Pastner cleared of Ron Bell lies

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m not arguing that he wasn’t obsessed (pardon the double negative) or crazy or anything. I’m saying where is the evidence of any of this prior to his going off the deep end?

I don't think any of us knew he existed prior to going off the deep end so none of us knew he was already bat **** crazy.
Part of the job of an ACC coach is to know which hangers on are bat **** crazy and get rid of them - and not let anyone get into position to hurt you when they do go bat **** crazy.
#naivety

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think any of us knew he existed prior to going off the deep end so none of us knew he was already bat **** crazy.
Part of the job of an ACC coach is to know which hangers on are bat **** crazy and get rid of them - and not let anyone get into position to hurt you when they do go bat **** crazy.
#naivety

About that whole none of us knew about him thing...

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
I could be remembering wrong, but it seemed like Ron really got ingrained at Memphis when Partner was under the microscope and taking lots of heat. Dude was probably his _only_ supporter at one point. I can see how he might be willing to overlook some idiosyncrasies.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Well it's Thursday night and I cannot find any information regarding the Judge's ruling which was supposed to happen today regarding Pastner's suit against Bell going to jury trial.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't remember exactly when I found his twitter account but it took 2 or 3 tweets to realize he was an unhinged fruitcake and that when it crashed it would be ugly.

Yeah he had CJPs assistant send me a autographed picture from Pastner. I thought, hey, neat.

But the more I talked to him it became apparent something was off

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't remember exactly when I found his twitter account but it took 2 or 3 tweets to realize he was an unhinged fruitcake and that when it crashed it would be ugly.

I don't know if that should make me feel bad I was the only one who didn't see it coming - or even worse that Pastner was like me and didn't see it coming despite having a lot more data than a couple of tweets. :sick: (n) :devil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First off, a big hand clap for the reporter who has been following this out in AZ, she has done a fantastic job of reporting.

Second, Bell is just determined to go down swinging isn't he. I can't imagine he has any friends among the judge and lawyers.

I found it very interesting that Pastner's lawyers introduced the NOA into evidence on Thursday. Basically using it to say - NCAA says Pastner didn't do anything wrong, NCAA saya Bell was the one to do wrong.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
First off, a big hand clap for the reporter who has been following this out in AZ, she has done a fantastic job of reporting.

Second, Bell is just determined to go down swinging isn't he. I can't imagine he has any friends among the judge and lawyers.

I found it very interesting that Pastner's lawyers introduced the NOA into evidence on Thursday. Basically using it to say - NCAA says Pastner didn't do anything wrong, NCAA saya Bell was the one to do wrong.
Bell never learned the poker axiom: fold a bad hand as early as possible.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I mean the whole thing stinks. The guy was in a bad state of mind when Pastner met him and reportedly CJP was trying to help him shake out of the funk. We are all a little blind to our own projects though. Seems like he should have seen this coming, but the reality is he didn't.

I just want the dumb thing to end, get some closure from a final determination of guilt and culpability for our staff, then move forward. With or without coach depending on what the facts show. This long slow bleeding death is what I am most over.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I really think that Pastner tried to help him out of compassion and he became Josh's tar baby. I normally don't have good thoughts about the NCAA but they may be on Pastner's side on this. Surely they don't want a guy like this hanging around committing blackmail and extortion and setting an example for other creeps to do the same.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I mean the whole thing stinks. The guy was in a bad state of mind when Pastner met him and reportedly CJP was trying to help him shake out of the funk. We are all a little blind to our own projects though. Seems like he should have seen this coming, but the reality is he didn't.

I don't get the argument that he should have seen this coming. Should he have realized there was potential for some trouble? Sure. Things like relapsing into drug issues, getting arrested, or winding up broke and back on the streak were all things that you could reasonably see coming.

Creating an elaborate plan to try and get him NCAA violations, conspire to frame him for sexual assault, and all that for being distanced from a program that he wasn't even associated with before is not something I think someone should have seen coming.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don't get the argument that he should have seen this coming. Should he have realized there was potential for some trouble? Sure. Things like relapsing into drug issues, getting arrested, or winding up broke and back on the streak were all things that you could reasonably see coming.

Creating an elaborate plan to try and get him NCAA violations, conspire to frame him for sexual assault, and all that for being distanced from a program that he wasn't even associated with before is not something I think someone should have seen coming.
I agree he shouldn't have seen this EXACT outcome, but more that he should have known about the guys flying down to Ron's house before it happened and SQUASHED it. OR should have known about DLab and STOPPED him. He should have a tight enough relationship with the players and staff that it would have come out before it happened. He also should have had a culture around the program that it is not ok to do those things.

Agree 100% though that it sucks that the kindness he showed RB has been taken advantage of and has him in this position. Beyond just out school - I can not begin to imagine the stress and discomfort it has brought into his home.

Deleted member 2897

Me when I see a new post on this thread, but its not news which announces everything is over.

giphy.gif

Weird, link is not loading for me, here it is: https://media.giphy.com/media/Bw7fyRylzteWk/giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator: