Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The hell does that even mean? The Hewitt buyout is almost all paid anyways and what we have left is small. The Hewitt buyout has minimal impact on any decision we make now, and if it does then we should save money by not paying Johnson 3 mil a year to miss bowl games. Not sure the point of the ron zook tangent you went on. You can find examples of every type of head coach that was terrible and if that is your view then you're just trying to find reasons to keep a failing coach out of fear that something new won't work.

Simmer down it was TIC not meant to be serious besides I did not know that the Hewitt buyout was about done, Lord knows it has been going on for what seems like forever.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I suspect at quarterback, no one is behind anybody for next year...it's wide open for CPJ to make his choice just as he did to our suprise with TQM. It is clear that TO, JG and LJ are super athletic, so that is exciting. TO seemed steps faster than TQM and should have been put in earlier since it was clear TQM was hurt and limping from an injury sustained earlier in the game...

Sometimes it is hard to say with Marshall if he is at full speed or not. Seems like he is always getting dinged up which comes with the territory as an option quarterback.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He looks like my US history teacher in High School:cigar:

My sister in law is a huge Auburn fan. She played on the very first Auburn softball team back in the early 1970s. Anyway, we were watching Auburn playing Tennessee and it was interesting to watch Gus' version of the spread option. He does a lot of interesting twists and plays that are not usually part of the zone read package for that offense. The thing about his offense is that it requires the quarterback to play at a very high level to be successful. The pressure on the quarterback from a mental standpoint must be huge. There is a lot of feast and famine with his offense and in that Tennessee game there was just way too much famine. Don't sleep on this team though, their defensive line is very good. D backs not so much. Tennessee's receivers were toying with them.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My sister in law is a huge Auburn fan. She played on the very first Auburn softball team back in the early 1970s. Anyway, we were watching Auburn playing Tennessee and it was interesting to watch Gus' version of the spread option. He does a lot of interesting twists and plays that are not usually part of the zone read package for that offense. The thing about his offense is that it requires the quarterback to play at a very high level to be successful. The pressure on the quarterback from a mental standpoint must be huge. There is a lot of feast and famine with his offense and in that Tennessee game there was just way too much famine. Don't sleep on this team though, their defensive line is very good. D backs not so much. Tennessee's receivers were toying with them.
If I were Todd Stansbury and i'm looking for a new head coach i would call him for an interview to gauge his interest in GT

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Vespidae,one thing you can count on with LSU is that Ed Orgeron will have them on NCAA Probation sometime very soon. Ed is as dirty of a recruiter as there is in College Football.

If that means we beat the hell out of ugag - not one damn problem.

We already have a Pres cheating the taxpayers and discriminating against certain student groups and that doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If I were Todd Stansbury and i'm looking for a new head coach i would call him for an interview to gauge his interest in GT

To be perfectly honest, this will elicit hoots of laughter from Auburn fans, but Gus would an interesting hire. His offense is fascinating to watch because he does so much with it (too clever by half sometimes) and it is as wide open as they come. Has to have the right quarterback who is willing to learn the nuances. Graham might be ideal for this offense if people were patient. Receivers would have to be far better than what we have now. I don't even want to think about the offensive line transitioning to this offense it would be a horror show for the ages.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
To be perfectly honest, this will elicit hoots of laughter from Auburn fans, but Gus would an interesting hire. His offense is fascinating to watch because he does so much with it (too clever by half sometimes) and it is as wide open as they come. Has to have the right quarterback who is willing to learn the nuances. Graham might be ideal for this offense if people were patient. Receivers would have to be far better than what we have now. I don't even want to think about the offensive line transitioning to this offense it would be a horror show for the ages.
He would get a lot of coverage for GT's football program which is what it needs and it would help with recruiting:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.