired.

3. This is a GT Fan Message Board. We are all free to post, respond to, and ignore any topics of our choosing as they relate to GT Football. You do not get to tell people what they should or should not talk about. I suggest ignoring topics that don't interest you. I mostly do that with Uniform threads, for example, rather than telling people not to talk about uniforms.

4. Literally, this is a thread about CPJ's Timeframe - how long he'll last, extensions, should he be fired/resign, etc. It's the wrong place for anyone to ask that people stop talking about CPJ's future here, since that's the topic itself: "What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?" (I answered that he's here thru 2020 season, FWIW)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
4 things:

1. Just a few posts ago, I said "I'd welcome CPJ back if he puts in a shotgun formation and lets Graham start the last 3 games. That would show the fans "Hey look at what's coming next year!"."

2. I've never actually said anything about him getting fired. I've also been on the record numerous times as believing he's our coach in 2019 regardless of what happens this year. While I DO want a new coach, I've not posted things about "wanting to see him fired all the time." I believe that situation will take care of itself. Again - no denial that I WANT a new HC but I don't go around posting about him getting fired.

3. This is a GT Fan Message Board. We are all free to post, respond to, and ignore any topics of our choosing as they relate to GT Football. You do not get to tell people what they should or should not talk about. I suggest ignoring topics that don't interest you. I mostly do that with Uniform threads, for example, rather than telling people not to talk about uniforms.

4. Literally, this is a thread about CPJ's Timeframe - how long he'll last, extensions, should he be fired/resign, etc. It's the wrong place for anyone to ask that people stop talking about CPJ's future here, since that's the topic itself: "What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?" (I answered that he's here thru 2020 season, FWIW)
I agree:cigar:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
4 things:

Ok if that is case I apologize to you. Like I said I like him but I do think it could be time for him to go. I also see him being back next year. I just like to talk about football before we know it we will be talking about the spring game and getting different opinions on who the QB will be next year

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
[QUOTE="RamblinRed, post: 476921, member:

The correct contact numbers are here - read Article I in the pdf.

https://hkm.com/football/contracts/paul-johnson/

My gut is unless the team tanks TStan gives him one more yr as he would likely have to start thinking of extending or renewing him after 2019 since he would have only 3 yrs left on the contract which is seen as a negative for recruiting.

The pdf is from a few years ago and says he has 2 left at $1m per. Is it possible that his new contract does not actually go into effect until after this season and so his buyout is $2m at end of season if he’s fired before New contract goes into effect?
I’ve just seen a lot of different information as to his buyout. I think Ken Seguira or someone at AJC reported it was $2m at end of year.

If we can get rid of him for $2m, we probably should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="RamblinRed, post: 476921, member:

The correct contact numbers are here - read Article I in the pdf.

https://hkm.com/football/contracts/paul-johnson/

My gut is unless the team tanks TStan gives him one more yr as he would likely have to start thinking of extending or renewing him after 2019 since he would have only 3 yrs left on the contract which is seen as a negative for recruiting.

The pdf is from a few years ago and says he has 2 left at $1m per. Is it possible that his new contract does not actually go into effect until after this season and so his buyout is $2m at end of season if he’s fired before New contract goes into effect?
I’ve just seen a lot of different information as to his buyout. I think Ken Seguira or someone at AJC reported it was $2m at end of year.

If we can get rid of him for $2m, we probably should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info,LawTalking Jacket(y)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Frankly, why wouldn't CPJ do something like this? What is there to lose, assuming we are out of the ACC Coastal with 3 games left?

The only reason i can thi k he wouldnt is if graham isnt completely physically ready and he doesnt want to risk injury. Nothing worse than getting injured in november and having to miss spring rehabing when he might be the qb of the future

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The only reason i can thi k he wouldnt is if graham isnt completely physically ready and he doesnt want to risk injury. Nothing worse than getting injured in november and having to miss spring rehabing when he might be the qb of the future
Not sure how much he is getting to do at practice. Any word about how bad TQM was hurt last game ?

Ok if that is case I apologize to you. Like I said I like him but I do think it could be time for him to go. I also see him being back next year. I just like to talk about football before we know it we will be talking about the spring game and getting different opinions on who the QB will be next year

no harm, no foul. we both want the same thing for GT football! (y)

yeah thats a good point. I do hope we see the kid a bit more though.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
4 things:

Great post, especially #s 3 and 4 !!

PTCjacket

Banned

Then start another thread to talk about something else. It's pretty simple.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

One possible theory is the awareness of JG's physical condition/risk of injury as jgt noted above. Another theory: he is in the predicament of needing to have a good showing (wins) during the home stretch. So he needs to play the guy who he believes gives him the best chance TODAY. Same as he chooses the other 21 starters. If the 2 headed QB monster creates more problems than it solves (as it has more often than not) then he has poured gas on his own fire, A difficult dilemma to be in for any coach.

Why would we burn the redshirt with 5 games left in the season in regards to Graham. And if he is so good, why is he not the number 2 guy. Also Oliver has shown me he can play and will probably be the starter next year. As for changing the offense, yea we did that for Vad Lee....how'd that work out. Our offense is fine, with the exception being that TQM really can't throw. Then you say well replace him....yea right...a guy who was voted unanimous team captain prior to the season.....so you want the locker room in a revolt....like the Bill Lewis years.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
With CPJ, I have just gotten tired of the same refrains most every year. He ( and staff ) recruit the players , they coach the players , they critique the players , they develop a game plan to use those players they recruited and coached - for several years - and we still see and hear " poor execution " , " too many mistakes" , " we were doing it in practice ", " can't put ( fill in the blank) balls on the ground and expect to win " , " we are simplifying the offense/defense ", " that's on me ( CPJ )", and then we go out and beat some team - like BG or UL and " we're back !! Only to fall flat against a team we should be evenly matched with. JUST. REALLY. TIRED. !!

With CPJ, I have just gotten tired of the same refrains most every year. He ( and staff ) recruit the players , they coach the players , they critique the players , they develop a game plan to use those players they recruited and coached - for several years - and we still see and hear " poor execution " , " too many mistakes" , " we were doing it in practice ", " can't put ( fill in the blank) balls on the ground and expect to win " , " we are simplifying the offense/defense ", " that's on me ( CPJ )", and then we go out and beat some team - like BG or UL and " we're back !! Only to fall flat against a team we should be evenly matched with. JUST. REALLY. TIRED. !!

And in 2016 we started out the same way and at 5-4 then won out. Football is a game of confidence and momentum. When we went up to Va Tech and crushed them with a second string QB, Center and BB, the team believed. Coaches can coach and recruit, but they can't control what goes on inside of the head of an 18-22 year old.

64jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes PJ must go !! Not this ONE more year crap I've been reading. The rebuilding starts now. Bye they way .If one thinks next year looks better your fooling yourself. GO JACKETS MAKE THAT CHANGE !!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
And in 2016 we started out the same way and at 5-4 then won out. Football is a game of confidence and momentum. When we went up to Va Tech and crushed them with a second string QB, Center and BB, the team believed. Coaches can coach and recruit, but they can't control what goes on inside of the head of an 18-22 year old.
Just some coaches apparently can better than others.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Our offense is fine, with the exception being that TQM really can't throw. Then you say well replace him....yea right...a guy who was voted unanimous team captain prior to the season.....so you want the locker room in a revolt....like the Bill Lewis years.

My car is great except the motor has thrown a rod. A slight exaggeration perhaps but illustrates the point. Clemson and Duke have demonstrated what happens when teams sell out to stop the run and you can't make them pay. They have flipped the script and are getting the numbers advantage on us. I get maintaining team unity...but losing is another way to lose the locker room. I get that CPJ believes he gives us the best chance to win...but this offense needs some sort of spark outside of playing bad teams. The team, like most of them, probably have sentimental or emotional favorites. But winning reduces the tension when playing an underclassman over a senior. I don't think Clemson has suffered any by starting the true FR. over the guy who took them to the CFP last year.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.