Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I mean do people realize Braun’s father is a member of this board. He’s shared his son is making a business decision that’s best for him on social media and that his decision has nothing to do with the new staff. He thinks the new staff is great.

Attachments

• 0F2DC00B-0D21-4D7C-A2E2-6FCB55EB6E07.jpeg
    0F2DC00B-0D21-4D7C-A2E2-6FCB55EB6E07.jpeg
    830.7 KB · Views: 74

Deleted member 2897

I mean do people realize Braun’s father is a member of this board. He’s shared his son is making a business decision that’s best for him on social media and that his decision has nothing to do with the new staff. He thinks the new staff is great.

And he SHOULD do this! I have no idea what he’s interested in, but there is large value in an undergrad degree from 1 place and a grad degree from another.

I hope he makes the NFL and has a successful career during and after. And then we can all hold him up again as another example for our value proposition.

Animal02

Banned
And he SHOULD do this! I have no idea what he’s interested in, but there is large value in an undergrad degree from 1 place and a grad degree from another.

I hope he makes the NFL and has a successful career during and after. And then we can all hold him up again as another example for our value proposition.
Very true regarding getting degrees from different schools.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It’s a family full of class, Parker’s reasons for leaving were not divisive nor derogatory & his father made a classy response to a continued line of questioning designed to do nothing other than sow GT discontent.

I can’t put my head in the sand & say that losing a top tier athlete does not suck but it also doesn’t mean something’s wrong with the new leadership. What makes me scratch my head is the few comments on here that we’re going to be better off with out him. Really? I’d kill for a team full of Parker Brauns & I wish him huge success in the future.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Brauns have sent 2 sons and given GT football 7 years of great service. Can't ever hold anything against Parker or his family. It's within Parker's right to do as he wishes, but he has more than earned how he wants to end his collegiate playing days. Has always repped GT the right way, and I won't ever forget him playing hard in games even though he could have mailed it when we were headed for a loss.

Sometimes people just want a change for their own reasons. Sucks to lose him, but you can't begrudge someone who literally sacrificed his blood and sweat for our program...and was one of the best in college football doing it.

Will definitely be a fan of his no matter where he goes (unless it's one of those Saturdays his "other" team is playing against us).

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no ideal where Parker is going. Parker and Will used to joke about playing at Miami and hanging out on the beach. I believe wherever he lands, it will not be a cold climate ;).
Yea I definitely could see one of the Florida schools in the future.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to Parker. Hurts because from a football standpoint he's a fantastic contributor with NFL potential, hard worker, leader, local, and the brand we are trying to sell right now is aimed for all of that. By all accounts I've seen, he and family have been excellent representatives for Tech and I hope nothing has soured that relationship. Would still love to land little bro if possible.

Haven't read every post but could the transfer be that he either did not get into Grad school at Tech, or wanted a Grad major that Tech does not offer?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to add: It’s jaw-dropping to know that Parker Braun is graduating with a Georgia Tech degree in only three years.

One can only imagine the academic course load he has successfully completed in so short a period of time, and at such an academically challenging and demanding institute like Georgia Tech ... and all the while during these past three years, excelling at a similarly high level on the football field!

By this incredible measure of achievement, I say he absolutely deserves to decide for himself what he wants to do for his own future going forward from this point. And we GT fans should all concur.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to add: It’s jaw-dropping to know that Parker Braun is graduating with a Georgia Tech degree in only three years.

One can only imagine the academic course load he has successfully completed in so short a period of time, and at such an academically challenging and demanding institute like Georgia Tech ... and all the while during these past three years, excelling at a similarly high level on the football field!

By this incredible measure of achievement, I say he absolutely deserves to decide for himself what he wants to do for his own future going forward from this point. And we GT fans should all concur.
The only other person that i have heard graduated from Georgia Tech so quickly was golfing great Bobby Jones

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

It’s really not. This is the gift & the curse of GT Football
If you are taking 12hrs in the Fall, 15-18 Spring and 9 in the summer on the low end that’s 36hrs + 6 hrs you take as incoming Freshmen. That’s 42 out of 122hr degree program and you just true sophomore on the field. I’m surprised advisors haven’t slowed some guys down a bit

LibertyTurns

Banned
It’s really not. This is the gift & the curse of GT Football
If you are taking 12hrs in the Fall, 15-18 Spring and 9 in the summer on the low end that’s 36hrs + 6 hrs you take as incoming Freshmen. That’s 42 out of 122hr degree program and you just true sophomore on the field. I’m surprised advisors haven’t slowed some guys down a bit
What we need is our Grad Programs to cooperate and allow student athletes to get into their programs without having to give up their first born. Peterson’s gone soon. Maybe Stansbury will get a President to work with on difficult issues such as this?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
He can do whatever he wants to do. My issue comes from the business decision comment both him and his father made. Parker was on the verge of being a 4 year starter and returning all conference member in the conference that has put the second most players in the NFL over the last 5 years. We just hired the OL coach from Bama that just may have coached the first OL taken in this years draft. He didn’t need to go anywhere to enhance his pro potential. That is simply garbage.

I have no problem in saying I view him as bailing on the program and there will be absolutely no soft spot in my heart for him. With that said I wish him no ill. Just another player on another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.