Pastner Staff Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kinda bordering on openly campaigning for the job. Not sure if it's a counter MBob's lowkey approach to these kinds of things. so I hope it doesn't rub Pastner and the administration the wrong way.

Gotta think he fits the "coaching assistant plugged into the HS talent" role to a "T". Not many other coaches that I'm aware of that has this guys credentials.

If reports are accurate, we'll hear something by tomorrow.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
What's the hold up at all? I mean I'm all for due diligence but FFS we are recruiting short handed, after we missed some of the live period to begin with, and our signed prospects are waiting like patience on a monument to see our staff.

For a program that knows it needs to out work the competition to turn this aircraft carrier around we are displaying very little sense of urgency this offseason.

Yah yah, save me the "don't jump to conclusions" "let's wait and see the plan" responses. Going through the live period with one coach on staff is foolish IMHO.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What's the hold up at all? I mean I'm all for due diligence but FFS we are recruiting short handed, after we missed some of the live period to begin with, and our signed prospects are waiting like patience on a monument to see our staff.

For a program that knows it needs to out work the competition to turn this aircraft carrier around we are displaying very little sense of urgency this offseason.

Yah yah, save me the "don't jump to conclusions" "let's wait and see the plan" responses. Going through the live period with one coach on staff is foolish IMHO.

From what I understand, lots of the local coaches expressed interest in the job. Possible that Pastner wanted to give the impression to all the local heavy hitters that he wanted to get their thoughts and sincerely give them a chance for this process. Wouldn't want to dismiss anyone and hurt ourselves down the road if a certain coach has a player we want. See Lawson at Memphis for local coaches being dbags.

It's going to be pretty hard for anyone to get their feelings hurt losing a job to White though. He's got a pretty impressive resume for any HS coach in the nation.

Last edited:

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Kinda bordering on openly campaigning for the job. Not sure if it's a counter MBob's lowkey approach to these kinds of things. so I hope it doesn't rub Pastner and the administration the wrong way.

Gotta think he fits the "coaching assistant plugged into the HS talent" role to a "T". Not many other coaches that I'm aware of that has this guys credentials.

If reports are accurate, we'll hear something by tomorrow.

My guess, and it is a guess, is that the hold up is waiting to nail down the "associate head coach" before hiring the top "assistant head coach".
Doing it by the book, so to speak. I say screw the book! The best HS coach in the nation is begging for a job!

Do I have to "un retire" and go down there and personally run that place? Gimme a break!

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like it's ...
Sharman White
Darryl Labarrie and
Seth Greenberg
Does this make Seth Greenberg the grizzled, calm, experienced X's and O's guy?

I apologize for my ignorance; I don't know all these guys as well as you all do. I realize all the moving parts are important, but to me the stable X&O expert is the most important of an important group.

slugboy

Staff member
Looks like it's ...
Sharman White
Darryl Labarrie and
Seth Greenberg
Kinda hard to imagine Greenberg giving up the ESPN gig. On Twitter, he's enjoying waffles at the Greenbrier and seems relaxed. Is this a real rumor?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Anyone think he would take Huff and White? Those 2 could have the potential to really build a fence around Atlanta, but at the same time I see them as filling in similar/the same roles. I think recruiting in basketball is the most important thing to getting to the postseason, X's and O's get you wins in the postseason. You can't get to the 2nd without the first and we need ballers first and foremost