Parker Braun transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
College Athletics is a business for both the coaches and the player. The players dedicate countless hours and in return get an education and a chance to play at the next level if they are good enough. I am sure Parker evaluated his situation and determined that it was in his best interest to continue his graduate education and eligibility elsewhere. Perhaps he’s looking to get an advanced degree in something not available at Tech? Perhaps he’s concerned that our transition to a Pro Style offense will be bumpy and that our offensive line unit will have some inevitable growing pains that will hurt his chances to play in the NFL? Definitely an impact to Tech, but the sun will still come up tomorrow. Thankful for his career at Tech and wish him nothing but the best.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
CGC probably looked at Braun as a walking representation of the CPJ era. Braun probably looked at CGC as a walking reminder of the end of the CPJ era. I could see how this wouldn't be a match made in heaven, as much as it sucks.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
College Athletics is a business for both the coaches and the player. The players dedicate countless hours and in return get an education and a chance to play at the next level if they are good enough. I am sure Parker evaluated his situation and determined that it was in his best interest to continue his graduate education and eligibility elsewhere. Perhaps he’s looking to get an advanced degree in something not available at Tech? Perhaps he’s concerned that our transition to a Pro Style offense will be bumpy and that our offensive line unit will have some inevitable growing pains that will hurt his chances to play in the NFL? Definitely an impact to Tech, but the sun will still come up tomorrow. Thankful for his career at Tech and wish him nothing but the best.
I think this is spot on.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not surprised at all, and also not overly concerned.

It is abundantly clear that some fans thought Johnson was mistreated, pretty clear that Johnson felt that way based on some remarks, and I can't imagine that wouldn't be true for players at all. . No way to know if that was the case with Braun but seems to be the case to me. That mentality breeds resentment, look at certain posters here for clear examples, and we don't need that, especially when trying to rebuild things.

Regardless, our OL was going to struggle next year in transition and Braun, while good, wasn't going to fill all those holes or make it not a weakness.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
Could strictly be based on the advanced degree he desires. May not be football related at all. We will miss him. Great player and reported all around good guy.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ actively recruited the best returning players of the Gailey era and they stayed. Collins and Co are supposed to be exponentially better recruiters. Seems to me for any new coach, recruiting starts at home with your returning star players.

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
Could strictly be based on the advanced degree he desires. May not be football related at all. We will miss him. Great player and reported all around good guy.
According to AJC. “Braun is majoring in literature, media and communication...”. Based on this undergraduate degree, I am not sure what type of graduate degree Tech could offer for his continued education.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
CPJ actively recruited the best returning players of the Gailey era and they stayed. Collins and Co are supposed to be exponentially better recruiters. Seems to me for any new coach, recruiting starts at home with your returning star players.
Couldn't wait to make the CPJ vs CGC comparison could ya Cheese...lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.