Pack Out Bobby Dodd

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Do we not have the "rat" section anymore? Too demeaning i guess. BDS was close to full when I was a freshman and my freshman class was around 2500. We sat in some crummy bleachers in the east sun. Could hardly see the teams on the field and it was HOT. GameDay Saturday is part of the college experience IMO. The library was deserted during the game.
The north end zone is where student season ticket holders sit, (fraternities and SWARM next to the band). Then the south end zone under the scoreboard is distributed weekly for free to non student season ticket holders. I can't remember the last time free tickets sold out, maybe only when uga visits is when those sell out.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
The north end zone is where student season ticket holders sit, (fraternities and SWARM next to the band). Then the south end zone under the scoreboard is distributed weekly for free to non student season ticket holders. I can't remember the last time free tickets sold out, maybe only when uga visits is when those sell out.
Thank you for clarification...I did not know the difference in sections

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
With all do respect, if someone tells me to sit down at a football game, security may be taking me out of BDS. First of all, we’re at a f**king football game. Secondly, I’m a grown man, don’t let that little degree get to your head old man.
You bought a seat, not a place to stand. If football games were meant for standing, they wouldn’t put seats in the stadium. You have no right to stand all game and diminish someone else’s enjoyment. You want to stand, buy a seat in the last row. Otherwise be respectful of those around you.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
They sell the closer rows before the ones further back, and don't mark the highest rows as available unless they manage to sell the lower ones at the same price level.
That’s what it looks like when you pull up the map. There’s no way all of the upper section is sold out. Lots of openings available.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
I sat in the south EZ student section for all of one game before deciding eff that and joining swarm, so much better in the north EZ there.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I sat in the south EZ student section for all of one game before deciding eff that and joining swarm, so much better in the north EZ there.
I think I bought SWARM for 2 of my 5 seasons - the other 3, we just claimed south endzone seats and would sneak into SWARM since it's just such a better experience in the North endzone. Apparently this strategy is still pretty commonplace from some reading on the Georgia Tech subreddit, so don't be surprised if South is still pretty empty on Saturday and the North is packed to the gills.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
You bought a seat, not a place to stand. If football games were meant for standing, they wouldn’t put seats in the stadium. You have no right to stand all game and diminish someone else’s enjoyment. You want to stand, buy a seat in the last row. Otherwise be respectful of those around you.
I guess football games are not for fat people either since they make the seats so dang tiny.

I stand. But when it’s warranted, not every play. My knees and back would never survive a full game. I cheer plenty loudly on my *** as well as on my feet.
Sounds like a personal problem. Perhaps if you dont want anyone standing in front of you, you should buy a ticket on the front row.

Last edited:

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
I think I bought SWARM for 2 of my 5 seasons - the other 3, we just claimed south endzone seats and would sneak into SWARM since it's just such a better experience in the North endzone. Apparently this strategy is still pretty commonplace from some reading on the Georgia Tech subreddit, so don't be surprised if South is still pretty empty on Saturday and the North is packed to the gills.
I may have snuck into swarm as a graduate a few times for that reason.

I don’t think I could get away with it anymore though lol

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
well they only put real seats in the club section, sooooooooo

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Just need them to figure out how to be college basketball fans :cry:

On the real though, our student section is one of the best in college football if we're measuring by engagement/noise/staying til the end. The main issue people bring up is the south endzone but that really has more to do with GTAA offering too much supply for our student body population. The general need to downsize Bobby Dodd is a tired discussion on here though. Maybe I'm off here but I don't think anybody is sitting in those seats, student or not. It's a terrible spot to watch a game from - too low/shallow, bad scenery skyline-speaking, no jumbotron, horrible concessions, etc.
Imagine a Horseshoe Stadium without the Upper North and South stands. Sometimes you have to go back, to really move forward.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I don’t stand when it’s not warranted either, but a big third down when people are standing and getting loud, I’m not sitting down and missing out on the energy to please someone else. They can look at the video board.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Due to the high demand, Tech athletics opened seating in the south end zone to accommodate more than 800 additional student season tickets.

Additionally, Georgia Tech’s allotment of nearly 1,000 complimentary single-game tickets for Saturday’s home opener versus Georgia State was also claimed in its entirety this week.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
well they only put real seats in the club section, sooooooooo

Yeah I don’t stand when it’s not warranted either, but a big third down when people are standing and getting loud, I’m not sitting down and missing out on the energy to please someone else. They can look at the video board.
I’ve long been a proponent of standing only sections and seated sections. There are easy ways to accommodate everyone. I get that there are people who want to stand the whole game. I can’t do that. But I do stand on 3rd (or 4th) down and when we want to get extra loud. I stand and celebrate when they play the Ramblin’ Wreck or Up With the White and Gold. Not a fan of the Budweiser song, but I know people love it, so I stand.