Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
You didn't make an argument. You made an assertion. You didn't address the data about the ADs potential impact on AD hiring in part for budgetary reasons.

Still, I appreciate that sometimes a stomped foot and repeated opinion is the best argument available.
IIWII

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Coach Pastner was brought in with his recruiting acumen being a major selling point. He even went as far as saying he didn't want to hire guys who play golf because it means they don't recruit hard enough (humorous hyperbole, I'm not sure). He's whiffed pretty hard since he's been here with recruits, mostly getting under-the-radar or project players with high ceilings (sound familiar).
Alvarado and Devoe aren't under the radar.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll give you Devoe but Alvarado was a 3 star on the composite rankings and is a project player. Pastner has signed ~10 kids since he's been here and 1 is a 4 star.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'll give you Devoe but Alvarado was a 3 star on the composite rankings and is a project player. Pastner has signed ~10 kids since he's been here and 1 is a 4 star.
That depends on the site that you look at. Alvarado, Devoe, Moore, and Sjolound have all been rated 4 stars by at least 1 site.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The season will tell us a lot.

Lasts years all in bet on marshall being able to pass lead us into an embarrassing final 6 quarters.

Our next 2 games are against OK teams that have tall & large QB. The Duke qb has thrown one pass interception. How the coaches and guys navigate this will tell us if a lot..

But how they handle the final 5 will really be more telling. We play 3 of the big 4 ( C,VT,M,UGA) and 2 are road games.

WE HAVE A TOUGH SCHEDULE save Inc andc uva!
1. Dog up the next 2 and get stomped by remaining big three would be embarrassing way to end the season. All L against the big 4 would makes 3W and 13L in lauga! = ouch.
Lots of very mad gt fans and T stan earns his money.

2. And a hoped ( and imo possible) for alternate is we win 5 of next 7 with some blow out victories and no embarrassing games. 2 W against big 4 would be great. That's should make every one happy. Joy joy joy and the gt TO bus rolls on for 10 more years!

3. It will probably be a little of both with hopefully no football like the last 6 quarters of 17. Then on to 19 for another try to tweak the offense.

No need to argue till we are back at 3 in Nov. 2018 it's time
Please wait to give pay raise or to fire coach

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think it's just become popular on this message board and another to just worship PJ!! Most of the people on here that do , don't have any reason to it's just go with the crowd. If you talk to people outside our fanbase they wonder why PJ is still here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tell ya one thing UGAG fans are glad is here and that's scary
They do easily forget that they are 2-2 against us the past 4 years. I have to remind them all the time

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win tonight but imo still doesn’t change that it’s time for CPJ to hit the road and bring in Key

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Put whatever stat you want out there , bottom line is : we’ve had 2 losing seasons out of last 3. Might be on our way again . Chan got crucified around here & he never had less than 7 wins . Paul won 20 of his games with Chan’s players . Has PJ gotten a RB anything like Dwyer ?
Mills

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The Louisville win gives us a great comparison between two coaches. CPJ has gotten directly involved in QB coaching , and probably the entire offense since the loss to Clemson ( 8 fumbles !) and the improvements have been impressive. He may have turned the entire season around. By contrast, Petrino's team looks like it's in free fall. Of course, any coach compared to Petrino would probably look good, but still it's worth considering, IMO.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The Louisville win gives us a great comparison between two coaches. CPJ has gotten directly involved in QB coaching , and probably the entire offense since the loss to Clemson ( 8 fumbles !) and the improvements have been impressive. He may have turned the entire season around. By contrast, Petrino's team looks like it's in free fall. Of course, any coach compared to Petrino would probably look good, but still it's worth considering, IMO.
At the same time note that Johnson said after the game he had "simplified" the offense to shuck some of the apparent confusion away from it. There is still enough option there to make it entertaining, though.

Weve got the Perfect Option the Perfect Option........When you throw the ball three things can happen and two of them aint good, Bear Bryant...........Long live the Flex Bone Spread Option at Georgia Tech.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win tonight but imo still doesn’t change that it’s time for CPJ to hit the road and bring in Key
I agree on the PJ part , & couple weeks ago I was on the Key wagon , but after looking at some old UCF message boards , Key was not liked at all there . Kinda made me wonder , but the fact that Saban would hire him has to prove something

Status
Not open for further replies.