Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have knowledge from unknown and unreliable sources that Satterfield sent Woody to Tech to install his defense in preparation for his own coming after this season or next.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Aww, c’mon man. Look at you starting rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
You do understand that the assistant coaches do the VAST majority of recruiting don't you? The head coach is limited to ONE in home visit with a recruit. Why do you think PJ is not a good recruiter?

I already explained this in my first post on this topic. A young, energetic coach would absolutely improve recruiting. CPJ has never put a big emphasis on it, and has mentioned many times how he thinks the rankings are not worth crap. He just doesn't have the personality of a recruiter, or someone who tries to sell the program or hype it up at all.

Then you factor in the limitations our offense imposes on our recruiting, and that explains perfectly why I think he's not a good recruiter. I'm shocked that anyone is trying to argue that he IS a good recruiter, this is the first time I've seen that.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
LOL. If only USF didn't have the great Charlie Strong, we might have had a chance. :ROFLMAO:

Strong may have failed at texas but he's a great coach. He made something out of nothing at lousiville and is doing well at USF, he could have also sat a year after texas and probably picked up a higher level job. The guy likes to coach.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Strong may have failed at texas but he's a great coach. He made something out of nothing at lousiville and is doing well at USF, he could have also sat a year after texas and probably picked up a higher level job. The guy likes to coach.

So you're saying the reason we lost that game is because CPJ was out-coached. Now I get it, you're saying we should upgrade and hire Strong this offseason. ;)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
So you're saying the reason we lost that game is because CPJ was out-coached. Now I get it, you're saying we should upgrade and hire Strong this offseason. ;)

No because the reasons strong couldn't make texas work aren't going to magically get better here. a Former five star QB isn't going to transfer into tech and run his system. And he's not recruiting one either.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I already explained this in my first post on this topic. A young, energetic coach would absolutely improve recruiting. CPJ has never put a big emphasis on it, and has mentioned many times how he thinks the rankings are not worth crap. He just doesn't have the personality of a recruiter, or someone who tries to sell the program or hype it up at all.

Then you factor in the limitations our offense imposes on our recruiting, and that explains perfectly why I think he's not a good recruiter. I'm shocked that anyone is trying to argue that he IS a good recruiter, this is the first time I've seen that.

Where did I say he was a good recruiter? Please don't try and put words in my mouth. A HC is limited to ONE in home visit with a recruit. Identifying, contacting, film review is all the area assistant coaches responsibility. They do run any request for an offer by PJ for his okay but recruiting falls in the job description for the assistant coaches. The HC at any school is the closer and neither you or I can know what percentage of recruits PH closes on and the one that are misses. All the energy and such you refer to, how do you know how PJ is when he is face to face with a recruit? Have you ever met him? Had the chance to actually talk to him? I've never heard a recruit, parent or HS head coach say that PJ can't or won't recruit. Unless you have facts to support what you're saying it's not anything more than your opinion.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Where did I say he was a good recruiter? Please don't try and put words in my mouth. A HC is limited to ONE in home visit with a recruit. Identifying, contacting, film review is all the area assistant coaches responsibility. They do run any request for an offer by PJ for his okay but recruiting falls in the job description for the assistant coaches. The HC at any school is the closer and neither you or I can know what percentage of recruits PH closes on and the one that are misses. All the energy and such you refer to, how do you know how PJ is when he is face to face with a recruit? Have you ever met him? Had the chance to actually talk to him? I've never heard a recruit, parent or HS head coach say that PJ can't or won't recruit. Unless you have facts to support what you're saying it's not anything more than your opinion.

You asked if GT can improve recruiting and I answered. I never said they were facts. Chill out, sorry that my opinion gets you so upset.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
You asked if GT can improve recruiting and I answered. I never said they were facts. Chill out, sorry that my opinion gets you so upset.

Not upset, frustrated with what I perceive is folks not recognizing just what a roll of the dice is hiring a new coach is whether it's this year or whenever the end of PJ's tenure is. I can't think of another program that is harder to find the right coach than Tech

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Not upset, frustrated with what I perceive is folks not recognizing just what a roll of the dice is hiring a new coach is whether it's this year or whenever the end of PJ's tenure is. I can't think of another program that is harder to find the right coach than Tech
Vanderbilt has their problems in that area also and so do Tulane and Rice while Duke lucked out hiring Coach Cut;)(y)

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Just curious of your opinion but, what is the right coach for Tech?

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck

It is a risk, but at this point most fans are ready to take it. You might be right in the long run that CPJ can turn the ship around, but right now you're in the minority. We'll see what happens, all I know is I want what's best for GT, as do 99% of us here.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Try Tennessee. They fire a natty winner and then it’s a parade. Butch Jones was seventh on the list. And ... they have the money. The facilities. The fan base.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

And you don't recognize that sticking with Johnson is also a roll of the dice. We rolled the dice last year when we extended Johnson after missing a bowl. So far it looks like we lost that gamble. You don't throw bad money after good. Sometimes you have to gold and gamble on a new hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.