Pastner Staff Thread

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I feel he did a good job. He sounds passionate and realistic about his role. As for his comments about his staff aligning with him at the end of the day he is the leader and he has to have guys who share his vision.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Supposedly the whole reason behind the urgency to get someone in place was to get in on the "Georgia Recruits" in the upcoming class. We obviously didn't get the big splash hire and instead took a chance on a previous up and comer who wasn't all he was hyped to be at his last stop. We're all hoping a change of scenery will provide a second chance/ fresh start and now that the head coach "learning curve" is over will excel for us. It's unlikely we go on a tear and get a bunch of top targets.

That being said, not sure why there's still a sense of urgency to get his staff filled out. It' not like you're recruiting 25 bodies (OL, DL, LB, QB, WR, RB, etc) , he's after 3 or 4 right? A big guy, a PG a SG and a F. He needs a Price, an Yvon Joseph, a Barry and a Harpring/MGH. I say he needs to take his time and staff out a leadership team that will propel us the next 10 years. Next 2 years are going to be rugged given the chain of events anyway most likely. Year 3 we'd better be seeing glimmers of hope otherwise we're going to lose another decade. His staff's going to help make that happen. We don't need a bunch of rapidly filled disconnected assistants. We need the right people in the right roles.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
New Pastner quote "I’m trying to do the best I can to hit everybody that I can."

Can you guys believe he's trying to hit people? I get hitting people takes less time than 18 holes of golf, but hitting as many people as you can probably takes a lot of time and requires a nap afterwards. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
New Pastner quote "I’m trying to do the best I can to hit everybody that I can."

Can you guys believe he's trying to hit people? I get hitting people takes less time than 18 holes of golf, but hitting as many people as you can probably takes a lot of time and requires a nap afterwards. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing.
:ROFLMAO:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

hapssh.gif

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer

Attention all Units - all Units: At this time, we got ourselves a code 7 Gold Standard violation. Extreme caution is recommended at this time in apprehending the suspect at this time - he is hitting anybody who approaches at this time.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This one of the worst interviews I've ever heard... he seems somewhere else.

But 10 minute mark is interesting. Wants an assistant coach who has been a hc before and he mentioned "one recruit may not be coming for other circumstances" which points to White...

He also had some weird thoughts on his staff following "me" and listening to "me".

Left a weird taste in my mouth:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/play?id=15271502

Finally got around to listening to this, and he says 7 scholarship guys returning. So, I guess Corey is, in fact, graduating and leaving? Or is it someone else?

Also, at the end, I think Seth threw out a, "Let us know if there is anything we can do to help ..." Does somebody want a job?

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
Finally got around to listening to this, and he says 7 scholarship guys returning. So, I guess Corey is, in fact, graduating and leaving? Or is it someone else?

Also, at the end, I think Seth threw out a, "Let us know if there is anything we can do to help ..." Does somebody want a job?
I think he was just confused about the roster - he said there are 7 scholarship and 2 walk-ons, and there was only 1 walk-on this year.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think he was just confused about the roster - he said there are 7 scholarship and 2 walk-ons, and there was only 1 walk-on this year.
If he can't count to 10 we're in a world of hurt. That's a problem normally experienced with the red headed stepchildren up the road, not someone affiliated with our fine Institute.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

So much for not playing golf

Glad he seems to have gotten the message on this deal. Not glad he decided to bring back zubaz as dress slacks. C'mon that was funny.

On an unrelated note, I'm curious to see what Tubby does with the Lawson guy "coaching" at MEM. Seems he (through his sons) may be trying to hold Tubby hostage to try to keep his spot on the staff.