Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bos

Helluva Engineer
11 potential players who could to step in:

1. Jared Southers (If he doesn't start at RT, played both OG and T at Vandy)
2. Jahaziel Lee
3. Brad Morgan
4. Jack DeFoor
5. Charlie Clark
6. Bailey Ivemeyer
7. Austin Smith
8. Michael Maye
9. Boe Tufele
10. Mikey Minihan
11. Zakk Mckeehan

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Braun was one of my favorite players here at Tech. He will be a big fave next year as well wherever he lands. Hope he wins a natty, hope he’s the 1st OL drafted next year. I’m gonna try and watch every game he plays. He an incredible talent and I just love how he mails. Godspeed.

Don't become one of them.

I hope WE win the championship but would love to see Parker as the first OL drafted.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Could wait to make the CPJ vs CGC comparison could ya Cheese...lol

Well.....”relationships.”

Hey it’s very possible Braun has planned this from before CPJ’s announcement. But if CPJ had stayed...and Braun had transferred anyway...you really think Paul’s detractors wouldn’t have lost their minds with the blame game? Man please.

Cheese has a point. Incoming staffs have to try and win over the team. If they fail to it’s a hit against them. Having said that, one player leaving isn’t indicative of a failure by the staff...even if it is our best player. Too early to jump the gun with too much criticism.

I wish CPJ supporters and CGC supporters would take this for what it is and not attempt to weaponize it for arguments sake.

Braun has an excellent chance to close out a stellar career in a new place with a different vibe. His play was a big part of my enjoyment factor watching Tech the last several years. I hope he finishes his college career with a blast and no regrets. I think he will and I’m looling forward to watching him do so. Some team out there is about to get very lucky.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Don't become one of them.

I hope WE win the championship but would love to see Parker as the first OL drafted.

I agree but think we have less than 1% chance of getting it done. Braun will likely have a better chance to do it; depending of course on where he lands.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Selfishly, I am very sad he chose to leave.

I don’t know him or his family, but folks who do speak highly of him.

Thank you Parker and best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer

Hey it’s very possible Braun has planned this from before CPJ’s announcement. But if CPJ had stayed...and Braun had transferred anyway...you really think Paul’s detractors wouldn’t have lost their minds with the blame game? Man please.

Cheese has a point. Incoming staffs have to try and win over the team. If they fail to it’s a hit against them. Having said that, one player leaving isn’t indicative of a failure by the staff...even if it is our best player. Too early to jump the gun with too much criticism.

I wish CPJ supporters and CGC supporters would take this for what it is and not attempt to weaponize it for arguments sake.

Braun has an excellent chance to close out a stellar career in a new place with a different vibe. His play was a big part of my enjoyment factor watching Tech the last several years. I hope he finishes his college career with a blast and no regrets. I think he will and I’m looling forward to watching him do so. Some team out there is about to get very lucky.

Man, this might be your best post since CGC's hire. I agree that Cheese has a great point that it's CGC's job to keep his best players. And I think most people are in denial if they think CGC didn't try and fail to keep him. That being said, we'll never know if Braun would have made this decision if CPJ had stayed. In my opinion, he likely considered transferring before CPJ's announcement, but wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger due to his loyalty to the previous staff. I respect the hell out of Braun, and this may offend some people here, I truly think he's making the best decision for his career assuming he ends up at a successful Power 5 program.

How could he improve his NFL stock by staying here? He's already proved (among many other qualities) the following: Leadership, Toughness, Run Blocking, Intelligence. Those four qualities aren't changing by transferring to another school. But the qualities (among others) he now has a chance to prove are the following: Pass Blocking, Versatility, Success versus Elite Internal/External Competition. A unit could literally not be in more of a rebuilding mode on one side of the ball than the 2019 Georgia Tech Offense. We're having to undo an offense that's been the foundation and identity of our program for over a decade. Yes, it could end up not being a huge issue and we're fine on offense next year, but why should Braun take the chance? He doesn't owe Tech anything, and the offensive rebuild could prevent him from reaching his potential next year. We're talking about a guy that is making a decision that in 12 months, will turn out to be a multi-million dollar decision. If I'm him, the education will be there for life now that he's graduated - I'm focusing on getting to the league with minimal hiccups in these last 12 months.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer

Well my comment to Cheese was TIC. I honestly don't like the whole team CPJ vs team CGC rhetoric that seems to pop up on this board everytime something happens. I'm a Georgia Tech fan no matter the coach (unless he does or stands for something I just can't get behind).

Transferring was nearly as prevalent in 2008 as it is now. Do you think CPJ would have been able to hold onto as many as he did if transferring was then what it is now? The only way it is a hit on the coaching staff (CPJ or CGC) is if we know the full story of why a SA leaves. Unless we know exactly what happened it's just another part of college football landscape in 2019

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well my comment to Cheese was TIC. I honestly don't like the whole team CPJ vs team CGC rhetoric that seems to pop up on this board everytime something happens. I'm a Georgia Tech fan no matter the coach (unless he does or stands for something I just can't get behind).

Transferring was nearly as prevalent in 2008 as it is now. Do you think CPJ would have been able to hold onto as many as he did if transferring was then what it is now? The only way it is a hit on the coaching staff (CPJ or CGC) is if we know the full story of why a SA leaves. Unless we know exactly what happened it's just another part of college football landscape in 2019

If the floodgates open we will know there is a problem. I don’t see signs that this will happen though.

As to my prior post. I should clarify that as I don’t really see an anti-CGC contingent here whereas there is a definite and vocal crowd of CPJ haters.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
If the floodgates open we will know there is a problem. I don’t see signs that this will happen though.

As to my prior post. I should clarify that as I don’t really see an anti-CGC contingent here whereas there is a definite and vocal crowd of CPJ haters.

Frankly I'm kind of expecting to see a number of kids more in this situation transfer out. I liked CPJs personality and his offense (when it was running smoothly) and I like CGCs personality and hopefully what his teams look like on the field. But I'm quite sure there are going to be kids and people who just don't like working and playing under CGC and his staff as they are VERY different than CPJ and his staff. It's natural when you have extremely different personalities and one leaves and another takes on the role that there's turnover in the system. I'm really sad that it's Parker but the more I think about it the more it makes perfect sense that it would be one of the guys who has the best chance at a really good NFL career. Why? Because it behooves him to be somewhere there's stability and a good QB. He doesn't need to be saddled with big changes in a program that could affect his play in any way. I don't blame him one bit for making this move.

Parker, I wish you well, sir. You'll always be a Tech man to me (unless you go to UGA, then all bets are off... hah hah). I wish you success and I thank you for working your tail off to put the best football on the field and for representing GT well on and off the field.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well this sucks. What's frustrating is he put in 3 great years for us and graduated but when he gets to the NFL, he won't be acknowledged as a Tech player anymore. I'm sure he has his reasons for doing what he believes is best for his career and I can't hate a guy who started for 3 years.

I can certainly see the personality clash viewpoint. I don't particularly like CGC's personality myself but I'm a fan of the team first and appreciate what he's doing so far and understand that kind of a personality is a big draw for recruits and fans. The salesman type stuff just never jives with me in any aspect of life. Easy to look past personality differences as a fan but I'm not sure I could if I was a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.