Pastner Staff Thread

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
I see we have updated the roster with the new Director of Operations and Director of Video...any word on the Director of Player Development? Huff?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-10-08-29-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-10-08-29-34.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 105

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So a friend/Arizona alum at work just gave me this theory that former Arizona Wildcat & Atlanta Hawk, Salim Stoudamire, will end up on our staff, primarily because his Instagram indicates he's working out at GT a decent amount. It's certainly a possibility, but I would note that a lot of former players from many schools work out at GT in the offseason and he may just be putting videos together to show off his capabilities as a trainer.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
Pretty sure Salim lives in ATL...he does have his degree though so who knows, maybe.

Damon might be putting a bug in Josh's ear to add him too.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pretty sure Salim lives in ATL...he does have his degree though so who knows, maybe.

Damon might be putting a bug in Josh's ear to add him too.

Yeah, I think there are reasons to think it's possible (lives in ATL, Zona connection, Pastner's past history of hiring buddies), but this could just as easily be my friend reading way too much in to an instagram video. Figured I'd throw it out there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sounds like a plausible theory borne of your friend's overactive imagination. Gotta love imagination so I'll roll with it.

Is Stoudamire seeking an opportunity like this or is he just out to be a trainer/shooting coach or whatever?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The dude is one of the best shooters I've seen in the past 15 years or so. If he was inside half court you better be on him. If he is in a minor role with the program I'd welcome him

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hate that fool and all of the Italian team. In fact, the only guy I hate more on that team is Materazzi.
Oh. You're just a whiny France fan. Got it.

Back to the topic at hand, I do like the way the new staff seems to have ramped up its use of social media. It's something we've lacked in the past. Pastner's stuff is likely scripted by the SID, but LaBarrie posts inspirational quotes & Reveno just seems display his actual personality.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh. You're just a whiny France fan. Got it.

Back to the topic at hand, I do like the way the new staff seems to have ramped up its use of social media. It's something we've lacked in the past. Pastner's stuff is likely scripted by the SID, but LaBarrie posts inspirational quotes & Reveno just seems display his actual personality.
Correction, I'm a huge Zidane fan... Greatest player of all time.

But yes, partner seems to require the same energy levels from them.