Pack Out Bobby Dodd

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
35k was our highest attended non UGA game last year, against a ranked UNC team on homecoming. Just getting to 35k for a game against Georgia State should be considered a mild success. Anything more is just gravy, and getting 40k+ would be huge. Ole Miss barely drew 40k in 2022, and the last time we drew 40k to a non-P5 game was Geoff’s first home game in 2019 against USF.
And that game was electric! The crowd was loud and engaged. If we're 40k+, we might shake the foundation. There is excitement and energy about this team that I haven't seen in many many years. I CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And that game was electric! The crowd was loud and engaged. If we're 40k+, we might shake the foundation. There is excitement and energy about this team that I haven't seen in many many years. I CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!
Reservations confirmed, car gassed up, dog to sitter, leave fla at 9, steaks at Longford stesk house near peachtree city hotel, park at conference center, team walk up, helluva block party, see old friends, seats early to watch warm ups, ......
What am I missing .?
Oh yeah,
Go Jackets!

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
Reservations confirmed, car gassed up, dog to sitter, leave fla at 9, steaks at Longford stesk house near peachtree city hotel, park at conference center, team walk up, helluva block party, see old friends, seats early to watch warm ups, ......
What am I missing .?
Oh yeah,
Go Jackets!
Ice Eater- I am inspired by your love for GT and passion for the college football road trip. One thing I also include is a fight song tape which includes about 50 schools my wife made for me 20 years ago. I can't explain but I love college fight songs. We have two that are among the best and are quite unique. The Ramblin Wreck coming onto the field with the cheerleaders is a sight to behold.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ice Eater- I am inspired by your love for GT and passion for the college football road trip. One thing I also include is a fight song tape which includes about 50 schools my wife made for me 20 years ago. I can't explain but I love college fight songs. We have two that are among the best and are quite unique. The Ramblin Wreck coming onto the field with the cheerleaders is a sight to behold.

We have the greatest most timeless fight song ever.
Happy, lively, bourbon, drinking, fighting, cussing
.Sing it and then You are a rambling wrek.
Ultimate recruiting song.

When we go to gator bowl this year, let's get seats on eastside but to the north to watch the wrek come out to start the g a me

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Received an e mail from J Batt concerning Student tickets. He refers to 6000 tickets SOLD to students in the Student Yellow Jacket Gold Club plus 1000 single game tickets sold to students. He also said purchased.

I have always believed the football tickets were part of the student fees. I remember Homer Rice talking about (In his book) GT being one of the few ACC schools that did not have an athletic fee being part of the fees for all students. As I recall he was able to get the administration to add those fees in the 1980s. When I was in school in 1962-67 it was free, first come first served.

See Batt's memo below.

Let me correct one thing I said about the J Batt e mail I referenced above. After review, he said the 1000 tickets were "Claimed". So, they were the $0 tickets. The 6000 tickets were purchased as Student Yellow Jacket Gold Club tickets. Sorry for the error. I also see that the e mail was blocked, I assume by google.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Oh, forgot to besure wife's in car!
She has the tickets.
Just reviewed your itinerary and gear list. Looks good but discreetly want to point out that your flask of whiskey clear is prominent in it's omission and there is absolutely no mention of the V, chilli slaw dawgs, fries and large FO's. There is still time to correct these wrongs. Regardless have fun and enjoy!!!!! Go Jackets!!!!

We are only a few hours away from the post that we anticipate all week long and spend the entire offseason looking forward to. Just returning from almost a month overseas so looking forward to a family cookout, cockyails and seeing the game on TV. Saw only highlights and replays of the Dublin beat down.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just reviewed your itinerary and gear list. Looks good but discreetly want to point out that your flask of whiskey clear is prominent in it's omission and there is absolutely no mention of the V, chilli slaw dawgs, fries and large FO's. There is still time to correct these wrongs. Regardless have fun and enjoy!!!!! Go Jackets!!!!

We are only a few hours away from the post that we anticipate all week long and spend the entire offseason looking forward to. Just returning from almost a month overseas so looking forward to a family cookout, cockyails and seeing the game on TV. Saw only highlights and replays of the Dublin beat down.
Have good time at home.
We have your items built into our route. We always park at conference center and drive to roof where we overview the stadium and campus. There I have a large gt stadium cup of ice, jack, w splash of water. With a refill we then walk up Spring - since late game we skip the usual V for 2 chili dogs.
I think I will bring the 2014 orange bowl Gt foam helmet out of retirement for this game.[ I put it in penalty box after we played it safe at benz against Louisville ( only gt game I left ever early. ) ] Felling festive

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Here’s my opinion: stand on third downs or on a crucial moment on defense. Stand, cheer, high five, etc after big offensive play/scoring play. Stand and boo when Refball ensues. Stand and clap for fight songs. Everything else: should be seated. But as I said, there’s moments where you should be standing.
That’s what I do, don’t give AF what anyone behind me thinks about it either

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Hearing from someone in Athletics that something in or above the Ole Miss ballpark (40k) is realistic. It's going to depend on the same-day sales tomorrow, but apparently they're optimistic as of now.

See the Chad Bishop article blow. There is a link to the GT site which shows seat availability. I checked around the sections which all show low availability. Gray shows seats sold. Green seats available. If this chart is correct, GT has sold a lot of seats in the upper east and the upper north. Lately, those decks have been pretty empty. I believe we will have 45K plus just looking at the seating chart. Obviously, I am just guessing.

Some may not be able to see the article, so I added the seating chart separately. Click on each section and you will see a lot of gray for seats sold.

Last edited:

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
See the Chad Bishop article blow. There is a link to the GT site which shows seat availability. I checked around the sections which all show low availability. Gray shows seats sold. Green seats available. If this chart is correct, GT has sold a lot of seats in the upper east and the upper north. Lately, those decks have been pretty empty. I believe we will have 45K plus just looking at the seating chart. Obviously, I am just guessing.

Some may not be able to see the article, so I added the seating chart separately. Click on each section and you will see a lot of gray for seats sold.

I tend to agree, I just think the person I talked to was intentionally vague and wanted to set the bar low. To your point, it appears that they're selling all sections now (up to near the top) which is certainly an encouraging sign.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
I tend to agree, I just think the person I talked to was intentionally vague and wanted to set the bar low. To your point, it appears that they're selling all sections now (up to near the top) which is certainly an encouraging sign.

Definitely encouraging. I hope this will encourage those who feel like GT needs to reduce capacity in order to match demand. I believe a couple of 10-win seasons would solve the attendance problems.