Pack Out Bobby Dodd

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Definitely encouraging. I hope this will encourage those who feel like GT needs to reduce capacity in order to match demand. I believe a couple of 10-win seasons would solve the attendance problems.
Agreed. I totally reject the "Get rid of seats" idea. It wasn't that long ago that we were consistently filling BDS. Winning is the solution, not reducing capacity.

Goldstrike

Georgia Tech Fan
Ilis the $15 ticket link shut down now? I've been waiting for a couple of family members to decide. Now I have a headcount so I need 2 more over my season ticket 2. But it's late. Smh.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Looks like they’ve opened up all of the available seats in the UN for sale on the ramblinwreck webpage. The top rows have been unavailable to purchase until now, hopefully that means we’re getting close to selling it out. I won’t be there tonight, but I hope y’all show up wearing white and being loud. Put the CFB world on notice that the Jackets are coming

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. I totally reject the "Get rid of seats" idea. It wasn't that long ago that we were consistently filling BDS. Winning is the solution, not reducing capacity.
Thank you. Although a big part of this game is GSU is a large school and has a crapton of alumni in the ATL area. They will be well represented tonight.

Goldstrike

Georgia Tech Fan
Looks like they’ve opened up all of the available seats in the UN for sale on the ramblinwreck webpage. The top rows have been unavailable to purchase until now, hopefully that means we’re getting close to selling it out. I won’t be there tonight, but I hope y’all show up wearing white and being loud. Put the CFB world on notice that the Jackets are coming
I keep getting "this site can't be reached" from the ramblinwreck.com link

GTDwarf

Georgia Tech Fan
Plans changed at the last minute and I will be able to make it. Unfortunately probably my last game of the season

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Shamus is still riding his pick from last week!

20240831_174647.jpg

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
40,113 - we hit 40k! I know it seems small and I hope we can straight up sell out a game this season but this is a big deal from where we've previously been at.
Thank you, I saw that after I posted. Yes, we did. Bear in mind, though, that there were a lot of State fans there last night - easily 4-5K, maybe more. That's OK, though, opposing fans who buy tickets count, and always have.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you, I saw that after I posted. Yes, we did. Bear in mind, though, that there were a lot of State fans there last night - easily 4-5K, maybe more. That's OK, though, opposing fans who buy tickets count, and always have.
Yes, BUT, the athletic association needs to quit giving the opposing fans such good seats. Put the visitors in the upper north and make the current visitor section available for our supporters to improve their current location. This does not impact me as I am in 107 but if I were at the top of UE or UW I should be able to get better seats than the opposing fans.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The Georgia Tech-centric internet is bursting with at the seams with negative gameday experiences from yesterday. I know these things are logistically challenging to put on and I don't expect GTAA to bat 1.000 but yesterday was just challenge after challenge from parking to stadium experience. I don't think I really even personally scratched the surface of some of the experiences people have mentioned, especially with regards to security. It's just frustrating when you have all these new and "born again" fans excited to support a really talented team and they have a negative first impression. Especially wild to me when we have the best industrial engineering department in the country.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Watching on TV from Northern Virginia the Lower East stands looked packed. The Upper East had a decent amount of people as did the North Stands. Never saw the West stands on TV. The South Stands were empty except for the students paintes white with unreadable letters spelling out something. Crowd sounded good on TV. How was the atmosphere at the game?

jpw67

Georgia Tech Fan
40,113 - we hit 40k! I know it seems small and I hope we can straight up sell out a game this season but this is a big deal from where we've previously been at.
An improvement for sure, but a long way from a sellout, even with seats removed. But, let's see if we can string together a few 10 win seasons as someone said and fill it up...