Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's the short list from CBS. Personally, we need Lane Kiffin. We will probably get Ken N.

1. Lane Kiffin, Florida Atlantic coach:

2. Mike Norvell, Memphis coach:

3. Greg Schiano, Ohio State defensive coordinator:

4. Neal Brown, Troy coach:

5. Ken Niumatalolo, Navy coach:

Honorable Mention: Mike Elko, Texas A&M defensive coordinator; Scott Satterfield, Appalachian State coach, Jason Candle, Toledo coach; Pete Kwiatkowski, Washington defensive coordinator
GT should give up on option offense head coaches unless they want BDS to be 1/4 full or less in the future

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Here's the short list from CBS. Personally, we need Lane Kiffin. We will probably get Ken N.

Honorable Mention: Mike Elko, Texas A&M defensive coordinator; Scott Satterfield, Appalachian State coach, Jason Candle, Toledo coach; Pete Kwiatkowski, Washington defensive coordinator

I think there will be tremendous pushback about Ken N. I think a lot of folks want to see a more modern offensive scheme. Personally, I want whatever creates Ws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Lane Kiffin may be slimy but he would get GT a lot of needed media coverage(y)

Milwaukee

Banned

I'm all in for PJ staying, but if a decision has already been made that he's headed out and we can get Kiffin then sign me the **** up for that. Hell yes.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer

Why Ken and not Jeff Monken? Personally if we're keeping the option I want Willy Fritz, then Monken. Don't want Ken. He is getting pretty old. If the option was scrapped I'd want Neal Brown first, then Lane Kiffin. I think App State is a "factory" of sorts. It seems every coach has success there, so I wouldn't touch Satterfield. Edit to say Ken isn't old, still don't want him, I have no reason why, I don't think he brings anything to the table Paul doesn't.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Why Ken and not Jeff Monken? Personally if we're keeping the option I want Willy Fritz, then Monken. Don't want Ken. He is getting pretty old. If the option was scrapped I'd want Neal Brown first, then Lane Kiffin. I think App State is a "factory" of sorts. It seems every coach has success there, so I wouldn't touch Satterfield.
Willie is doing poorly at Tulane his record there is 11-19

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I'm all in for PJ staying, but if a decision has already been made that he's headed out and we can get Kiffin then sign me the **** up for that. Hell yes.

I just read Lane’s Wikipedia page. Do you think GT would hire someone with his background? Maybe they would but I’m having trouble seeing that happen.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I just read Lane’s Wikipedia page. Do you think GT would hire someone with his background? Maybe they would but I’m having trouble seeing that happen.

If Lane Kiffin got GT playing great football he might leave for another school like Oklahoma in the future if they were looking for a head football coach. That wouldn't bother me because the program would be a lot better off than when he got here.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Why Ken and not Jeff Monken? Personally if we're keeping the option I want Willy Fritz, then Monken. Don't want Ken. He is getting pretty old. If the option was scrapped I'd want Neal Brown first, then Lane Kiffin. I think App State is a "factory" of sorts. It seems every coach has success there, so I wouldn't touch Satterfield.
I thought Fritz was really doing good job at GA Southern when we played them in 2014. They almost beat us and it took an overturn on a replay and late heroics by JT to pull it out late. That was Orange Bowl year. We are a better program than tulane and he recruited GA as well. He runs an offense that kids like.

Status
Not open for further replies.