Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Pardon me, I must have water in my ear. Did you say that "Tech fans' expectations are extremely reasonable compared to other fanbases. We are pretty patient, too."? Yes, I see that you did.

Now I have to ask what part of Neptune are you writing from? I've seen nothing but impatience with our football situation from many of our fans here and at other sites for years. And the argument has always been the same: they want Tech to either a) become another Clemson or b) recruit like Clemson without changing anything else. This almost defines the term "unrealistic expectations" but it keeps going on, in the face of years of experience that should have convinced people that they are talking nonsense.

You keep saying that we don't differ that much and in most areas you are right. Not here.

Yeah, I said it and I'm correct. I am not talking about the vocal minority that has been whining on message boards for years. I am talking about the average fan and those of us who were vocal CPJ supporters up until this season.

Unrealistic expectations? Dwag fans ran off Richt because he only averaged 9 or 10 wins. Now, Miami fans are ready to run him off even though he brought them back to relevance a year ago. Auburn fans want to raise 30 million dollars to get rid of the guy who once took them to a national title game and won 10 games last year and beat Bama and uga.

What do Tech fans expect? Go to a bowl most every year? Beat uga once every 3-4 years? Don't put an embarrasing clown show on the field? By these metrics, we are just 1 for 3 right now. I dont expect to recruit or play like Clemson, but cmon.

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
What do Tech fans expect? Go to a bowl most every year? Beat uga once every 3-4 years? Don't put an embarrasing clown show on the field? By these metrics, we are just 1 for 3 right now. I dont expect to recruit or play like Clemson, but cmon.

It’s what you are used to. My nephews went to Alabama. All they have ever known is Saban. And winning.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I would hope if they are true Tech fans they would come to see the players. And I would guess some on here who have said they would not come are not season ticket holders.
GT isn't the only school that's having home attendance problems #14 Kentucky couldn't sell out their homecoming game tonight against Vanderbilt:rolleyes::LOL: Kentucky has had problems with attendance problems at home all season:cigar:

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
After UVA beating Duke today by two TD’s I think its becoming more clear that we’ll be going 4-8 this year and that’s if we beat UNC which is just plain pitiful. Sad to know we’ll be next to last in the coastal and a good chance finishing in the bottom 4 of the conference.

Letting CPJ come back next year shouldn’t even be a discussion. It’s clear it’s time for a change. People talk about how bad we’ll be for a couple of years until the new coach gets his recruits in for their system and get going but it can’t be much if any worse than this.

If they do let him go I’m ready to see the different people they reach out to and the ones that take interviews and nervous to see who they’ll hire. There’s been a lot of interesting names be thrown around on here, ready to see if any of us are right. Reguardless of who it ends up being it’s time to gamble on a new coach and new scheme.

Yeah, I said it and I'm correct. I am not talking about the vocal minority that has been whining on message boards for years. I am talking about the average fan and those of us who were vocal CPJ supporters up until this season.

Unrealistic expectations? Dwag fans ran off Richt because he only averaged 9 or 10 wins. Now, Miami fans are ready to run him off even though he brought them back to relevance a year ago. Auburn fans want to raise 30 million dollars to get rid of the guy who once took them to a national title game and won 10 games last year and beat Bama and uga.

Agreed - I literally see no one asking for Clemson nor Clemson-like recruiting.

I don't think it's too much to want winning seasons, being competitive with the Dukes and PITTs of the conference, beating the mutts 40-50% of the time, and going to a bowl game annually. 7 wins should be our floor.

We are absolutely one of the most patient fanbases in America. Most fanbases would run a coach out of town who loses 4 of 5 to lowly Duke. Instead, we extend ours.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
After UVA beating Duke today by two TD’s I think its becoming more clear that we’ll be going 4-8 this year and that’s if we beat UNC which is just plain pitiful. Sad to know we’ll be next to last in the coastal and a good chance finishing in the bottom 4 of the conference.

Letting CPJ come back next year shouldn’t even be a discussion. It’s clear it’s time for a change. People talk about how bad we’ll be for a couple of years until the new coach gets his recruits in for their system and get going but it can’t be much if any worse than this.

If they do let him go I’m ready to see the different people they reach out to and the ones that take interviews and nervous to see who they’ll hire. There’s been a lot of interesting names be thrown around on here, ready to see if any of us are right. Reguardless of who it ends up being it’s time to gamble on a new coach and new scheme.
We need something to turn the negativity of our current FB program around. Whether a change of the current head coach is the answer or not something positive has to be done. A big year in 2019 with a more open offense could help if we can have a strong season. We are going to run into who will be the next coach anyway in a couple of years with PJ. Kids want to know who will be their coach in their Jr and Sr years. We will have a new QB next year regardless. I see more of the same with TO but he might actually be a better passer if PJ would take the halter off. Sorry LJ got hurt. He may have opened things up.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We need something to turn the negativity of our current FB program around. Whether a change of the current head coach is the answer or not something positive has to be done. A big year in 2019 with a more open offense could help if we can have a strong season. We are going to run into who will be the next coach anyway in a couple of years with PJ. Kids want to know who will be their coach in their Jr and Sr years. We will have a new QB next year regardless. I see more of the same with TO but he might actually be a better passer if PJ would take the halter off. Sorry LJ got hurt. He may have opened things up.
I think if CPJ is canned this December or December 2019 the football program will struggle for the following 3 seasons trying to find it's identity in the new offense that the next head coach will install.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
With a SOLID OL , and Philip Rivers, the Charger's offense is rolling. Very innovative and UNPREDICTABLE.
I am interested to see how Ken has developed as an OC. Anyone else ?
Ken Whisenhunt=Chan Gailey:rolleyes: I would rather have Ex-Falcons head coach Mike Smith coaching GT than Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Smith would be like Chan Gailey also:rolleyes:

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Ken Whisenhurt=Chan Gailey:rolleyes: I would rather have Ex-Falcons head coach Mike Smith coaching GT than Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Smith would be like Chan Gailey also:rolleyes:
I did not have that impression of him. But in the lead up to the game James Brown was saying that the Charger's offense was keeping defenses off balance.
Packers have a bye week. I am not following the Falcons much, so the pickins' are kinda slim today......:unsure:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I did not have that impression of him. But in the lead up to the game James Brown was saying that the Charger's offense was keeping defenses off balance.
Packers have a bye week. I am not following the Falcons much, so the pickins' are kinda slim today......:unsure:
I wont be watching too much NFL football today since the Falcons play on Monday Night;)

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Here’s an idea Tech fans: If you would have gone to a bowl game with Tech this year, take the money you would have spent and send it in to TStan with an earmark. I know there are a lot of variables, but if it would average $1,000 per person and 4,000 people would have traveled to that game, that’s $4,000,000. What is CPJ’s buyout...?

Status
Not open for further replies.