Pack Out Bobby Dodd

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s over a third of all undergraduate enrollment with either season tickets or the free allotment (although not all student ticket holders are undergrads, e.g. I’m an MS student.)

Last edited:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Not surprised but it's safe to say, Batt "gets it." If a lot of returning fans have fun at the game on Saturday and buy tickets to future games, it's most likely because the students made it a fun place to spend your Saturday night (and because the team won).

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I’ve long been a proponent of standing only sections and seated sections. There are easy ways to accommodate everyone. I get that there are people who want to stand the whole game. I can’t do that. But I do stand on 3rd (or 4th) down and when we want to get extra loud. I stand and celebrate when they play the Ramblin’ Wreck or Up With the White and Gold. Not a fan of the Budweiser song, but I know people love it, so I stand.
My biggest issue was one game I went to, the row in front of me stood, so I stood to see the play, and an older gentleman grabbed me and demanded I sit down. I was 20 at the time, so I didn’t go off, but being a little bit older, if someone grabs me like he did again, I’ll have to be pulled off of them.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah I don’t stand when it’s not warranted either, but a big third down when people are standing and getting loud, I’m not sitting down and missing out on the energy to please someone else. They can look at the video board.
Seems like the standing issue is pretty grey. I have definitely toned it down but come on we’re at a live sporting event I can stand when the situation warrants it at least.

No offense to anyone but if you want to sit down the whole game AND not have anyone standing in front of you EVER then buy a ticket that allows you that comfort. Otherwise stay the f*** home. I know we need butts in the seats but if people are there to be energy vampires then p*** off

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Y
My biggest issue was one game I went to, the row in front of me stood, so I stood to see the play, and an older gentleman grabbed me and demanded I sit down. I was 20 at the time, so I didn’t go off, but being a little bit older, if someone grabs me like he did again, I’ll have to be pulled off of them.
Yeah, a. Bridge too far. If the people in front of you stand because the people in from of them stand because the people in front of them want to stand the whole game, my issue is with the front people. Not the people behind them. Stand when you should and sit when you can. That’s my motto.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Not surprised but it's safe to say, Batt "gets it." If a lot of returning fans have fun at the game on Saturday and buy tickets to future games, it's most likely because the students made it a fun place to spend your Saturday night (and because the team won).

Speaking only for myself, I love seeing a raucous, loud student section. Rats were on the field making a runway for the team entrance in my day, doing the differential cheer and throwing things at the opposing team bench. It was a fun place to be on a Saturday afternoon/evening in the fall. Of course, we were in the NE corner of the LE back then all the way to the 30 yard line, so we held some prime real estate. Rats were on the bleachers on the track about 30’ from the opposing team bench. It was glorious!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
There are still a lot of seats available all around the stadium. I can't figure out why the Upper East still has so many tickets available. Those are really good seats.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There are still a lot of seats available all around the stadium. I can't figure out why the Upper East still has so many tickets available. Those are really good seats.
I sat up there when they were Senior tickets and again as a grad student. Great seats unless in the sun during September. That was before the north section was built.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Asking this here in addition to the Ticket Exchange thread, hoping someone can answer.

Did anybody buy tickets via the $15 promo? If you did, can you go to ramblinwreck.com >> Tickets >> My Ticket Account >> Transfer >> 2024 Football >> Georgia State and let me know if your transfer checkboxes are available or grayed out?

I got mixed messages from the ticket office today as to whether these tickets are transferable or just have not been released to my account yet. The whole reason I bought them was to hand them out to 4 students who were not successful claiming tickets this morning.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Okay, guys, I just wanted to say that I know this game is a white-out, but don’t give me grief if I show up in gold or navy. My flight from Dublin arrives at 2:45 and I won’t have time to go home and get a fresh white shirt. I’ll have just enough time to get about an hour long nap at my daughter’s apartment before heading to the game. Besides, why mess with what I now consider my lucky combo.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Speaking only for myself, I love seeing a raucous, loud student section. Rats were on the field making a runway for the team entrance in my day, doing the differential cheer and throwing things at the opposing team bench. It was a fun place to be on a Saturday afternoon/evening in the fall. Of course, we were in the NE corner of the LE back then all the way to the 30 yard line, so we held some prime real estate. Rats were on the bleachers on the track about 30’ from the opposing team bench. It was glorious!
To make a couple more comments, it seems maybe college football has tried to sanitize the students for TV consumption. Students will do the darnedest things if you let them. It can make you blush but mostly it’s just funny. It’s part of what separates college athletics from all others.
So what if the rats chased Aubie, the AU mascot, and ripped off his tail. They sewed it right back on.
So what if an irreverent undergrad hurled a fish at the ND HC. It was just a flesh wound….
So what if we emptied a case of Milkbone on the UGAg sideline that time. Their overweight mutt got another meal courtesy of GT.
So what if we publicly - and loudly - admitted we appreciate the opposite gender more than calculus. At least we knew one gender from another!
It’s just what young people do and it’s hilarious and highly entertaining to watch. It also makes us OFs feel young again. That’s worth going to a game for, not to mention football. Selah.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Okay, guys, I just wanted to say that I know this game is a white-out, but don’t give me grief if I show up in gold or navy. My flight from Dublin arrives at 2:45 and I won’t have time to go home and get a fresh white shirt. I’ll have just enough time to get about an hour long nap at my daughter’s apartment before heading to the game. Besides, why mess with what I now consider my lucky combo.
You could always buy the Dublin shirt at the game 🤷‍♂️.