Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought this might happen since he’s graduating. When you hire a staff that is 180 degrees from the previous staff, this is to be expected. He’ll be starting over with a new offense regardless, so he might as well get to choose coaches he wants to play for. There’s also no telling what role academics play in this. Maybe he’s been accepted into a program he really wants. As someone else said, the comment about playing in an offense for NFL prep may very well just be a CPJ guy taking a shot at the new staff. I haven’t seen a quote on that comment—where did that detail come from?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am sad to see PB go, for sure. However, I will stop short of even trying to guess as to the true reasons why. It would be presumptuous of me and it is truly none of my business anyway. In my view, PB is already a huge GT success story. He helped us win many football games, inspired those working around him to elevate their effort to his level, and earned his degree in the process, the major emphasis being on the latter. We sell the 40 year plan here at GT for good reason. He completed the plan. May he reap all of the benefits, in whatever form they present themselves, moving forward. In my heart, I hope, when he is my age, he will consider himself a Yellow Jacket and look back on his time here fondly, with the understanding that the rigors of GT made him a more capable man.

To the entire Braun family, I extend my thanks. You entrusted two of your sons to us. I hope you feel it was all worth it. They have both left their mark.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Frankly I'm kind of expecting to see a number of kids more in this situation transfer out. I liked CPJs personality and his offense (when it was running smoothly) and I like CGCs personality and hopefully what his teams look like on the field. But I'm quite sure there are going to be kids and people who just don't like working and playing under CGC and his staff as they are VERY different than CPJ and his staff. It's natural when you have extremely different personalities and one leaves and another takes on the role that there's turnover in the system. I'm really sad that it's Parker but the more I think about it the more it makes perfect sense that it would be one of the guys who has the best chance at a really good NFL career. Why? Because it behooves him to be somewhere there's stability and a good QB. He doesn't need to be saddled with big changes in a program that could affect his play in any way. I don't blame him one bit for making this move.

Parker, I wish you well, sir. You'll always be a Tech man to me (unless you go to UGA, then all bets are off... hah hah). I wish you success and I thank you for working your tail off to put the best football on the field and for representing GT well on and off the field.
This is a great take and one I agree with.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, I think this may work out the best for all parties. Next year is most likely to be pretty rough. While I hope we have a 2008 style year, a rough transition should be the expectation. Parker being here next year might've helped soften the blow. But it likely wouldn't have been best for him or Tech in the big-picture.

Even though we're trying to transition to a more "NFL Style" offense, it's not likely it will be fully installed or ready to shine next year. Parker could learn it quickly and do everything right. But if the guys in the trench with him are making mistakes, he's not going to have the best opportunity to show what he can do. Parker's best opportunity is to find a program where he can be surrounded by experience and an established system that let him show what he can do.

For Tech, having a senior learn the system and get the snaps next year isn't going to help long term. The transition will likely take 2-3 years. Letting a younger player get that experience will help in 2020 when the expectation will be to start winning consistently.

Parker did everything that was asked of him. Got his degree. I'll cheer him on wherever he plays next year and many years after that. (I'm hoping for Florida personally)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If he has his degree I am surprised he didn't transfer this semester so he could go through spring practice at his new school. I liken his leaving to some of the top players leaving early to go pro. Glad he played for us. A great example of a student athlete.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If he has his degree I am surprised he didn't transfer this semester so he could go through spring practice at his new school. I liken his leaving to some of the top players leaving early to go pro. Glad he played for us. A great example of a student athlete.
I think he graduates this summer, if I am not mistaken.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Godspeed Parker!

The young man will be graduating. Good for him an of course congratulations for "getting out."

If he wants to play elsewhere for whatever ever reason (degree option, coach, family, girl friend, etc.), well he's earned it.

For those that clamoured for players to transfer out... Be careful for what you wish...

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I don't get this. He's a shoe-in to start. What type of program is he looking to go to? Maybe he's just tired of the academics? Idk. This smells bad.
I agree this smells bad. His draft stock nor his after-NFL quality of life is not going to improve much at all, if any, by this move. I believe he simply had a connection/bond with PJ and his staff that the chemistry was just not there for him to be a part of for another year or less.

I appreciate his and his entire family's effort and dedication in being part of GT for as long as it has.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the all time greats! You will absolutely be missed Parker, but I hope you crush it at your next stop. Best of luck in the NFL after that!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You know a lot of these guys that have high pro potential are opting out of bowl games and their senior years to work with these pro development organizations to raise their stock in the draft. Moving up one or two places in the draft order can mean literally hundreds of thousands of dollars. I wonder if Parker may just forgo his senior year to avoid the risk of injury and opt to enter the pro draft early? To me, that would make more sense than transferring to another program, going through all that is entailed with making such a transition and forgoing the risk of injury. Of course that is assuming he wants to play professional football. He is a very intelligent guy and may just pursuing a graduate degree in his chosen field that was not available to him at Tech. In any event, again best of luck to Parker.

Go Jackets!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I agree this smells bad. His draft stock nor his after-NFL quality of life is not going to improve much at all, if any, by this move. .

I don't try to read intentions into anything. I disagree on improving his after NFL career....if he goes somewhere else and gets a masters (on their dime), that pays dividends. GT undergrad degree plus an MBA (or other masters degree) from another school...with all expenses paid seems like a smart move to me. Plus he gets to experience college and FB at 2 different places, which may broaden his horizons and perspectives. Seems like a solid life choice to me but I am one of those who believes that sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Good luck and best wishes young Mr. Braun wherever your journey leads you.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
E0A7F576-AB9C-488C-A04B-1D94F068B3C7.jpeg

S/O to @Coachbraun72

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I cant believe about how butthurt people are over a coach WHO CHOSE to leave and a player WHO CHOSE to leave as if everything the new staff does is in some way a spite to the old staff head that CHOSE to leave.

Oh my lord.

The stuff on these threads is just wow. And its not just this one. Its like every thread. Did u see what collins said. This must mean xyz. Man are some of u old grown men sensitive types.

Cant we just let it go. Paul is gone. The new staff is trying to tell the world as quickly as they can they are serious about recruiting.

We even have high school coaches in public say it looks like they are serious about recruiting again. You know. Maybe its just a fact. Not a slight. Its just 4 is greater than 3 every time. We all know paul was no dynamic recruiter. So ok. Raise the bar of recruiting. We should all be happy

That doesnt take away from anything any coach did here. And doesn’t guarantee anything the new coach will do. But its not out of spite to paul

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If Flea hadn't left this board in disgust , he could txt klock and find out.
To me its logical- same yelling ast coach , same intellect, possibly desire to get best grad degree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.