Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
It could be a business decision that since he has a good degree, he doesn’t want to play school next year and focus on football... nothing wrong with that.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Or it could be that he wants a career after football in an area that GT does not offer advanced degrees.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It’s really not. This is the gift & the curse of GT Football
If you are taking 12hrs in the Fall, 15-18 Spring and 9 in the summer on the low end that’s 36hrs + 6 hrs you take as incoming Freshmen. That’s 42 out of 122hr degree program and you just true sophomore on the field. I’m surprised advisors haven’t slowed some guys down a bit
Need a thread to get other s input.
Could slow down mean less hours, " more internships in ATL", more whole person, more gym time?

GTFLETCH

Banned
I hope all goes well for Parker... I was hoping he would get drafted... I wonder why if he has degree why he is transfering and not going Pro???

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Miami site has 5 pages of salivating over the possibilty of getting Braun. Fans want, not sure about Diaz.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
How is one of the schools south of us going to better help him prepare for the NFL is the question.
connotation begins tripple option. Staff saying they plan to kee elements of the offense due to personnel. Difference between first and second rounds compared to third and fourth rounds in the draft can be up to double the salary. Worth it to get one year experience in a different style of offense that gives him more reps and video footage for pass blocking

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Heard he is not going to Northwestern - headed south.
Boy is this a big loss.
So it’s not about getting a better degree.

Edit: actually looked it up. Rice is the only school “south” of Atlanta that has a higher academic ranking than Tech. Unrelated fun fact.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think he’s a future Gator. Go gaytuhs.

Side conversation. Is Parker Braun the best player we have ever lost to transfer? From my memory yes.

Is he the best we have lost before his eligibility was up, for any reason? That would go to Clint Castleberry. Parker Braun ranks high though.

Status
Not open for further replies.