Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin741

Banned
Yes Clemson fans said the same thing.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on thinking Key is the next Dabo, but whatever floats your boat. Feels like our fan base is grasping at straws at this point thinking we need a GT guy ( Didnt we just try that with Ted Roof?) or hoping Frost goes 0-12 so we could hire him. T Stan has his work cut out for him, it is what it is

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn’t hold my breath on thinking Key is the next Dabo, but whatever floats your boat. Feels like our fan base is grasping at straws at this point thinking we need a GT guy ( Didnt we just try that with Ted Roof?) or hoping Frost goes 0-12 so we could hire him. T Stan has his work cut out for him, it is what it is

We might as well hire Howard Schnellenberger. He’s 84, but st least he’s experienced turning around dead programs.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I still like CPJ but I do hope at the end of this year he is ready to retire. My fear is he won't and our AD won't do anything. Lots of names have come up but we are not going to get them and I don't see any of them wanting to come here. Tech is not that great of of job that some think it is with all the baggage the head coach has to work around. I really think the best we can do is hire an up and coming coach who is willing to work hard 26 hours a day. ( yes I know there are 24 hours in a day ) maybe we can keep him a few years.
I believe our fans have more power than they think. Just email T. Stan and say unless there is a coaching change for 2019 I will not buy my usual season tickets.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ will get one more year. This year's team looks like about 2 more wins to finish 5-7. No bowl , little , if any improvement. IMO , if we can't get MUCH better OL play and adequate depth we will not improve. Obviously Duke has upgraded. We will be overmatched against VT , too. Can we beat a mediocre UVA team at their place ? Good question. Miami ? Slim chance at best. Dwags ? No way. UNC possibly.
"TQM will be much improved", "With a years experience our OL will be nasty ", " We have good OL depth, best in years !" Remember when we were saying those things not so long ago ? So 7 games in and where are we ? TQM - love the guy, but he is playing out of position. OL depth ? Don't even start ! Nasty ? Don't make me laugh ! WE. SIMPLY. DO. NOT. HAVE. ENOUGH. GOOD. PLAYERS. And one more year of experience, weight room , practicing and coaching will not change that , IMO !!

I see a team that puts it all together one more time and ends the year at 4-8.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say Key would be good or bad your reading things in what I said, you made a statement and all I said was that is the some things Clemson fans said about Dabo

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said in his presser this week he would love to get more recruits from outside the south, like all the way out in California if we had more recruiting staff. Tstan is supposed to be working on that. But really does anyone think we can get those recruits and or will it make a difference?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said in his presser this week he would love to get more recruits from outside the south, like all the way out in California if we had more recruiting staff. Tstan is supposed to be working on that. But really does anyone think we can get those recruits and or will it make a difference?

UT opened a FT office in So Cal to recruit. 15 cities account for 80% of the best recruits. Guess how many we recruit in? One.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe our fans have more power than they think. Just email T. Stan and say unless there is a coaching change for 2019 I will not buy my usual season tickets.
Everyone needs to be more patient...getting a new coach next year would only put us further behind. We can’t afford a top coach with a good staff, so we need to wait this out a couple years. TStans plan is to continue raising money and developing the facilities so he can grab a top coach in a couple years. It will be a lot easier to get a quality coach if TStan can show the improvements he’s made and money he’s raised...too early for that now.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Everyone needs to be more patient...getting a new coach next year would only put us further behind. We can’t afford a top coach with a good staff, so we need to wait this out a couple years. TStans plan is to continue raising money and developing the facilities so he can grab a top coach in a couple years. It will be a lot easier to get a quality coach if TStan can show the improvements he’s made and money he’s raised...too early for that now.
If things don't change at GT at head coach it could be way worse in 2019 with 2 wins a possibility:vomit:

2019 GT football schedule

USF
The Citadel
Temple
NCSU
North Carolina
Pitt
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Duke
Miami
Virginia
UGAG

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

See what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree, but the poor attendance may well force his hand. Less than half full on a beautiful fall day for Homecoming is unsustainable. Stansbury has to be thinking, "How bad could this get in one more down year?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I think we might get those recruits and we won't get them unless we try, although CPJ might not be the best coach to lure them in. We certainly DO need a bigger recruiting staff and we need to target kids who want what we have to offer.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Problem is TStan probably wont be able to raise that money without a new head coach. That is the reality of the AD job.

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
One idea would be to hire Jeff Monken as a coach in waiting, The same thing Bobby Bowden at Florida State did with Jimbo Fisher; now the head coach at Texas A&M; CPJ would would become a fiqure head and gradually hand off the play calling duties and Offensive Coord. responsibility to Monken; Monken could then install some more modern updated principles of the option attack like he has done with Army. Monken is younger and I think would fit in well being and ex GT coach and friend of CPJ's. I think this gradual hand off would be better than going out and hiring a new coach with a complete different offensive philosophy that would take 3 or 4 years install and we would be no better off regarding win/loss record. I think the Hill could run with this idea and aprove the hire.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
One idea would be to hire Jeff Monken as a coach in waiting, The same thing Bobby Bowden at Florida State did with Jimbo Fisher; now the head coach at Texas A&M; CPJ would would become a fiqure head and gradually hand off the play calling duties and Offensive Coord. responsibility to Monken; Monken could then install some more modern updated principles of the option attack like he has done with Army. Monken is younger and I think would fit in well being and ex GT coach and friend of CPJ's. I think this gradual hand off would be better than going out and hiring a new coach with a complete different offensive philosophy that would take 3 or 4 years install and we would be no better off regarding win/loss record. I think the Hill could run with this idea and aprove the hire.
I'm against hiring Jeff Monken because i want a GT head coach to be hired who doesn't run the option offense

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure I would want head coach that would take a step back to get a job as head coach in waiting.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I Iove the option and loved that GA southern tried to keep it for a.good while after CPJ. My issue is that we don't seem to be able to get kids that are good against good Ds anymore . Louville was the best Ive seen our O since last year, but it was Louville . We're having trouble on O on schools that we used to be putting up big numbers on.
I'm just not sure that an option problem or a recruiting issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.